Enterbay: Django Unchained

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Did I read that someone has spoken to Bill? Can we get him to sell the headsculpts here? or with his permission get it re-casted from the original for sale? We can get the outfits made...

58630627-lol-reaction.gif

I think I remember writing to Bill some time ago, low balling him an offer of I think $2000 for the prototype 'Game Of Death' figure.

No response :lol

I think I remember writing to Bill some time ago, low balling him an offer of I think $2000 for the prototype 'Game Of Death' figure.

No response :lol

:lol:lol
and what did you expect Larry?..

sorry lej I steal your gif

58630627-lol-reaction.gif

Last edited:
It says that none of Tarantino's past films have been approved for screening in China and so I don't think there's any significance in Django possibly having problems.

It says that none of Tarantino's past films have been approved for screening in China and so I don't think there's any significance in Django possibly having problems.

I think the significance is that all this talk about these figures only being sold in China is moot because they wont even be able see the movie.

I think the significance is that all this talk about these figures only being sold in China is moot because they wont even be able see the movie.

If that article is correct than Inglourious Basterds never screened there either and yet HT released figures there. From that article you'd have to figure a good percentage of films (that have had figures) aren't being released in China. Plus, when people talk about the figures only being released in China (which I'm not commenting on), they're not talking about it being only available in China and nowhere else, restricted absolutely to people in China. They're talking rather about it not being carried by official distributors outside China, which doesn't stop a figure from being available around the world. Many toys released don't have international distributors and yet it's no trouble getting them anywhere in the world.

China has always had high censorship in movies. Also, every year (if i remember correctly), only about 30 American Hollywood movies are to be shown in theaters in China.

HOWEVER, that doesn't mean that audiences in China don't get to watch it anyways. 60% of all DVD stores in China all sell pirated DVDs anyways. If it dosen't hit theaters, people that want to see it are still going to see it. In fact, for alot of movies, the pirated DVD comes out even before the official theatrical release. So, just because it doesn't hit the theaters doesn't mean they don't get to see it.

Also, just to make it clear, Hong Kong does not apply in this case. Hong Kong has different regulationtions regarding movies and media (being Westernized and all from British rule). Django was shown in Hong Kong about 2 weeks after the American release, around mid Janurary. I know cause i was there opening day, and loved every minute of it.

With that said, Hong Kong of course has no problems with the movie. China, although they have high censorship (they cant even log onto facebook or youtube, poor blokes), but they dont really give a crap about figures or toys or the sort (or what movie they are from), unless its a rotting zombie figure or sth like that. If it makes money, they'll find a way to produce it and distribute it.

Still crossing my fingers for Django and the King !!!

Well... I guess it saves me some money then...

Really wanted a Dicaprio fig... another Waltz doesn't hurt either.

That's a heartbreaker.

Here's to hoping those headsculpts find themselves leaked somewhere. Maybe Bill can throw them out in a fit of anger... at someone like iminime's open window? :)

100% WON'T be released anywhere.

Heartbreaking Nail in the Coffin news..... :monkey2:monkey2

Breaker... i've been waiting for an Enterbay RM-6, RM-6.2 (with Random bearded middle aged man), and RM-6.3 (Afraican American) bodies to be announced one day... with Wadrobe 17, 18, and 19 Western Themed attire :wink1::wink1: (any chance we can plant that seed into their idea box?)

Back