Enterbay x Medicom Ultimate Unison ANH 1/6 Luke Skywalker

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm no Sideshow cheerleader, but this is crazy talk. It has better paint work, but the likeness looks nothing like Hamill to me. At least some of the Sideshow sculpts were recognizable as the actor.

It will still be interesting to see if the shared venture also translates to EB level paint work on the finished product. Medicom has shown prototype figures with better paint in the past (just like Sideshow does) only to have flat, basic paints be the final product.

I never expected to come into this thread and see people actually saying the sculpt looks like Luke. Are you guys serious?? Take a look at Mark Hamill circa 1976 and then look again at this. There is NO resemblance. They have similar hair. That's about it. This is definitely a great, life-like sculpt of some random guy, but definitely not Luke. Not even remotely close. And I'm not saying this because I'm "sick" of Luke figures or any such nonsense. I would have purchased this if the likeness was up to normal Enterbay standards. As it stands now, it's a decent attempt at a guy cosplaying as Luke at the last con I went to.

It's cool, I don't know if it's $299 cool. Not to me anyway. I would do $180, and that's myabe since I am happy with my $60 Bespin Sideshow luke. $150, I would probably buy.

True. I only say that because in terms of quality (paint apps, body durability, clothing), and realism, Medicom is definitely scraping the bottom of the barrel, particularly considering the cost.

Don't get me wrong, I understand where you are coming from--I'm a Kubrick fan--another Medicom line that is way over-priced and not very high in quality. :D

Its interesting that when I first started buying high-end figures Medicom really were the top of the heap. They were the most expensive, but also all around made the nicest quality figures.

What's funny is that they basically continued making figures the same way while others innovated and made changes. What you end up with is that Medicom figures from 10 years ago look good next to ones made last year. But HT figures from 10 years ago look like ____ compared to ones from last year :lol

That's true, and though that doesn't seem to make sense, it may make a kind of sense to folks in Asia who want uniformity in their collection.

You can't hardly pose a Hot Toys figure from several years ago with one released nowadays, for instance. But do that with a Medicom figure, and you would just assume they were released simultaneously.

Good, glad that post made sense :lol

I saw a cool shot of someones collection of about 30 Medicom figures on display and they all do look very nice together; and I think a big part of that is the stylistic similarity.

So I kind of figure that Medicom is giving their main fanbase what they want.

:lol Stylistic or not, I still think the sculpt could have been more of a Luke-A-Like... I've seen Medicom's Han Solo and thought, "Hey, that HS is pretty stylized looking." At the time I might even have called it "inaccurate." But now, after seeing this Luke sculpt, I've realized it does look like Ford as Solo; it retains his essence, even in its stylized form.

:lecture The same, however, in my opinion, cannot be said about Luke.

So sure, if you factor out the stylization that usually goes along with Medicom, the HS would certainly look different, but it's still a stylized version of some other guy (or woman.)

Last edited:
I'm just happy that a 1/6 scale company has finally cracked the lightsaber mystery without the use of wires, or bulky sabers! I mean I won't be buying it but this gives me hope that if HT gets the star wars license, we will have way more accurate figures as well as lightup sabers :D

I'm just happy that a 1/6 scale company has finally cracked the lightsaber mystery without the use of wires, or bulky sabers! I mean I won't be buying it but this gives me hope that if HT gets the star wars license, we will have way more accurate figures as well as lightup sabers :D

Yeah, the lightup saber looks pretty good but I wouldn't say they "cracked" it just yet... if you look at the pics we have, it only looks good lit up about halfway up the blade, then it seems to become much darker. So I'd say it still hasn't reached perfection yet.... But we're getting closer, at least.

I know but I think HT will nail it should they get the license. Perhaps they will just miniaturize what the FX sabers do (beam of LEDs throughout blade)

I just can't see paying that much for it since it doesn't look like Luke at all. :gah: Of course, the SS farmboy luke looks like Mic Jagger. Not that I could do a better job though!:lol

Back