Episode III DVD November 8th

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think he'll release the dvd with the deleted scenes completed with SFX, and not include them in the movie proper.
It would be great if when he does a re-release in 2007 (is this confirmed btw?) that he does "extended editions" but I doubt it would happen. :doh

Scriff

George is about the only director where the released cut IS the director's cut. But I'd love to see an expanded version - the subplot with the birth of the rebellion sounds interesting and it's more Natalie too!

Sometimes you get lucky.

From Homing Beacon #141:

Episode III DVD On Its Way. The Summer of Sith is not over yet, but already there's more Episode III to look forward to at the end of '05. Though exact release dates and feature-specs have yet to be revealed, Sansweet did preview some of what was to come. Like the DVDs for Episodes I and II, the Episode III DVD will contain completed deleted scenes -- with score, sound and visual effects -- as bonus material. He even screened one of these lost scenes exclusively to the Comic-Con audience: the first clandestine meeting of concerned Senators Bail Organa, Mon Mothma, Padmé Amidala and others to forge an Alliance to restore the Republic.

:banana :banana :banana

Re: re

Yeah, but it's probably on the extra disc and NOT integrated back into the film like PJ did with LOTR!
He should release two version like New Line did! >:

the first clandestine meeting of concerned Senators Bail Organa, Mon Mothma, Padmé Amidala and others to forge an Alliance to restore the Republic.

That is one scene that should never have been cut from the film in the first place...glad we'll get to see it. Maybe some one will make a fan-edit of ROTS, adding in these scenes...

TheDigitalBits is now reporting that the Episode III DVD is expected on November 1st, one week sooner than we thought. Fine with me!

AWESOME! Man I can't wait to hear this again in all its DD-EX glory. That opening space battle is going to :rock my theater.

Yeah, there are several SW DVD's coming out on Nov 1st. ROTS, all three prequels, then all 6 in one set. I believe thats it but I may be missing a couple.

I'm eagerly looking forward to ep III on DVD. I hope the Shaak Ti death scenes are on it preferably one edited into the movie.

Also for release in September is the Clone Wars vol. II DVD!

Also for release in September is the Clone Wars vol. II DVD!

Actually, The Digital Bits is reporting the CW Vol. II set will come out on 12/6, and Ep. III on Nov. 1. They're just about the most reliable source for DVD news, so you can take that to the bank.

Whoops, I actually heard it was sometime in November (Sept. was a mistake). But if it's now in early December, then it's about the same time as the other releases.

Yeah, but it's probably on the extra disc and NOT integrated back into the film like PJ did with LOTR!

George did extend some scenes on the episode I DVD. I know he extended the pod race intros. So I hope he will incorporate some footage directly into this one (Ep III) as well. This is purely wishful thinking and speculation on my part

I still need to get around to buying the first one.
Josh, if you haven't seen any of the Clone Wars series, I'd suggest waiting and watching Vol. II when it comes out first, it's far better then Vol. I.

I watched them online actually. Enjoyed them a lot but just been too lazy to buy the DVD :lol

DVD COVER ART

20050725_2_bg.jpg

As I said above, it comes out in the U.S. on Nov. 1, not Nov. 8.

www.starwars.com/episode-...50725.html

Oh, and yes I do think the cover art is as bad as the other 5 DVD's. :puke

I hate how companies feel that "Big Head Syndrome" is the best way to market the stars of a movie on a DVD cover.

Back