Enterbay Game of Death 1/6 2010

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ahhhh come here you big softie :1-1:

Too gay? :huh :lol No ____ :cool:

:lol:rotfl

Haha, thanks man, yeah, sorry, forgot to mention the major wad of $cash$ required! But honestly, even with the issues with the second headsculpt, the sheer amount of extras and the effort gone into this makes it worth the $$.

And if anyone from Enterbay want to use them, fine - feel free, they need to start getting some REAL pics out there.

Don't forget that these pictures will actual help Enterbay marketing this set in a very positive way anyways - both here on this forum, FB and anywhere else they might turn up ! (you might even consider putting your nick name on the future pictures....)

I find that message somewhat dismaying. I haven't inquired yet, but offering something exclusive to people who order later only discourages customers from ordering. Why not wait until they up the ante? This is an unusual approach to sales.

Rorywan, it looks like you got the out-of-the-box experience I missed. My box was split at both sides of the lid and the outer sleeve had a one-inch tear. Maybe customs did it? Anyway, beautiful presentation (yours to us, I mean), and congratulations on what looks like a perfect figure and two perfect heads.

Now, what are those pants? Was there another outfit?

I find that message somewhat dismaying. I haven't inquired yet, but offering something exclusive to people who order later only discourages customers from ordering. Why not wait until they up the ante? This is an unusual approach to sales.
sorry but I disagree..
Why don't do a good quality control check before to sell a so expensive product ?
and why don't give the third head to all the costumers.we have pay for a new move eyeball system too,where is now the new move eyeball system?

Ah, thanks GF. I'm sorry, but what's the camera holder? A display stand?

Actually it is a "Camera Stand"... Sorry for the mix up
smiley.gif

Here are a few pictures of it (attached under the camera):

191913oobj7bobjbnvjy0l.jpg

191914vurgrr2dvugerm43.jpg

191915bkatlnqq55lzwmqa.jpg

...and in case you missed this picture of the additional jeans and black t-shirt in an ealier post in this tread:

191918pbpplhsh0byzgh0d.jpg

Photo credit: zdtzdt

Thanks, GF. The stand is pictured in the instructions, and I wondered where it was.

Flavio, I think we have a language barrier. I agree with you completely. Improvements should be retroactive and include early buyers - especially when the improvements happen before anyone's order is shipped. And a safe delivery would be best of all.

I do wonder about the role of customs in the damage done to my box and the inner tray.

Well I was very worried about customs as well Gruff. I actually called them to discover they had opened it. They sounded like a pack of idiots. Luckily when it arrived I saw they had only opened the shipper.
I didn't really have any quality issues with mine. A couple of little things, but no more than the normal HT fixes.

Maybe the QC on the Expo versions was higher than what came afterwards?

What a freakin disaster.. this might bury enterbay, at this point with all the recalls and defects it will be very hard for them to make a profit.

The new pics... i dont mind what I see... still sub par to hot toys in paint and sculpt refinement. it looks a little plasticy. Nice likeness though.

I'll stick with Nokia... still think it's better overall... Just looks too sleepy.

:cuckoo: The smiling sculpt IS NOT sub par to the HT release in terms of paint and sculpt refinement.
Seriously guys try to be objective. I'm neither a HT fanboy nor an Enterbay obsessive.
I just like 1/6th collectibles.

There is so much blind hate going on here for Enterbay its become pointless to even discuss.

You.."don't mind" what you see?
Really?

Maybe my eyesight has failed me then.
:dunno

Gd3.jpg

bl3.jpg

Gd1.jpg

Last edited:
Naw the pic still doesn't convince me really.

Im not an Enterbay hater... I have a lot of their figures actually and do like them but I think Hot Toys passed them in production and Enterbay never really caught up those two pics confirm it for me.

While I think Enterbay's smiling sculpt it a little more proportional (always thought the HT Lee chin was too big) I think the Hot Toys one still has a crisper finish, more realistic paint job and more sculpting refinements.

EB's heads tend to have a plasticy feel and look to them. from the two pics you posted that looks to be the case.

Final product aside the quality control issues are just disturbing. It could have been a good figure, and if there was not Hot Toys ones to compare it to it would have been one of the better bruce lee figures (it still is a solid all around figure though, just not as good as it could have been).

Sent payment to Enterbay for the figure and shipping, hope to get the confirmation soon and then the waiting begins...

Naw the pic still doesn't convince me really.

Im not an Enterbay hater... I have a lot of their figures actually and do like them but I think Hot Toys passed them in production and Enterbay never really caught up those two pics confirm it for me.

While I think Enterbay's smiling sculpt it a little more proportional (always thought the HT Lee chin was too big) I think the Hot Toys one still has a crisper finish, more realistic paint job and more sculpting refinements.

EB's heads tend to have a plasticy feel and look to them. from the two pics you posted that looks to be the case.

Final product aside the quality control issues are just disturbing. It could have been a good figure, and if there was not Hot Toys ones to compare it to it would have been one of the better bruce lee figures (it still is a solid all around figure though, just not as good as it could have been).

Having both inhand, I couldn't disagree more.
I guess there is no accounting for personal taste.

But how anyone could think that smiling sculpt looks plasticy is beyond me. I actually thought it looked like silicon, it's so good. And the paint app is amazing on it.
But, whatever, each to their own.

just my 2 cents, but if every EB GoD parcels were as consistent and QC'ed correctly and received exactly like how Rorywan has them, then I'd have to honestly say hands down EB wins the battle over HT.

First thing I will say is that I completely get the high cost of this set now. There is just so much in the box. The wooden dio is beautiful.
It's engraved laser cut wood. With rice paper insets. Real, glued, sanded, varnished wood. The directors chair is wood, hinged real wood. There is a working usb studio light. etc etc. This is worth the cash in my opinion. Now the sculpt. I have gotten one with the Evision ball still in. It's not a great device to be honest, but i'm glad to have it now, as it is becoming collectible. I can see that I could take it out myself, very easily. Luckily my eyes seem fine though. I can see what Tinster was saying about the eyes shifting in transit, I think thats all the problem is, they are lose enough in the socket to fix easily, not worth sending back to enterbay unless its for the free head.
Regarding Ray and few other posters moaning about the lack of properly lit and shot pics, well guys that will come later I'm sure, anyone who has just received this has taken a few snaps quickly and posted them on here because everyone has asked them to. A bit ungracious if you ask me, would you rather no pics?

Anyhow, I have taken some quick phone pics myself. Sorry I have a life and kids, setting up the professional table top studio will have to come later. But here you go. This is the exclusive version so I got the extra gear, the jeans are pretty cool.

Yeah thats one of the things I said awhile back, I don't get the complaining about the price, sure Hot Toys are comparable in a lot of areas as a release such as this, and sure the HT Bruces are a lot cheaper, but this one you seem to get a TON of stuff. The dio, the chair, the camera, the WORKING USB LIGHT, the extra aesthetics such a the rice paper inserts, I haven't even gotten mine and I feel the price is where it needs to be. On a standard HT purchase, sure you get great quality as well but they don't come with a freaking COMPLETE DIORAMA SCENE, you're not overpaying for a 1:6 Bruce, you're paying for a 1:6 Bruce plus a fully functional base/dio which creates the atmosphere he's on the set filming, not just Bruce standing on a plastic stand.

I know this is a generalization, but I have found that SOME people will complain about a piece just because THEY cant afford it, so they find a reason to hate it. I'm no saint, I have found myself doing this in the past, wanting something but couldn't afford it so I found reasons to not like it. Again, just an observation.

All that aside, you guys are killing me with the photos, I hope Viking Playground gets their shipment soon, I CANNOT WAIT to get mine. Did ALL of these get recalled, or did some make it to retailers stateside?

Having both inhand, I couldn't disagree more.
I guess there is no accounting for personal taste.

But how anyone could think that smiling sculpt looks plasticy is beyond me. I actually thought it looked like silicon, it's so good. And the paint app is amazing on it.
But, whatever, each to their own.

I'm not saying you're wrong... i don't have them in hand to compare.. your pics are a tad washed out maybe that accounts for it.

is there any way you could post more side by side of the two heads under different lighting and exposures? Not trying to doubt you or saying you have to prove it to me but I'm honestly basing decisions if i should by this thing based off in-hand pics and I feel i've not seen enough convincing pictures to get me sold on this thing.

... sure Hot Toys are comparable in a lot of areas as a release such as this, and sure the HT Bruces are a lot cheaper, but this one you seem to get a TON of stuff. The dio, the chair, the camera, the WORKING USB LIGHT, the extra aesthetics such a the rice paper inserts...

... you're not overpaying for a 1:6 Bruce, you're paying for a 1:6 Bruce plus a fully functional base/dio which creates the atmosphere he's on the set filming, not just Bruce standing on a plastic stand...

I know this is a generalization, but I have found that SOME people will complain about a piece just because THEY cant afford it, so they find a reason to hate it.

I for one really agree with with a lot of you say here... For one thing, this is one of Enterbay's biggest bang for the buck for what you actually get...

Nice shots Rory! Coongrats as well on owning this figure! Turns out the smiling sculpt looks great though the BD HS is still subpar compare to the Beijing expo.

Thanks for the shots Rory, your made me even more excited about getting this. I know alot of people moan about EB but I still had to buy this. I've been looking forward to this since day one. Great reading about what you wrote about the diorama to, how it's actually made from wood ect, one thing I didn't like about the HT Bruce was the cheap diorama.

Back