Eragon Review w/Spoilers

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

King Darkness

Super Freak
Reaction score
Just got out and it was lame. Sorry to say. I really wanted to see this flick and wanted it be be good even more. Pretty disappointed. Under developed characters, and frankly, bad acting.

I really reminded me of one of those Sci-Fi made for TV movies.

You can definitely see were he got his influences from.

SPOILERS:Sorry I don't really remember any names from the move.

Eragon=Frodo/Luke Skywalker(kinda whinny gets set out on journey not ready for)

King dude=Vader(Dragon rider turned bad kills fellow dragon riders)

Dragon riders= Jedi

Guys who chase down Eragon=Urukai/Rings Wraiths

Battle at end=Lame Helms Deep

The similarities go on and on.

Really let down by this move.

King Darkness said:
Just got out and it was lame. Sorry to say. I really wanted to see this flick and wanted it be be good even more. Pretty disappointed. Under developed characters, and frankly, bad acting.

I really reminded me of one of those Sci-Fi made for TV movies.

You can definitely see were he got his influences from.

SPOILERS:Sorry I don't really remember any names from the move.

Eragon=Frodo/Luke Skywalker(kinda whinny gets set out on journey not ready for)

King dude=Vader(Dragon rider turned bad kills fellow dragon riders)

Dragon riders= Jedi

Guys who chase down Eragon=Urukai/Rings Wraiths

Battle at end=Lame Helms Deep

The similarities go on and on.

Really let down by this move.
I haven't seen this yet but having read the book and seeing that the runtime was only an hour and 40 minutes got me worried. Even though it is a clear LOTR ripoff I still enjoyed the book, but to cut down a 600 page book to an hour and 40 minutes just doesn't sound good and I was looking forward to this.

I agree that the trailer didn't get me that excited--it really did remind me of a Sci-Fi channel TV movie, so it's funny that I'm not the only one who made that connection. If I hear a few really good reviews from people who have seen it then I might check it out, but otherwise I will just rewatch LOTR, Harry Potter, and Dragonheart.

tomandshell said:
I agree that the trailer didn't get me that excited--it really did remind me of a Sci-Fi channel TV movie, so it's funny that I'm not the only one who made that connection.
loooked to be in that SciFi movie category to me as well.

so far Ive read 3 reviews.
still waiting on a positive one :monkey1

I've read nothing but bad reviews for this movie, I think I will be skipping it.

I should get working on a hastily-put-together script with a predictable plot and characterizations lifted off recent films, before this fantasy fad dies out. I'll become a millionaire overnight! What should I call it.. Brodo, Faragorn, or Eramir? :rolleyes:

Its getting panned alot here. Which is good, so now I can rub it in my friends face who said this will be much better than any of the lotr films because they all sucked.:monkey4 This will flop.

It shares more with Star Wars than anything else - I wouldn't be surprised if the Princess and Eragorn turn out to be brother and sister in the 3rd book.

Since it was written by a 15 year old, I had very low expectations for this, and it lived up to them beautifully. I thought Irons did a good job, although Malkovich and Carlyle were pretty bad. The lead wasn't nearly as bad as I'd expected from the trailers though. I liked the effects with the dragon too, they realized her fairly well.

I'll go see it for the effects. I didn't read the book, but I heard that for people who read the book it's even worse. And that's really sad because I thought it'd be a good movie.

The only good review I have read so far has come from my local paper's critic and that guy is an idiot.

Bannister said:
The only good review I have read so far has come from my local paper's critic and that guy is an idiot.
:lol we have one of those too.
He used to review movies on the local News Friday mornings.
He's a Gene Hackman fanatic. everytime he reviewed a movie with Hackman in it, he had an "I Heart Hackman" tshirt on and a signed 8x10 glossy on the desk beside him.

It was quite embarrassing to even watch.

occulum said:
:lol we have one of those too.
He used to review movies on the local News Friday mornings.
He's a Gene Hackman fanatic. everytime he reviewed a movie with Hackman in it, he had an "I Heart Hackman" tshirt on and a signed 8x10 glossy on the desk beside him.

It was quite embarrassing to even watch.
:lol :lol :lol

Rotten Tomatoes shows only 14% of the reviews for this movie are positive. That's remarkably bad.

Here's a nice quote from one of the reviews:

The only real difference between "Eragon" and one of those laughably chintzy movies produced for the Sci-Fi Channel is the cast.

Great minds think alike.

Everything I've seen of this movie looks bad so I'm going to avoid seeing it. I noticed that they put it during the holiday season when the LOTR movies and the Chronicles of Narnia premiered so they're well aware of the similarities to LOTR.

I'm curious whether or not the complete rip off of Star Wars is present in the novels or is something the script writers put in?

screamingmetal said:
Everything I've seen of this movie looks bad so I'm going to avoid seeing it. I noticed that they put it during the holiday season when the LOTR movies and the Chronicles of Narnia premiered so they're well aware of the similarities to LOTR.

I'm curious whether or not the complete rip off of Star Wars is present in the novels or is something the script writers put in?
The similarities are in the novels as well.

I actually liked the movie :eek: I haven't read the books though. I too totally saw Star Wars and LotR similarities/rip offs. I might go back and read the two books now. Is there supposed to be more than 3 or will the 3rd one be the end?

I thought the baby dragon was really cute, it reminded me of my dog :lol

Back