EXO-6 Star Trek “Enterprise” Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's a real shame when the Enterprise section turns into a discussion about DS9. I wish there was something regarding new Enterprise figures to discuss. With T'Pol being the only other Enterprise character shown and doubts cast by EXO-6 regarding completing the crew I unfortunately believe there's only one or two more figures planned for the Enterprise line. I hope I'm wrong. Right now we've seen less figures for Enterprise than any other series.

That's my fault. As soon as you post something negative about DS9 (Even just low viewership reports), the fans will come out of the woodwork like bloodthirsty Klingons.

I just can't see a Mayweather figure ever seeing the light of day.

It might. I mean, clearly, Enterprise has fans. And the appreciation its getting in new Trek series is certainly indicative of that. But it looks like Nanjin is focusing on finishing complete crews now. We've got VOY, DS9 isn't far behind at this point (We've seen protos of just about every main cast member except Jake) and TNG is ramping up.
ENT might be the last (Or 2nd-to-last if he does it before TOS).
Fingers crossed!

😂love the pic!

Unfortunately, Avery Brooks & Nana Visitor have a propensity to overact. Terry Ferrell isn't a strong actress- who believes she's the "old man". She did get better as the show went on tho. Odo, Bashir & O'Brien aren't very appealing- no casual viewer tunes in to see what's going on with them. Their friendship isnt believable. Keiko doesn't want to be there & who can blame her? Quark & Garak are probably the best performances, but hardly lead characters. The Sisko/Jake relationship is the excellent- but nothing you would tune in for. It doesn't seem like the cast is having fun together. They're just playing their roles.

VGR is more well-cast; a more appealing group, and frankly a better looking group that a casual viewer would rather spend/waste an hour with. You root for them basically because they're underdogs trying to get home & that's compelling and relateable. VGR is a better show to kick back with after a hard day at work for a little escapism.

star wars qui gon jin GIF

Last edited:
Yeah T'Pol is the only one I care about. I really liked Hoshi early on when she was all nervous and freaking out over being in space, but can't remember a single interesting thing they did with the character after that point. And poor Mayweather was even less developed.

Yeah T'Pol is the only one I care about. I really liked Hoshi early on when she was all nervous and freaking out over being in space, but can't remember a single interesting thing they did with the character after that point. And poor Mayweather was even less developed.

My "Must-haves" for Enterprise are Archer, T'Pol, Trip, Reed and Phlox. Mayweather is a BIG maybe. Like, "will get if I have enough Sideshow points to pay the whole thing" maybe. As for Hoshi, it'd be more tempting if it was Empress Hoshi, ha-cha-cha.

But as far as the acting (and to bring us back to ENT), I far prefer Brooks's overacting to.... whatever the hell Bakula was doing with Archer most of the time. As for Terry Farrell, she suffered from two things: The writers weren't sure what the character of Dax would even BE for like a season and a half, and Farrell was a model who barely had any acting experience (much like T'Pol).

1711591633117.gif

I can’t say I’ve ever seen someone insinuate that Scott Bakula is not a good actor.

IMO he knocked it out of the park with Archer. Archer perhaps experienced the most development arc of all the Captains. His transformation from the wide eyed optimistic explorer in Season 1 to the battle hardened and almost defeated spirit come the conclusion of Season 3 as delivered by Bakula made it extremely believable at least for me.

View attachment 695027

I can’t say I’ve ever seen someone insinuate that Scott Bakula is not a good actor.

IMO he knocked it out of the park with Archer. Archer perhaps experienced the most development arc of all the Captains. His transformation from the wide eyed optimistic explorer in Season 1 to the battle hardened and almost defeated spirit come the conclusion of Season 3 as delivered by Bakula made it extremely believable at least for me.

I think Bakula was...miscast. he's a good actor, there's no doubt, but I never felt like he had enough intensity when Archer had to get angry.

Disagree. As someone who grew up with Quantum Leap, I found it pretty intense when he got angry as Archer. Real “disappointed Dad” energy.

Yeah, I just didn't like the "disappointed dad" energy I guess.
But then again, I also thought no one did a better angry captain than Sisko. Try as I might, I cannot picture Archer ever backhanding someone over a table and then demanding they get up so he can punch them again. :mad:

. . . I also thought no one did a better angry captain than Sisko . . .

This :lecture (but I also admired the way Archer was portrayed).

I think every Star Trek Captain/"lead" player has been perfectly cast & depicted (at the time) - with the exception of Janeway & that dozy lass off "Discovery".

Ah - "Discovery" - the only cast with less overall screen presence than "Voyager" :slap

I love Scott Bakula in literally everything except Enterprise. I don't know why but his acting seemed more clammy or something. He's a fantastic actor! I don't know what they did. I don't know if it was direction. Maybe I too just hate the "dissapointed dad" thing. No idea. But it wasn't good. Especially in my favorite Enterprise episode where they go to the other universe. Tooooo over the top. I still really like that episode though...

Yeah I was a massive Quantum Leap fan, but his aww-shucks delivery always seemed like an odd fit on a Trek series and even came across a bit goofy at times. And then they overcorrected in later seasons by making him this super grim and unlikable hardass.

I feel I should add something thoughtful, considered, and prosaic . . .

. . . so here we go --> DS9 rules - Voyager sucks.​

And that's a couple more people added to my "blocked" list :)

In all seriousness, I'll likely never watch Voyager again - DS9 will get end-to-end re-views every 3 or 4 years.

I don't think anyone was as basic as
this rules/that sucks. Everyone gave fair
opinions with reasons. I cant imagine blocking anyone who doesn't align with "my" opinions 😂 on a tv show 😊
I think Bakula was...miscast. he's a good actor, there's no doubt, but I never felt like he had enough intensity when Archer had to get angry.
Didn't Rick Berman say he was told to fire Bakula at one point, but refused? 🤔

Didn't Rick Berman say he was told to fire Bakula at one point, but refused? 🤔
If that's the case, I'm glad he didn't. It would set a bad precedent. Say what you want about Bakula's performance, but Archer does have a distinct personality. I choose to view him as kind of a nepotism baby that's trying his best and failing upward.

Not sure if you’ve seen this interview but it provides a lot of insight on the network politics around Enterprise and what you mention above.

That was a really good conversation. Rick Berman years ago said he was writing his Memoirs on Trek- I hope it gets published...👍

Back