Episode One 10th Anniversary in '09...

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not to me i like it better than ep2

And yes i am also looking forward to it's 10th anv. God damn has it been 10 years already?????

I like it more than Ep2 and the fact its been 10 years is just nuts.

I don't get the hate on the PT as a whole. I enjoy them and in the end thats all I give a ^^^^ about. Some people really need to try and enjoy things more instead of ^^^^^ing like middle school girls.

They all ready made the only 2 TPM figures worth making. Qui and Maul. In my eyes it is by far the worst of the 6.

I like it more than Ep2 and the fact its been 10 years is just nuts.

I don't get the hate on the PT as a whole. I enjoy them and in the end thats all I give a ^^^^ about. Some people really need to try and enjoy things more instead of ^^^^^ing like middle school girls.

:lecture Same here. Enjoy all of them (except for Anakin/Padme scenes and Jar Jar). To me, ROTS is almost on the same level as ROTJ (it can't touch ANH and ESB) and i'm starting to like Episode I more then II. There's just too much Anakin/Padme that sucks.

And it's crazy it's almost been 10 years :horror

Don't get me wrong---for the most part Phantom Menace is horrid.

But it is the best of the prequels, and I have to openly admit that I would without a doubt grab up a Padawan Obi....which would inadvertently provoke the purchase of a Qui-Gon & Maul....

So please don't make him, SS. I don't have the room for it.

I don't hate TPM...

It's just my least favourite...

I do hate Jar-Jar quite a lot...but not as much as Jaxxon...I HATE HIM SO MUCH...

Jar-Jar is the only figure that the folks at Sideshow have said they wouldn't make. If you search Google for the early interviews you'll see them quoted there.

Well, all things considered, it's a smare business move on their part. I'd get him, and sure a small ammount around here would be behind it, but SSC's smallest run figures are like a 3000 ES, I imagine for Jar Jar even that would be a hard order to sell off, you'd have to do like maybe 1000-1500 and at that low an ES, what's it really worth to SSC making. At the best, we'll get a Jar Jar in his senate garbs as the body would be concealed, and who'd want that. I'd take TPM Jar Jar only.

Loved the movie then and I still enjoy it a great deal. A lot of fun. And the mania that came with the film, the anticipation and feel of that midnight showing is something I'll always cherish. It would be nice to have a Jar-Jar figure. I never understood peoples problems with the character and he'd make for a fine figure from Sideshow's line.

I still like it. It's about 15 minutes too long and Lloyd was too young for the Padme/Anakin jappur snippet scene to work.

But I love it.

I'd like to see the following :-

Obi-Wan Kenobi
Nute Gunray
Lott Dodd
Anakin (Slave)
Anakin (Padawan)
Capt. Panaka
Padme (Slave)
Naboo Security
Naboo Pilot

It's still a pretty boring movie overall, and no way is it better than ROTS (although AOTC, that's arguable). Yes, there are a few cool scenes but too much of the movie is ruined by Anakin and Jar-Jar. I think I hate young Anakin even more than Jar-Jar, to be quite honest.

It DID have some memorable characters, but the two best ones - Maul and Qui-Gonn - have already been done. Obi-Wan would be fine, and a Battle Droid would kick a$$, but I could live without the rest. The only Padme I think I would buy is the one in white from AOTC - imo her most memorable look. Although a bunch of Queen Amidalas in all her outfits would look impressive, it'd feel a bit too much like a doll collection for my taste.

I didn't have the internet in '99 so it wasn't until years later that I learned how much I was supposed to hate TPM.

Oh no, dont worry, most people didnt need the internet to know what a POS movie this was. Sorry. The first time I saw it, I knew it would go down as one the worst movies ever. EVER.

Oh no, dont worry, most people didnt need the internet to know what a POS movie this was. Sorry. The first time I saw it, I knew it would go down as one the worst movies ever. EVER.

I didn't need the internet to tell me they were bad :rolleyes:

But I actually enjoyed the theatrical experience, and didn't grow to loathe the prequels until later.

I probably won't watch Phantom Menace again any time soon, but as far as lightsaber battles go, I think the "duel of the fates" has every other matchup in the entire saga beat hands down.

Still think aside from a few pacing issues (the film seems to STOP once we reach Coruscant), TPM is a good Star Wars movie. Only things I think would have made it better were to have more of a focus on the actual threat Naboo was in. A blockade of Trade federation ships just didn't cut it. I know it's a Star Wars movie but maybe a few scenes intercut with Tatooine and Coruscant to show Naboo people getting killed or buildings on fire or just something other than Nute Gunray and Sio Bibble talking how they've been moved to camps.

Aside from liking the main characters, I didn't care for the Naboo people and the threat got kind of lost trekking from Tatooine to Coruscant back to Naboo.

B!$ching aside, it's still fun and the lightsaber duel was unmatched by any other in Star Wars.

All i remeber was sitting in the cinema and was sinking deeper and deeper in my chair while my head turned to deep red. That was the first time i was actually ashamed of being a Star Wars fan. The whole PT gave me a few more of these moments. Sorry i can't enjoy what is definitly not enjoyable for me. As a Star Wars fan i am some kind of bound to that PT as it is a part of my favorite movie line. So it is not just ignore or enjoy...

Back