Episode I Obi-Wan Kenobi

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

unsung hero

Super Freak
Reaction score
Still a WIP, but will be done later today most likely.

I had planned on sculpting a new head for this, but went back to something I had done a few years ago, which was a cast BBI head with sculpted hair. I had seen someone else do this and thought it looked great so I tried it and at first didn't like it, but revisited it this morning. I repainted it and decided that I liked it. It was cast in Alumilite flex-80 which worked pretty well. The body is a Sideshow Prometheus, Episode II Obi-Wan clothing with the tunic and tabbards dipped in RIT color remover. I still need to weather the boots and add four more food capsules to make it accurate.

DSCF0625.jpg

More pics later.

Looks good so far unsung... I'm thinking of doing one myself by giving ol' clonobi a shave! :D

So is the Alumilite Flex 80 the right bendiness for say... casting hands?

i'm currently working on this figure myself. i'll be using the Sunohc head sculpt. your's looks great. i plan on using mostly use EPII kenobi parts. how easy is it to lighten the clothes? is there any risks in using the color remover?

Looks good so far unsung... I'm thinking of doing one myself by giving ol' clonobi a shave! :D

So is the Alumilite Flex 80 the right bendiness for say... casting hands?

It could be, it's very temperamental. I would recommend using a pressure pot or vacuum chamber to make sure that you get rid of air bubbles.

i'm currently working on this figure myself. i'll be using the Sunohc head sculpt. your's looks great. i plan on using mostly use EPII kenobi parts. how easy is it to lighten the clothes? is there any risks in using the color remover?

To be completely honest, I first used bleach which left them with a yellow color. I then used the color remover which made it a perfect off white. I should have used the color remover first, but it did work out in the end. The color remover smells like the peroxide used to bleach hair, so I wold not leave it in there too long. Again, I had bleached it first, so I only left in in the RIT for about ten minutes tops.

I found a resin cast version of this head that I had done prior to the Flex-80. I could make another mold and do a small run of these if enough people are interested.

Here are a few shots without the robe.I used some fabric glue to tuck the sleeves under at the shoulder like they should be. Still need to weather the boots and add the last four food capsules.

obi_001.jpg

DSCF0642.jpg

DSCF0643.jpg

I don't think there was enough interest in doing a run of these heads, so I offered it up to those interested. If passed up, I'll offer it here.

Back