Equilibrium + Obscure Sci Fi list

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Black@ssB0lt

Super Freak
Reaction score
Equilibrium is a kick @ss sci fi movie from a few years ago that I totally missed. So I just wanted to make sure I passed the good word about in case there was anyone else who missed it too.

In my mind there aren't very many really great sci fi movies outside of the main core of movies that we've all seen over and over. I just rewatched Alien and Aliens and they keep getting more fun and interesting, they are so well done on all fronts. I think Equilibrium has at least some rewatch potential, a really well done movie.

So if anybody would like to post a sci fi movie title here that they think is a little or alot obscure I would be much obliged.

I'll even throw in another. Dead Space, animated movie that Warren Ellis had a hand in. Awesome.

Well, I don't know if these qualify as obscure, but I do know that people hate on these two movies and I really enjoy them.

Dark City
The Fountain

Some might not consider The Fountain a Sci-Fi film, but the main storyline of that film is about a man traveling through space. I think The Fountain breaks my top three favorite films of all time.

Yea, all those movies you guys mentioned are quite good. Equilibrium is a little preachy, but I enjoyed it.

VERY random film here, but you guys should check it out, Bladerunner. Its got that guy who was in that adventure film, Andy Jones? Anyway, check out this Bladerunner, its pretty good.

VERY random film here, but you guys should check it out, Bladerunner. Its got that guy who was in that adventure film, Andy Jones? Anyway, check out this Bladerunner, its pretty good.

Is this film available at my local DVD store? :confused:

I'll add my vote for awesomeness to: Dark City and Enemy Mine, fantastic films :rock

Wait is that the one where Tommy Lee Jones is chasing Leslie Neilson?

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/xVr5AJz2xNo&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/xVr5AJz2xNo&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Might be in the bargin bin, hard to say though :dunno

Good hunting :)

I just looked it up and apparently it's directed by the brother of the guy who did Top Gun. It must be great.
topgun_800px.jpg

I just looked it up and apparently it's directed by the brother of the guy who did Top Gun. It must be great.
topgun_800px.jpg

Hey, is that that guy who married Larry Holmes? I remember him when he showed David Letterman his boobs, that was awesome.

Well since Equilibrium is not really sci-fi by any means I'll suggest Fahrenheit 451 as a movie you might enjoy.

Wait, you're being serious? Are you? Are...you? Equilibrium = Fahrenheit 451 except dumber and with more guns/explosions. Okay, well, there's some thematic differences too.

Back