Enterbay Kato: Re-tailored Uniform

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tinister

Super Freak
Reaction score
I posted this in the customs channel, but figure it should be here instead since it's not really a custom:

EB Kato is an awesome figure. Everything about it is a winner and I'm glad I got one - even though I probably paid too much.

Although the black chauffer uniform out of the box is excellent - I felt that it was slightly too loose fitting. You don't notice in action poses, but when standing neutral the pants especially is a little too baggy.

I'm sure this was intentional to allow for more poseability and there's usually production reasons why 1/6 clothing is usually slight oversized for the figure.

So I bought a spare suit and altered the uniform to be more tailored looking like in the tv show.

- Tapered the trunk of the jacket to have more of the characteristic "V" shape profile from the front. This also allowed the collar to be meet at the middle. In the show - the collar makes almost a complete ring around BL's neck - with the white rimming the top.

- The original suit had shoulder pads sewn into the shoulders. I added additional padding so that the shoulders are more defined (again in the characteristic look of these uniforms).

- Added a thin layer of padding on the back to maintain the "V" from the back profile and to flow with the new shoulder pads.

- In the show Kato wore two styles of pants depending on the scene. If the scene was just casual he wore pants that were more form fitting and slightly flared at the bottom. Very mod style of the lake 60s. If the scene involved physical shots - he were more loose fitting slack-like pants. The EB pants out of the box is more of the slack style. So I altered them to be the more mod style.

- I would never do this unless with a spare suit, but I mixed scotch guard with water and misted the suits. Then used an iron on medium to iron in creases in the arms of the suit and the pants.

I'm super happy with how it came out since poseability wasn't at all affected. The overall effect of the alterations creates wrinkes and stress lines in the fabric that wasn't evident in the original suit and makes for a more realistic scaled representation of the real suit.

Here are some pics:

Thanks Commtech! I'm really happy with it. I probably would not have done any of this if I didn't get a hold of the duplicate uniform.

Great! Makes an already awesome figure look EVEN better! Sigh! i wish someone here could be convinced to sell me one... :dunno

Thanks Axe. BTW: the uniform looks grey in the pics, but it's black. I had to crank up the brightness because the counter light on my camera wasn't working.

There's about 4 or 5 on eBay right now, but they're all in the 260USD and above range.

Very well done! I've been shopping for a Kato but paying 380 isn't happening atm :lol

Thanks!

I think this guy snuck up on people. Enterbay released it somewhat quietly. I heard about him after he was already on the market and then like an idiot I still didn't move on it.

Atm I will be using a spare outfit from the Chen Zen EB release on a Bruce body for my Bruce Kato.

Hopefully the price on him will come down a bit or a fellow Freak will sell me one for a good price in the future :D

There's one being parted out on eBay. He's got the HS with hat and mask for sale. But the seller is asking too much for them imo. And so no one's buying.

Back