Enviro-stands Vs. Light up Sabers?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Would you prefer to buy Ignited Cathode sabers from Sideshow or Enviro-stands?

• Total voters
i dont think people would put their money where their mouth is. no way would a significant portion of the collecting community pay $70for a lightup saber. $100 for a figure is pushing it as is.

also, really I don't know the difference between a cathode and a cafeteria, but my dad was in Korea last year and brought back a handful of keychains the size of a quarter that had a built in LED that lit when you squeezed it and he said the hotel he stayed at were giving them away...so $70 for something like that seems a bit on the retarded side to me.

Ok.... I never said "ff the set price was $70"... I was using an ebay sale as an example. The point is they would be less than a polystone environment.

Hoy vey. :slap

:lol

I don't know about most of you, but I would much rather pay Sideshow $70 for an ignited 1:6 saber for specific characters than a polystone enviro-stand.

What do y'all think? Lightsabers as expansion packs or enviro-stands?

Sorry Pix, but it does sound like you're suggest 70 bucks as a price point. Maybe take out the dollar amount and that'll get people off that subject and focus on sabers vs. environment.

I'd prefer enviro stands over light up sabers, or even simple stand mods, like the Probe droid stand (which is very cool). The thing is, once you get past a simple stand mod, price is an issue. The new stuff coming out with the Indy figs is an example. Look at the cost of the idol chamber, Ark and 'fridge pieces, kinda spendy. The Ark and the fridge (+ figure) cost more than my Creature dio.

I loved the sand base covers offered with Maul's accessory pack. They're cheap and more effective than pricey generic polystone environments.

I don't care for either. Just give me a nice figure and regular stand. The other stuff would just raise the prices.

Sabers would be neat, but like on my PF Maul, they'd only rarely be used. Something like a polystone environment like Han's carbonite wall mount or Thrawn's chair are more value for the investment to me, no electricity to run them, don't have to switch anything on or off, just a permanent element that adds to the display that once you set it up, it's serving its purpose and it will do that 24/7. When they're unlit, cathode sabers would be useless and look oversized.

gotcha agree that its stands all the way for me- light up sabers look awesome in the shots i've seen but stands just represent a 24/7 appeal

I would just prefer simple stand covers by made like for the Sith Probe Droids. Sideshow could make several different ones and offer them up in say 5 packs where you chose which ones you want. That is a very realistic and cost effective way for them to offer up something different.

I would just prefer simple stand covers by made like for the Sith Probe Droids. Sideshow could make several different ones and offer them up in say 5 packs where you chose which ones you want. That is a very realistic and cost effective way for them to offer up something different.

I think that's a GREAT idea. They wouldn't even need to be official Star Wars products, which could cut the cost down.

I'll take 2 "Sand", 2 "Industrial" and 1 "Forest" please.

I think that's a GREAT idea. They wouldn't even need to be official Star Wars products, which could cut the cost down.

I'll take 2 "Sand", 2 "Industrial" and 1 "Forest" please.

Good ideas. I could go for that as well.

Back