EXO-6 Star Trek “Picard” Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The mouth looks terribly off on mine. It's rather distracting. I can see Patrick Stewart in the eyes, but that's it.

View attachment 682510

I think that’s basically due to the expression they gave him. Would have been better is they gave him a bit more neutral of a look. We know EXO is capable of an excellent Picard, it’s just that he’s seem to be really bearing down and almost scowling here that it only represents a small percentage of his looks in the series.

IMG_6431.png

Last edited:
NT mentions that they had their best sculptor work on Shaw, any idea on who that is?

I’m digging that Enterprise jacket NT is sporting.

I’d like to know how to find the credits on each Exo-6 release. Only place I’ve ever seen them is in the fancy shmancy boxes we got for TMP and Locutus figures.
I remember that for several of the Exo-6 figures I've purchased, I've seen the 'credits', such as "executive producer, sculptor, engineering, marketing director, etc." on the back of the box that contains the figures and accessories (not on the jacket sleeve that wraps around the box). I haven't paid attention if its on each and every one of the figures that have been released.

You can probably see them if you look up figure unboxing videos on YouTube.

Thanks Dave, I looked up some of his other work and it’s equally impressive. He advertises himself as a freelance sculptor, makes you wonder what the decision making process is regarding which character benefits from a seasoned artist and which are done by internal staff. Imagine if all releases were at this level.

Is Shaw getting one of the nicer boxes? It’s weird how decisions like that are made. Unless that’s just for the prototype. The Admiral Picard is in a standard box.

Ultimately not the biggest deal but wish all the figures had the nicer style boxes like TMP Kirk and Spock as well as Locutus.

Is Shaw getting one of the nicer boxes? It’s weird how decisions like that are made. Unless that’s just for the prototype. The Admiral Picard is in a standard box.

Ultimately not the biggest deal but wish all the figures had the nicer style boxes like TMP Kirk and Spock as well as Locutus.
I think it was Shaw in a TMP Box to surprise the actor of the contents. EXO-6 doesn't deal with packages until late, after preorders & production.

As great as the sculpt is, I'm still struggling with whether Shaw feels like an essential enough character to have in the Trek collection. No matter how much fun he might have been. And I can think of other one-shot captains (like Garrett or Jellico) who are more iconic and deserving of that spot.

I've been tempted by the Picard ones. Things holding back though are buying a THIRD series when it's already so expensive and the fact that Picard seasons 1 and 2 were so bad. They had their moments but were overwhelmingly negative. The third season is where they should have started.

I know the other shows have weaknesses and a few bad seasons but the fact they lasted longer (ignoring TOS) gives them a bit more credance.

Still Shaw and Geordi figures would tempt me...

Shaw was done a dirty when they killed him, replaced him on his ship with an extremely inexperienced at command Seven (I hate how fast they promote people or how fast they go through Starfleet Academy just for story beats...), AND they renamed his SHIP.
Even season 3 wasn't perfect... :p

As great as the sculpt is, I'm still struggling with whether Shaw feels like an essential enough character to have in the Trek collection. No matter how much fun he might have been. And I can think of other one-shot captains (like Garrett or Jellico) who are more iconic and deserving of that spot.
I've been tempted by the Picard ones. Things holding back though are buying a THIRD series when it's already so expensive and the fact that Picard seasons 1 and 2 were so bad. They had their moments but were overwhelmingly negative. The third season is where they should have started.

I know the other shows have weaknesses and a few bad seasons but the fact they lasted longer (ignoring TOS) gives them a bit more credance.

Shaw was done a dirty when they killed him, replaced him on his ship with an extremely inexperienced at command Seven (I hate how fast they promote people or how fast they go through Starfleet Academy just for story beats...), AND they renamed his SHIP.
Pretty much agree with all points here.

I haven’t dived into this line. If they would’ve teased a phenomenal looking Riker I would’ve considered picking up Picard and drawing the line there. To me those two made the season and the best scenes involved them both.

Shaw was killed off prematurely, and the renaming of the ship and Seven/Raffi command structure didn’t really seem like a believable setup. Not really sure it would work as a standalone series.

Maybe the series had an interdimensional shift where just for a few minutes, it found itself in the Kelvin timeline or the Disco whatever.

After meeting Stashwick on the Trek cruise (both last year and this year), even my wife wants me to grab a Shaw figure. I dearly, dearly hope he's on the next cruise as well.
Iconic or not, his portrayal of Shaw shot him to my list of favorite captains (Sisko, Shaw, Lorca).
1000000106.jpg

@Time Lord Collector - I’m sure that Q will make another appearance eventually.

I’m actually waiting to see further pics of Stashwick before I make my final decision and selective in my purchases.

Back