Enterbay Facebook prevents freedom of speech

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

IndentTab

Freakalicious
Reaction score
There is a debate on Enterbay facebook regarding freedom of speech. The owner of Enterbay facebook removed people posts who against Enterbay and reasoned as these posts are not "constructive criticism". They even blocked these users to put more messages in their page (including myself). Recently many people are fed up about this. Please have a look and use your own judgment. Support what you think is right. Thanks.

Yeah I saw that. They should spend less time censoring opinions and more time getting their products refined and released.

There is a debate on Enterbay facebook regarding freedom of speech. The owner of Enterbay facebook removed people posts who against Enterbay and reasoned as these posts are not "constructive criticism". They even blocked these users to put more messages in their page (including myself). Recently many people are fed up about this. Please have a look and use your own judgment. Support what you think is right. Thanks.

Starting a whole thread for this is dumb. You've already posted this in both EB Lee threads already. Besides, it's their personal facebook page, not yours. Shady or not, they have every right to do with it what they want so long as it doesn't violate the user agreement. :huh

They are in China, no freedom of speech exists anyways.

Starting a whole thread for this is dumb. You've already posted this in both EB Lee threads already. Besides, it's their personal facebook page, not yours. Shady or not, they have every right to do with it what they want so long as it doesn't violate the user agreement. :huh

Sorry for duplicate posts.

Exactly what I was going to say. It's their page, they can do whatever they want on it including censor posters. To be fair though, I've seen the way fans express their opinions and I don't blame them. Fans more often than not come off as rude and entitled little _____es who are pissed because a product doesn't turn out they way they wanted.

Actually this is not the first day this is happened.

See this post:
https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?t=84470&page=91

User pchin has the same experience way back.

Today it just that people cannot stand anymore on this and eventually have a push back. They can remove messages in their site, but not other site. They can't stop people mouth and their mind.

So essentially, if I came barging in your house and screaming at the top of my lungs how much you suck, and you kick me out, you're violating my First Amendment rights? :cuckoo: Truth is, they have every right to do this. You're not entitled to have anything remain there. Create a "SAY NO TO ENTERBAY!" FB page and start posting hateful rants (just make sure you show proof of your claims and don't violate your user agreement). If they get that deleted, you have a better argument.

So essentially, if I came barging in your house and screaming at the top of my lungs how much you suck, and you kick me out, you're violating my First Amendment rights? :cuckoo: Truth is, they have every right to do this. You're not entitled to have anything remain there. Create a "SAY NO TO ENTERBAY!" FB page and start posting hateful rants (just make sure you show proof of your claims and don't violate your user agreement). If they get that deleted, you have a better argument.

Have to say this makes sense

Like how a few of our members have pointed out, they have every right to censor comments, it's their page.

And some comments are just bad/rude, almost like Enterbay killed their entire family or something.

Did this really need it's own thread?

I saw what was posted on their facebook page,i understand why posts were deleted.
Alot of immature and insulting posts.

I'm all for freedom of speech, but I would've deleted the hell out of a lot of those posts too. Arbitrary banning I don't support, but a line had to be drawn somewhere. A lot of people were not calibrating their comments in a reasonable or constructive way - why should EB put up with their page turning into a frenzy of abuse? I don't think EB were responding to the criticism of their product per se so much as the tone and character of much of that criticism.

I'm all for freedom of speech, but I would've deleted the hell out of a lot of those posts too. Arbitrary banning I don't support, but a line had to be drawn somewhere. A lot of people were not calibrating their comments in a reasonable or constructive way - why should EB put up with their page turning into a frenzy of abuse? I don't think EB were responding to the criticism of their product per se so much as the tone and character of much of that criticism.

:lecture:goodpost:
Word!

Freedom of speech is a right that is secured against government censorship. It has nothing to do with a private entity refusing to provide a soapbox for people to badmouth them.

People being arrested for voicing an opinion is a violation of the right to free speech. People being prevented from posting on a public forum for voicing an opinion is not.

[CENSORED] of [CENSORED] is a right that is [CENSORED] against [CENSORED] censorship. It has [CENSORED] to do with a [CENSORED] entity refusing to [CENSORED] a [CENSORED] for people to [CENSORED] them.

People being [CENSORED] for [CENSORED] an [CENSORED] is a [CENSORED] of the right to free [CENSORED]. People being [CENSORED] from [CENSORED] on a public forum for [CENSORED] an [CENSORED] is not.

Fixed. :lecture

Well since the Enterbay FB page is run by a member who posts frequently here why don't you just ask him directly?

pfffft...they're toys. why do people get so bent out of shape over them? honestly, i read through this board everyday just to laugh my ass off at all the over critical "fanboys" who are ready to pop a blood vessel over trivial things like number of eyebrow hairs.

seriously, go upstairs, tell your parents you're going out, tell them "no really, i am" when they look at you in shock, and then go outside and get some fresh air. it will be kinda bright at first but your eyes will adjust after a short while. oh, and don't get scared of those long-haired people with all the curves. they're called women.

pfffft...they're toys. why do people get so bent out of shape over them? honestly, i read through this board everyday just to laugh my ass off at all the over critical "fanboys" who are ready to pop a blood vessel over trivial things like number of eyebrow hairs.

seriously, go upstairs, tell your parents you're going out, tell them "no really, i am" when they look at you in shock, and then go outside and get some fresh air. it will be kinda bright at first but your eyes will adjust after a short while. oh, and don't get scared of those long-haired people with all the curves. they're called women.

:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl
:lecture

:lecture::rotfl:lecture:rotfl:lecture :exactly::goodpost:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back