Enterbay focusing too much on NBA

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They spent so much money on Upper Deck & NBA License do you think they will just stop with MJ?

I think the sure to be absolute failure of sales of things like Blake Griffin and Jeremy Lin (the guys not even the 4th best player on his team...) will make them reconsider this line. If they stuck to the real legends, Magic, Bird, Pippen, etc, while only focusing on the likes of Kobe, LBJ, or Duncan of the modern era, even if it were multiple figures of Kobe given his asian popularity, they'd have a stronger business plan.

but having said all of that, yes, they are too focused on this AND 1/4 scale stuff. Man do I miss the days of Scarface and Leon..

No interest in the NBA line but if they do the NFL I'll be licking my chops. Bring it on.

agreed. it's only a matter of time until a company picks that up. with how well the NBA line is doing, i'm pretty sure it'll happen sooner or later.

I think the sure to be absolute failure of sales of things like Blake Griffin and Jeremy Lin (the guys not even the 4th best player on his team...

This here. I had to look them up because I didn't know who they were and why a figure was being made for them.

Lol surely this is subjective? Surely Neca are concentrating too much on movie lines then? I want figures based on Coronation Street damn it!

:rotfl

It's great that Enterbay are broadening their horizons, both for the company and the fans.

My main complaint is when they announce upcoming projects, only to leave fans in the dark for well over a year. For example the 1:4 Robocop, Endoskeleton, Rocky...all yet to materialise.

enterbay-upcoming-hd-releases.jpg

You don't see them doing that with the NBA line, cranking them out like clockwork. The Facebook page since the start of the year has been essentially all NBA related.

I'm glad the NBA fans are getting what they want, I just don't dig Enterbay's marketing. They should at least hold off until a prototype is ready to be shown before making announcements that they fail to follow up on.

I'm over it anyway, the SSC Snake Plissken announcement dragged me out of my funk.

Last edited:
I remembered buying different series of McFarlene Spawn figures every other month until they jumped on NFL and NBA figures. Todd McFarlene was caught up with the sport figures that he eventually stopped making the comic figures. I hope Enterbay doesn't go this route.

The point is 1/4 cost more & takes more time to develop, while it's faster & cheaper to develop 1/6 & factories & companies have more experience with 1/6.

Kamen Rider is coming soon, so it's not like they totally ditched the 1/4 lines.

Of course, point?

I think the sure to be absolute failure of sales of things like Blake Griffin and Jeremy Lin (the guys not even the 4th best player on his team...) will make them reconsider this line. If they stuck to the real legends, Magic, Bird, Pippen, etc
Right on. Do a Stockton and Malone 2-pack, and it will sell like hot cakes. HOT CAKES, I TELLS YA!!!

The point is 1/4 cost more & takes more time to develop, while it's faster & cheaper to develop 1/6 & factories & companies have more experience with 1/6.

Kamen Rider is coming soon, so it's not like they totally ditched the 1/4 lines.

That's a fair point!

I'm not going to moan about it anymore, especially as there's plenty other companies out there to cover most interests.

I'm glad they're doing it. Sports has been too long ignored in this field and as others have said, I'd like to see them branch into other sports.

Back