EXO-6 Star Trek "General Discussion" 1/6 Line

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My own reaction to the Q announcement got me thinking... It is such a stricking costume and all.. "Iconic". And yet, I find that a simple, TNG uniformed Q announcement would have brought me way, WAY more joy. Why? Because of what scenes they both are associated with, of the things they each represent.
As a figure, Judge is way more impressive, would look great on a shelf and so on. But what is this one associated with? Times, when Q was no fun at all? Cruel and scary. Just a foe to defeat and move on. And Q in a uniform would be Q - the insufferable, unstoppable, inventive pest, that lights up the screen with his presence, and bickers with Picard so hilariously. An ingredient for so many fun displays! With both Janeway and Picard, and actually any figure in my collection, be it Star Wars, or Marvel. Or imagine him teaming up with Dead Pool? It would make me smile each time I see it. Fun factor would be immense, where Judge will be just what he was in a pilot - a pompous bully.

So... what`s more important to you in a figure. A truly impressive appearance, or an association with some inspiring content? I can`t say for myself, as it varies, but with Trek the meaning will always prevail over a flashy appearance, I guess. Unless it`s Jadzia in a klingon wedding dress 😅
D0uSeeoXgAA3wL_.jpg large.jpg
qwho_hd_405.jpg
Ez6fYigWQAkRHDh.jpg
DgS1dznWsAA7BsT.jpg large.jpg
102299933-stewart.jpg
18c1ade3afecc3ff0f2b12718d300b9a.jpg
ac1ff63e49b075f0190d0f56f9bc3a31--kate-mulgrew-star-trek-voyager.jpg

The question is if we get Q in a Starfleet uniform would it be the TNG version or the VOY/DS9 outfit from his few appearances on those shows? Probably the TNG outfit is more memorable to the character.

Can't believe how many figures have been teased already for 2022. If my count is correct, we have 11.

Preorders
EMH & Mirror Spock

Teases for 7 of 9, Burham, Saru, Georgiou, Archer, Judge Q, Picard in jacket, Sisko, Talosian?

And I want them all, dammit Jim!
…and don’t forget the teases for Commander Shran and Quark potentially 👍🏻

Last edited:
Nanjin, it was not a critique of your choices! You release whatever you can!
Understandable. 60 Trek fans can have 360 different preferences.

This is why there will be give and take in decision making. There will be risk. You will miss some character.

I like Q in TNG uniform but as a TNG productline, Q in uniform can only be 2ndory. Whether I will make Q in uniform is an unknown. We might we might not since there are so many figures to make in Trek.

On the other hand, putting together an uniformed Q is the easiest thing to do for us. We only need one head mold or maybe couple of gesture/action hands. Paintup. Boom, turnaround time can bless than 2 months.

I do have a fully sculpted Q available for me to use.

Decision Decision Decision.

Understandable. 60 Trek fans can have 360 different preferences.

This is why there will be give and take in decision making. There will be risk. You will miss some character.

I like Q in TNG uniform but as a TNG productline, Q in uniform can only be 2ndory. Whether I will make Q in uniform is an unknown. We might we might not since there are so many figures to make in Trek.

On the other hand, putting together an uniformed Q is the easiest thing to do for us. We only need one head mold or maybe couple of gesture/action hands. Paintup. Boom, turnaround time can bless than 2 months.

I do have a fully sculpted Q available for me to use.

Decision Decision Decision.
PLEEEEEEAAASEEEEE!!!!

Actually, I hope you will make Lorca for us, because he too is a simple figure to make. The same uniform as Saru. Just add a tribble for him to pet...

That is why I`m sad your Q will not have ears. If he would, and you never released another version, I would customise my Judge to get what I need.

That is why I`m sad your Q will not have ears. If he would, and you never released another version, I would customise my Judge to get what I need.
I tried, wanted to include a std TNG uniform as accessory. His outfit doesn't need sew-up so it can be removed. Didn't work, the hood look terrible because his hair formed an arch in front, and his ears make his head round.

I tried, wanted to include a std TNG uniform as accessory. His outfit doesn't need sew-up so it can be removed. Didn't work, the hood look terrible because his hair formed an arch in front, and his ears make his head round.
I wonder, where the real John Delance had put them in the costume. The ears, I mean))))

PLEEEEEEAAASEEEEE!!!!

Actually, I hope you will make Lorca for us, because he too is a simple figure to make. The same uniform as Saru. Just add a tribble for him to pet...
DSC uniform isn't as easy as TNG. TNG patterns consist of less than 7 pieces, DSC require 23 pieces, plus the Delta and those detailing prints.

DSC is the most expensive Trek series. So much detail, just the freaking hand phaser has 11 or 14 pieces....then there's this awesome but super complicated phaser rifle.... 5 pieces boots.... every single freaking item has a holster.... some holster has 3 parts...

The number I used above correlates to number of molds. Molds = Investment in production

....I don't expect DSC sales can fly like an eagle or even a raven. I think DSC will be more like personal collection similar to ENT. DSC do look awesome within Trek collection because they appear more like “action” figures than “standing” figures. Trek characters only stood around or do some awful fighting stunts.

Note, I only assumed the above. I do not know what's out there for DSC because majority of the DSC fans live in a different dimension (age differences affect social cirles)

Last edited:
So no hope for Lorca, too.
Nope, I am obligated to make DSC, but which character and when, will be determined by the market.

If I have access to a sizable population of 1/6 Trek audiences, I can do a survey on characters to determine the release order.

I am seriously hoping for a TNG uniform Q but I’ll pic up the Judge version just in case. Then the question becomes any plans to do the throne?

Last edited:
Back