Enterbay Game of Death 1/6 2010

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's amazing. He sent me some close-up photos of the stairway. It's like a photo of the set!

If you guys can drop over 300 clams on the GoD figure, you gotta get the custom dio for around the same money... you won't be able to be truly content with the EB dio when you know a thing of beauty like this exists. You couldn't make your own for that money - come on fellas, push the button! :lol

If you guys can drop over 300 clams on the GoD figure, you gotta get the custom dio for around the same money... you won't be able to be truly content with the EB dio when you know a thing of beauty like this exists. You couldn't make your own for that money - come on fellas, push the button! :lol

Lejuan speaks truth.

Also, the symbolism of the stairs is the most important part of Bruce Lee's vision for Game of Death (that and the bamboo).

They are far more important than any aesthetic thing like the yellow suit.

:thud::thud::thud:

I already pulled the trigger on it:lol Sending the deposit on Monday.

I'll figure out a way to incorporate the EB backdrop into it somehow.

Id rather have a part of the stairs (as in an upward part that I can place on the GoD Diorama) to show stairs leading down. I think Terminator Fan Game can do a half a stair to place on the floor of the Enterbay Dio to make it look like stairs going down. Itll cost less and also look cool in a small package... what say?

Lejuan speaks truth.

Also, the symbolism of the stairs is the most important part of Bruce Lee's vision for Game of Death (that and the bamboo).

They are far more important than any aesthetic thing like the yellow suit.

Yeah. People dig the yellow suit, but it was just a suit that he took off of one of the motorcyle assassins. My fiancee laughed when we were watching it on youtube the other night. She said "Just by coincidence the nunchaks are matching color with the suit".

Imagine if he took the green motorcycle gang's suit? Would the scen still be as iconic?

Id rather have a part of the stairs (as in an upward part that I can place on the GoD Diorama) to show stairs leading down. I think Terminator Fan Game can do a half a stair to place on the floor of the Enterbay Dio to make it look like stairs going down. Itll cost less and also look cool in a small package... what say?

That's a great idea!

Yeah. People dig the yellow suit, but it was just a suit that he took off of one of the motorcyle assassins. My fiancee laughed when we were watching it on youtube the other night. She said "Just by coincidence the nunchaks are matching color with the suit".

Imagine if he took the green motorcycle gang's suit? Would the scen still be as iconic?

I will forgive you referencing that 1978 abomination just this once :horror :lol

That had nothing to do with Lee and was only 11 minutes of real footage. They had no script notes and no idea what the footage was for so they made up their own version.

I was referring to Lee's original vision which was only half filmed at the time of his death in 1973. 40 minutes of footage and the script notes were found in the late 90s.

The original story was that he was a flamboyant retired fighter who gets blackmailed by a mob boss into breaking into a mysterious pagoda where supposedly the secret of enlightenment (or life and death) is kept at the top.

Here is the reconstructed footage that is 30+ of the real Bruce:
[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-8DM63Z5pTQ"]YouTube - ‪Bruce Lee - Game of Death (Full G.O.D-Footage from A Warrior`s Journey - FULL MOVIE)‬‏[/ame]

it comes in as Lee and his companions reach the 3rd level.

The figure you're buying represents Lee's unfinished vision of a movie, hence the inclusion of camera equipment, etc....

I've seen the 40min footage. It's on youtube as well. And I'm aware of the whole controversy with the theatrical release being nothing of what BL intended. I showed my fiancee the theatrical version to point out all of the scenes where it wasn't BL.

Then showed her the 40min version you're referencing. My point was that the way that they set up the whole plot with the motorcycle gang and BL putting on the suit was lame. That each member of this group of assassins would wear different colors is ridiculous. Power Rangers ridiculous.

I remember when I first saw the theatrical version when I was like 10 - I asked my brother why BL wore sunglasses all the time - even at night. My brother said "that's not BL." And I didn't get what he meant until years later.

I will forgive you referencing that 1978 abomination just this once :horror :lol

That had nothing to do with Lee and was only 11 minutes of real footage. They had no script notes and no idea what the footage was for so they made up their own version.

I was referring to Lee's original vision which was only half filmed at the time of his death in 1973. 40 minutes of footage and the script notes were found in the late 90s.

The original story was that he was a flamboyant retired fighter who gets blackmailed by a mob boss into breaking into a mysterious pagoda where supposedly the secret of enlightenment (or life and death) is kept at the top.

Here is the reconstructed footage that is 30+ of the real Bruce:
YouTube - ‪Bruce Lee - Game of Death (Full G.O.D-Footage from A Warrior`s Journey - FULL MOVIE)‬‏

it comes in as Lee and his companions reach the 3rd level.

The figure you're buying represents Lee's unfinished vision of a movie, hence the inclusion of camera equipment, etc....

I do know about the whole blackmailed fighter plot, but what was the significance of the yellow suit? What does it symbolize?

I do know about the whole blackmailed fighter plot, but what was the significance of the yellow suit? What does it symbolize?

well according to Linda Lee (who does like to white wash everything), they yellow suit symbolized the non-adherence to a mantra or style - no kung fu suit or karate gi, etc...

That's most likely partly true but seeing his original story notes I think its also that the character is meant to be a little bit cocky and wacky with his own personal sense of style who dresses a little strangely - in that way the suit is unique to this particular character and his funky dress sense :)

According the Linda Lee the jumpsuit symbolised his affiliation to no rigid school/figting style. No uniform, just something that did the job. Kept things comfortable and provided enought flexibility. The jumpsuit symbolised the philosophy of no style but your own and what you learn to adapt to...

The thing I noticed when we were watching the theatrical version - that I don't remember seeing when I was a kid; in the beginning they show quick scene of Kareem killing one of the guys that is with BL in the 40min footage. And they referenced that character as being a sports figure that got in trouble with the mob. I don't remember this at all. I'm guessing they tried to add it after the film notes were found - to please fans and pull the plot closer to BL vision? It doesn't work if that's what they intended.

I print a 1:6th scale poster of the movie of the BL figures I have and laminate it by placing it in between two pieces of plastic cut from clamshells of misc NECA/McFarlane figures and put the year of the films release too and put it on display with the figure. However with the Game of Death Im in a dilemma! should I go with the horrible theatrical release???? or just a yellow black game of Death style graphics on the poster with the year of its shooting and writing unfinished in brackets???... might seem trivial but Im a little OCD about organising and displaying my collection...

According the Linda Lee the jumpsuit symbolised his affiliation to no rigid school/figting style. No uniform, just something that did the job. Kept things comfortable and provided enought flexibility. The jumpsuit symbolised the philosophy of no style but your own and what you learn to adapt to...

This sounds really familiar. I think I must have seen the same interview with Linda Lee. The idea of that the suit is stripped down to basic form and function. Lean and gets the job done.

I print a 1:6th scale poster of the movie of the BL figures I have and laminate it by placing it in between two pieces of plastic cut from clamshells of misc NECA/McFarlane figures and put the year of the films release too and put it on display with the figure. However with the Game of Death Im in a dilemma! should I go with the horrible theatrical release???? or just a yellow black game of Death style graphics on the poster with the year of its shooting and writing unfinished in brackets???... might seem trivial but Im a little OCD about organising and displaying my collection...

Well there's supposed to be a poster version that was approved by BL himself that looks nothing like the theatrical poster. It's simply got a red background with four images of BL in the yellow suit across the front. I don't think it even says "Game of Death". Or at least it's there but very subtle.

Well there's supposed to be a poster version that was approved by BL himself that looks nothing like the theatrical poster. It's simply got a red background with four images of BL in the yellow suit across the front. I don't think it even says "Game of Death". Or at least it's there but very subtle.

Woah! didnt know that.. any pics? Or maybe Gung Fu can surely find out Im sure...

Woah! didnt know that.. any pics? Or maybe Gung Fu can surely find out Im sure...

Yeah. GungFu probably knows/has it. I remember someone sending me a link of it years ago and thought it was pretty cool and simplified. It definitely didn't look like your standard movie poster.

You could also just cut out the "Game of Death" title treatment from the poster and have just that. Leave out all the collage images of the bikers, etc.

Hmm I dunno how to Photoshop (let alone I dont even have it on my PC) Id rather try to look for the original Bruce approved. C'mon Gung Fu help me out :wave

Back