ep v Snowtrooper

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Now THAT would be the ultimate kick in the 'nads by Sideshow...to give us something as cool as the Eweb and make it from polystone...but then, I HAVE been kind of thinking that could easily happen with the Speeder Bike as well so...

hey, what was the PF Speeder Bike made from?

I can guarantee the E-Web cannon won't be made from plastic.

First off, there's just no precedent for it, even back in the day, they made the dejarik table from polystone. I'd imagine a Snowtrooper at $139.99 with a E-Web Cannon at $79.99.

The E-Web cannon will have some very fragile parts if made in 1:6 size. And if made of pulystone even worse...

A Snowie would be a no brainer for me....sold as soon as it appears....unlike the polystone slab that has just been offered!! Cannot believe people are drooling over it and the Stormie getting mauled??

I can guarantee the E-Web cannon won't be made from plastic.

First off, there's just no precedent for it, even back in the day, they made the dejarik table from polystone. I'd imagine a Snowtrooper at $139.99 with a E-Web Cannon at $79.99.

Yeah, but precedents aren't necessarily predictors of SS offerings, especially in light of their recent collaboration with HT to glean some of their skills. They are moving in new directions with packaging (think it was Yoda that had a bunch of ties holding things in the package?), with wrist joints (people had speculated that Figrin D'an's wrists in product reveal photos might just be due to the prototype, but they are the SAME wrists as Momaw Nadon - not sure I'm a fan of them...), so SS is trying new things, some works, some doesn't.

Having said that, I'm hoping the e-web is a mixed medium piece, made of plastic and metal. Polystone makes perfect sense for some pieces, such as Jabba's throne, Han in carbonite, the dejarik table. These are static pieces and the polystone gives more heft and a higher level of intricate detail. Even the Dewback, in it's conception as a fancy display base/companion piece for the deluxe sandie, makes perfect sense to me. But the e-web should be able to swivel from side to side, rotate up and down for extra poseability that will not only NOT detract from the clean look of the piece (as would be the case with the Dewback), but would actually be more accurate to the canon as seen in the film. I cannot imagine how delicate those support struts would be if made from polystone and I believe the cannon itself would be heavy and not balance correctly if it was made to pivot and swivel. These issues would all be remedied by a mix of metal and plastic parts. The metal would give it the "heft" of a quality collectible that would justify a higher end price, while the plastic would keep production and shipping costs down. Oh yeah, and it would make collectors ecstatically happy! :yess::clap:)

A Snowie would be a no brainer for me....sold as soon as it appears....unlike the polystone slab that has just been offered!! Cannot believe people are drooling over it and the Stormie getting mauled??

Wait...is this in reference to the PF Stormtrooper and Han in Carbonite thingies that have been announced? I don't collect those so I don't follow the threads very closely on em...my impression of them, though, is that the Stormtrooper, while cool himself, has a boring display base, while Han as Hershey bar just has a little more "wow" factor as a presentation piece. But what do I know, I collect dolls? :wink1:

I would think the closest item to the E-Web cannon that Sideshow have produced is the Sidious Mechno-chair.

A similiar material to that would be great.:)

I will be keen for 3 troopers. One manning the cannon, one fixing the box attached to the cannon and a third with a Blaster running along side.

Before thinking about the amount of snowtroopers I'd buy, I just wanna see a sort of light at the end of the tunnel.
Don't play with my emotions, SS! If this ain't happening any time soon, I'm gonna build some more on my own.

Plus:
SS might be better on exact helmet or armour sculpting, but I highly doubt they will top Hurricane's custom boots. They look frightening real!

Plus:
I am 100% sure it won't be one figure with two ranks and helmets (regular trooper & commander), as the commander has very different armour.
Did a full research on the commander as it is my actual project. He has another chest armour, uses stormtroooper Forearm armour, different gloves and boots and last but not least a completely different fabric suit.

So I say: It will end up in two figures. If any of them happens at all ...

Last edited:
I would think the closest item to the E-Web cannon that Sideshow have produced is the Sidious Mechno-chair.

A similiar material to that would be great.:)

You don't remember everyone kvetching about how terrible that thing was?? The legs were too soft and it was droopy. I remember people saying it should have been made out of polystone

You don't remember everyone kvetching about how terrible that thing was?? The legs were too soft and it was droopy. I remember people saying it should have been made out of polystone

I certainly don't remember this. I can't speak for anyone else, but mine was excellent. I never had an issue with the plastic bending, or loose joints.

Back