Eventual Vader Legendary Scale Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Good luck guys. As seen on the Vader 1:1 bust Sideshow wants a certain degree of accuracy but their artistic vision comes first.

Don't hold your breath.

Unfortunately none of the Vader figures, statues or dios are too accurate...

I really don't need one exactly accurate for it to be excellent, I just want one that looks better than CM because I passed on that one. Vader is definitely one that I think SS would pay extra attention to detail though. Especially in this scale! :dunno

I really don't need one exactly accurate for it to be excellent, I just want one that looks better than CM because I passed on that one. Vader is definitely one that I think SS would pay extra attention to detail though. Especially in this scale! :dunno

The idea is that CM is pretty accurate, but the pose really kills it.

The idea is that CM is pretty accurate, but the pose really kills it.

I like the pose -- looks less dancy now-- they changed the angle of the sword arm lower to look a lot more natural and the left arm is undergoing subtle attachment change because it's actually bent at the mid forearm... -- also the left crooked leg has been adjusted...picked up a few more buyers as a result...

I hope Sideshow pays more attention in this scale -- we shall see what they are willing to do to get it as accurate as possible -- and lets not misinterpret inaccuracy or the inability to faithfully recreate a likeness for artistic license...artistic license can be interpreted through the pose (I guess like the alien maquette - though I'm not hot about it) or through a very specific style, like the Unleashed figures - ultra actiony-y...and stylized characters.

My view on this is that errors in this scale will be way more noticeable because of the size alone. People expecting Gino-like accuracy from this LSF line may be disappointed as he (or somebody like him) would need to be involved. There is also the matter of the infamous Sideshow QC that is not as strict as the QC from eFX. That alone may be way more effort than Sideshow has been known to put on recent pieces.

In the spirit of fairness, I hope that once the LSF Vader is released all the nitpickers tear it apart in good Vader nitpicker fashion. At 1:2 scale (assuming they even make it in that size to match Obi-Wan since the LSF line is all over the place) it will be very easy to put a Limited/Legend ANH eFX helmet beside it and start right there at the helmet since they will be close in size. Then work your way down the outfit and keep taking points off for this and that.

Sideshow has made it clear that they are in it to make collectibles and not super accurate prop-like items. They'll strive for accuracy (to a point) but to think they are going to cator to the RPF crowd is almost naive. The best you can hope for is a statue that "feels" like Vader. I think the CM accomplishes that and I am sure the Sideshow LSF will do the same.

My view on this is that errors in this scale will be way more noticeable because of the size alone. People expecting Gino-like accuracy from this LSF line may be disappointed as he (or somebody like him) would need to be involved. There is also the matter of the infamous Sideshow QC that is not as strict as the QC from eFX. That alone may be way more effort than Sideshow has been known to put on recent pieces.

In the spirit of fairness, I hope that once the LSF Vader is released all the nitpickers tear it apart in good Vader nitpicker fashion. At 1:2 scale (assuming they even make it in that size to match Obi-Wan since the LSF line is all over the place) it will be very easy to put a Limited/Legend ANH eFX helmet beside it and start right there at the helmet since they will be close in size. Then work your way down the outfit and keep taking points off for this and that.

Sideshow has made it clear that they are in it to make collectibles and not super accurate prop-like items. They'll strive for accuracy (to a point) but to think they are going to cator to the RPF crowd is almost naive. The best you can hope for is a statue that "feels" like Vader. I think the CM accomplishes that and I am sure the Sideshow LSF will do the same.

Let us just hope that whoever is involved makes it feel A LOT like Vader.

I agree with everything you said, but I still hope Sideshow will do a better job with Vader than CM did. I was expecting a much more impressive piece from CM for $2k and I was very disappointed when it was revealed. It would be great if Sideshow used Gino or some other Vader expert to make this thing as accurate as possible. It doesn't have to be 100% perfect, but for something that's going to be 1:2 scale it's really going to need the utmost attention to detail and I'm hoping they don't drop the ball.

Who are these made for? Cinemaquette guys? Dorky has it's limits.

I would agree, but I have seen collections that border on hoarding.

I can't fault anyone for spending $2,000 on something they really want when others spend $300 X 15 (and more) on a bunch of figures, statues, busts, etc.

Sometimes less is more.

It doesn't have to be 100% perfect, but for something that's going to be 1:2 scale it's really going to need the utmost attention to detail and I'm hoping they don't drop the ball.

I agree. The bigger the scale the more you are on the spotlight to nail this thing. Fans will be pulling out props, screen shots, etc. for comparison because 1:2 is a hair short of the definitive/ultimate 1:1 scale. People want perfection for the price (that's what they demand from CM at $2,000) and this may be the best that they can display without going 1:1 scale.

I guess we'll see. I just don't have much faith in Sideshow given their past blunders on "definitive" to completely disregard the CM piece. Artistic license on poses and such just baffle me sometimes (Jedi Luke PF, Silver Surfer comiquette, etc.)

Oh I don't fault anyone, I guess I just think this is for a very small group of collectors. But they seem to be going balls out on how many they are releasing..."and in this economy". :lol

I agree. The bigger the scale the more you are on the spotlight to nail this thing. Fans will be pulling out props, screen shots, etc. for comparison because 1:2 is a hair short of the definitive/ultimate 1:1 scale. People want perfection for the price (that's what they demand from CM at $2,000) and this may be the best that they can display without going 1:1 scale.

I guess we'll see. I just don't have much faith in Sideshow given their past blunders on "definitive" to completely disregard the CM piece. Artistic license on poses and such just baffle me sometimes (Jedi Luke PF, Silver Surfer comiquette, etc.)

...the alien...coulda been better

Back