Even if you hate Kingdom of the Crystal Skull...

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't have the handbook, and I don't want to spoil the ending for myself, but does the book tell you what happens at the end of the movie essentially? Did it ruin it for you?

No.

It just says, "if you ever encounter beings from another dimension do as Indy did and get the heck out of there!"

I honestly have no idea how the movie ends exactly, and I don't wanna know until 5/22.

Old man Indy or Kick Ass Indy? I vote the latter:

magazine_scifi.jpg

I know I won't hate KOTCS. I've liked them all and find them all quite enjoyable to watch Last Crusade is my fave though I will say that.

So, why no Sallah? Was it a actor thing? Or, was it just not considered given plot or whatnot? Keep in mind I know nothing on the plot, other than them finding ET's tomb!

So, why no Sallah? Was it a actor thing? Or, was it just not considered given plot or whatnot? Keep in mind I know nothing on the plot, other than them finding ET's tomb!

You must have missed:

Because none of the film's story is set in the Middle East, which is always where Indy's adventures with Sallah take place.

:lecture

I think George made this new Indy just for the merchandising on all the films. He knew it wouldn't sell without something to attract new people.

Old man Indy or Kick Ass Indy? I vote the latter:

magazine_scifi.jpg

I agree with you there Irish. I picked up the new EW today and Ford looks a lot younger than 65 on that cover. Not many 65 year old men look like this.Hell, I work with guys in their 50's that look ten years older than him.

I agree with you there Irish. I picked up the new EW today and Ford looks a lot younger than 65 on that cover. Not many 65 year old men look like this.Hell, I work with guys in their 50's that look ten years older than him.

Yeah the age quips are (no pun) getting old. I guarantee you the guy's in much better shape than 95 percent of toy collectors half his age, and could probably still kick most of your asses :D

That bugs me. Does anyone know why John Rhys-Davies was replaced with Ray Winstone?

No Sallah? I was willing to forgive this once...maybe in Indy 5? :)

But they really should have had Sallah in it, since Marcus Brody and Henry Jones Sr. won't be in it. Or even an appearance by a fully grown Short Round. I guess Marion is all we'll get for our trip down memory lane.

yea, i don't get this "old man stuff". sure he's 65, but he really looks about 50. ford has really aged well and taken care of himself. my dad is 6 years younger than ford, but looks about 20 years older than him.:lol

yea, i don't get this "old man stuff". sure he's 65, but he really looks about 50. ford has really aged well and taken care of himself. my dad is 6 years younger than ford, but looks about 20 years older than him.:lol

The fuss about the age is just something people do without really thinking about it. They're bred to think that our senior citizens can't "do it anymore" and to laugh when they try. I think it's disrespectful. I'm very happy to see movies like Rocky Balboa come out that specifically address this issue. The age of your body doesn't matter so much as the desire in your heart. If Harrison Ford still wants to and is still ABLE to swing around on a bullwhip then I applaud him. For those that put him down, I think they could actually do a little "growing up" of their own.

The fuss about the age is just something people do without really thinking about it. They're bred to think that our senior citizens can't "do it anymore" and to laugh when they try. I think it's disrespectful. I'm very happy to see movies like Rocky Balboa come out that specifically address this issue. The age of your body doesn't matter so much as the desire in your heart. If Harrison Ford still wants to and is still ABLE to swing around on a bullwhip then I applaud him. For those that put him down, I think they could actually do a little "growing up" of their own.

AMEN. I plan on defying the "odds" when I get to be his age as well. So there.

I also plan on make-up, soft-focus filters and air-brushing.

Not denying the guy's in good shape, but in the case of Hollywood what you see definitely ain't what you get!

Back