Exactly how BIG is the Predalien you ask? I'll tell you how BIG...

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FACEBOX

Xenomorph Rex
Reaction score
FREAKIN BIG!

The Paint is the worst I've seen on any Hot Toys figure! :monkey4
Les... I hope you're reading this buddy. :eek: *insert hint here*

No more words, I'll let the pix do the talking:

Crouch position:

AVPRPredalien004.jpg

AVPRPredalien006.jpg

AVPRPredalien010.jpg

AVPRPredalien011.jpg

AVPRPredalien013.jpg

Upright position:

AVPRPredalien036.jpg

AVPRPredalien040.jpg

AVPRPredalien042.jpg

Omg, bigger than i thought it would be. Now im really considering buying it. Ill have all the three from the movie. But mehh, id like another predator even more so.

I love it! And believe it or not, I don't think the paint is all that bad! :lol
(ducks and hides from Facebox :D )

Yes, it needs tweaking here and there, but the overall colors are not that shabby. It's the lack of spots and light colors here and there that make it miss.
But, if you never got it repainted (and the HUGE rubber mid-torso is gonna be hard to repaint with any standard paints...), then leave it as is.

Since I got mine today, I'll post it here is mine with my others, so you can see scale with my set...

PA002.jpg

I stood my AVP-R Alien up almost upright, so you can see they are both tall...

PA001.jpg

And my entire collection of Preds with the PA in one shot...

PA004.jpg

Big yeah! HUGE! But not half a Queen by any means!

And again, I like the paint on mine.
I'll try and get some tweaks in after my break, but for now, it looks ok to me.
Maybe when I get it tweaked, I will feel differently.

But, GET ONE! This thing rules!!!

And Maulfan, the outer mandibles you have gone on about are interesting. They are seperate parts altogether that pivot and rotate sort of up and down, and open and stretch the "tendons" in there, as well as open wider outward a bit. Interesting way to do it for the toy. VERY dynamic! Inner mouth and tongue are less than stellar, and the teeth color is too dark, but that can be fixed.

All in all, I like it! Damn glad I got one!

(LOL @ "ducks and hides") :lol
Cool pix Les.
I like the line-up with all the ALIENS. :cool:

However, I think I'll have to be the 1st person ever to disagree with you regarding anything that has to do with paint. :eek:

I own NECA's Predalien (6") and its paint app surpasses Hot Toy's job by great lengths!

2088320403_3793c36b92.jpg

review_predalien_4.jpg

Me no happy. :monkey2

Anyways, if anyone is one the fence... it's a nice figure.
Designs wise, it's great. My main beef is the paint, but you know that already.

It might be good for some, but I guess since I'm an alien nut an all.... :rolleyes:

(LOL @ "ducks and hides") :lol
Cool pix Les.
I like the line-up with all the ALIENS. :cool:

However, I think I'll have to be the 1st person ever to disagree with you regarding anything that has to do with paint. :eek:

I own NECA's Predalien (6") and its paint app surpasses Hot Toy's job by great lengths!

2088320403_3793c36b92.jpg

review_predalien_4.jpg

Me no happy. :monkey2

Anyways, if anyone is one the fence... it's a nice figure.
Designs wise, it's great. My main beef is the paint, but you know that already.

It might be good for some, but I guess since I'm an alien nut an all.... :rolleyes:

I see! Well, bear in mind I have none of the NECA toys, so I haven't had any actual 3-D things to compare it to. To me, it rules! But, I can see it needs a tad more greenish, and more metallics in the darks. And lots more dots! :D
But....for a novice "haver" of things AVP-R, I am most happy!
And, when looking at my ADI book, this is close. But, I concede that it needs some tweaks. I just say, they are not mandatory.

To me. :D

So far... :monkey3

Damn he's huge!!!!!! He won't fit in my regular Detolf shelves being that tall! :monkey2

Toys2 is expecting their PredAliens in soon so I'll be keeping my fingers crossed.

I see! Well, bear in mind I have none of the NECA toys, so I haven't had any actual 3-D things to compare it to. To me, it rules! But, I can see it needs a tad more greenish, and more metallics in the darks. And lots more dots! :D
But....for a novice "haver" of things AVP-R, I am most happy!
And, when looking at my ADI book, this is close. But, I concede that it needs some tweaks. I just say, they are not mandatory.

To me. :D

So far... :monkey3

Well, I recommend that you pick up NECA's Predalien if you ever get the chance.
The articulation is almost null, but it still manages to look cool. :D

I have to admit that the Hot Toys Predalien's paint app. isn't as bad as it could have been. (like neon-orange or something)
I guess that I'm a bit biased because I have seen your work, so I know things can always look better when graced by your "mystical powers". :gandalf_w :emperor

Damn he's huge!!!!!! He won't fit in my regular Detolf shelves being that tall! :monkey2

Toys2 is expecting their PredAliens in soon so I'll be keeping my fingers crossed.

Yup, if you have him crouched he'll fit.

Hope you get yours soon.
It's definitely a cool figure. :chew

WTF!!! HOW +++++K IS BIG???? wow ripley is tall like a leg of the predalien! in those pics side by side it's really impressive, sure than in life is freakin' cool and huge!
i'm glad , i don't see the time to take that freakyn huge monster and put in my shelf, i'm glad to have get one via pre-order

He looks great!!! though the paint does seem a little weird looking. something's off. but still a very nice design by hot toys. had to pass on the whole AVP:R stuff. movie just didnt do anything for me.

would he really of been the same size as the powerloader ?
So there saying hes about the same size as the aliens alien queen ?.
Sounds like bs to me.

i cancelled my predalien preorder and asked abc to send me a HT superman 2 in 1 instead.. after seeing a few of the pics im haveing second thoughts again.. :lol:lol.. though i dont like the proportions.. or the paintjob.. but the size of the whole figure is pretty cool.. however the head looks undersized to me.

anyway nothing i can do about it now, wolf will do from avp-r:D

Back