Episode II Obi Wan - Image Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
For those that haven't been lazy like me, is the Kamino dart decent looking?

I think it's fine, though I don't know if the red at the tip is suppozed to be blood or part of the dart, it seems a little out of place but it's minute.

11.jpg

Here's my take on the dart. For what it is, it's nicely done, but it's up to each collector whether you care about having that item, just know if you do want it you should be happy with what you get.

Does anyone have a comparison of the Hasbro Jango dart and the SSC version?

I'm sure the Hasbro version is much larger.

Not to hate on Maulfan but really dude, I've always backed what you say and love your photos but not on this. You have been way to negative on this figure and honestly I think you have been turning people off on him. He looks great and while we have a difference of opinions, me being I look at eyes more than beards I could care less about the beard if the eyes don't look good then the likeness isn't there and because this one is such a step up above cloneobi it looks more like Ewan Mcgregor and cloneobi just looks like the mayor from the dark knight. Like I said we have different opinions but I think your negativeness (if thats even a word) has turned people off from this figure even though its great! I'll be posting a review up on youtube in a couple of hours and people can make their decision.

I don't know if I'd say he or pix have been really negative. They both prefer their customs and if I spent the money putting it together I might too. Looking at my factory one I think its fine and changing it isn't needed at all. Its a good figure really. Mine is quite nice and painted very well.

If people really don't buy a figure because Sean, Pix, or myself like or don't like something then you probably didn't want it to start.

Got my Obi today and am pretty pleased with the paint. The moles aren't overly dark like some of the pictures looked like and look pretty natural. This photo was taken in natural sunlight.

obi.jpg

Pretty good beard that.

It looks like us over in the UK may have come off worse with the beard painting, than people in other countries, no?

Does anyone have a comparison of the Hasbro Jango dart and the SSC version?

I'm sure the Hasbro version is much larger.

Yup it's defanitly much larger. Also the red on the tip is there in the scene when he pulls it out of Zam's neck but not when he takes it to Dex so I asume it's blood.

IMG00071-20090403-2033.jpg

Acourding to this image it should actually be more bloody.

Saber-Dart_CVD.jpg

Last edited:
You know, alot of us stateside have noticed that the smell of paint on ours is a lot stronger than most figures. So I wonder if when SS received their shipment in california if they didn't do a second paint job on the beard. I know mine smelled fresher than most figures I have received.

I highly doubt that, Pix. SS doesn't have the facilities for doing that State-side. I have a feeling it went quickly from the factory's painting section to the packaging section and straight to the freighter...

I think they do need to provide a week or so for the paint apps to air out and dry some before packaging the items, be it figures or polystone. It will definitely help in keeping down any paint smears and such.

Yeah, plus they'd have to undo the packaging and reseal thousands of figures.

The beard on my Obi-Wan isn't so great. I really think we'll find AOTC Obi-Wan to be an inconsistent figure, some will have better beards than others, lighter moles, etc.

Probably so cause like I said on mine it looks really really well done. Haven't taken pics yet so I don't know how it translates to that.

Which is another important reason to not base decisions on other's perspectives.

Plenty of folks had bad things to say about Indy's paint, fortunately my hatted head was on the better side even though hatless was the worst the heads turned out.

For some reason, some figures still come out with very inconsistent paint apps accross the production run. Clone Obi-Wan, Hobbits and Gandalf all look consistent, but Indy and AOTC Obi-Wan seem to suffer from inconsistency. Hopefully those really counting on the quality of this head get the better end.

I still prefer the Clonobi head, but if I'd gotten and AOTC that looked like Natrix, my wording and reaction would have been significantly different when I got my AOTC figure than it was.

The venerable Jedi Master showed up north yesterday...
3412024571_195a1a081d_b.jpg

...and I don't want to be the wet blanket on the wet blankets in here, but I'm extremely pleased with this figure...

3412024539_03dde5d40b_o.jpg

I must have received one with decent paint apps...I think the hair, the beard and most especially, the eyes look really good for factory apps...

3412829734_4e9793f778_o.jpg

The Jedi outfit is among the best executed so far...the boots are the same soft-rubber material used recently on Captain Antilles and Commander Praji...allowing more flexibility and a nice shiny finish...even the soles feature treads, very nice.

Yes, he's on the buck and as far as I'm concerned, that's just fine. It was great to open a figure and have tight joints and have it stand unassisted. Plus, the shoulders are a little broader with the buck and fills out the Jedi outfit better. And shots don't show just how good the hair looks...just a little bit of varied tones there, but in hand it looks good.

The only issues I observed are minor....it's easy to see why folks (myself included) are getting bent saber blades...it's how the blade is in the packaging...a little too tight of a fit along the tray side is probably adding some warping in transit. And speaking of transit...I miss those styro caps...the box ended up with a smashed corner. And a reminder about these Jedi figures...use care when opening when it comes to the accessories...the Holo Projector on this one was actually under the robe on the bottom of the tray...that and the very tiny Kamino dart need a little extra attention as you open the tray...

But the figure itself is great. Along with some others in here, I'm a big Obi-Wan fan...and it's great to have a Sideshow figure of this version of the character be so well-rendered. I applaud those who are taking this figure and going the extra mile via body/head-swapping, repaints et al, but for the collector who just wants a decent version of Obi-Wan from AOTC that requires a minimum of futzing to look great on display, this is a good figure...

Now bring on the Episode One version and make our Obi-Wan collection complete, Sideshow! :D

Now bring on the Episode One version and make our Obi-Wan collection complete, Sideshow! :D

When Episode I Obi Wan does turn up, I hope he is on a buck.:)

If he is on a Pro, he might look out of place next to Maul and Qui Gon.

Last edited:
I'm just gonna wait till this guy hits the 50$ ish range and get em. Or maybe i'll just bite it and get clonobi.

You can get on the waitlist here, KALASH69...
https://www.sideshowtoy.com/?page_id=4489&sku=2173
...with the figure currently shipping, you have a great chance of scoring one. that's how I got mine....and welcome!

Havin' more fun with this figure...

Secrets Revealed...
3412813057_c97db402bb.jpg

Conference with an old friend...
3413618578_20d6375719.jpg

Treacherous Trail on Geonosis...
3413839094_707c29b4f3.jpg

Last edited:
^Thanks for the link! Awesome pictures by the way. The lighting on the first is just spectacular.

Back