Enterbay Bruce Lee GOD Final Prototype

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Congratulations sunohc. Yes, pre-orders selling out is the norm for Sideshow items. Particularly Star Wars items. They can be sold out within minutes, frying servers. I am glad not to have had to go through that sort of frenzy, regularly. It's mostly a yearly thing for me, when ordering SDCC exclusives from Sideshow.

I know how it is DarthShader, I wasn't going to take the risk and wait till next week to get my pay. I hope you are able to secure your 1/6 PF Bruce. I think the edition size of 3500 isn't all that much for a figure that has had alot of badly sculpted renditions in the past. I really think it will sell out fast. If it doesn't it is because it hasn't been market well enough, due to Enterbay being such a new company, relatively, and not having a customer relations base to work from, such as a newsletter, would bring them in the future.

I'm toying with the idea of pre-ordering one of these. The sculpt is great... it will be interesting to see what the production piece will look like. Oh, so tempting.

Creecher:
My only doubt that it won't be sold out so quickly is that this is mainly an "online opprotunity" and the majority of the Bruce Lee enthutiasts and kung fu movie fans aren't gonna be browsing the 1/6 forums, LOL.
So they'll probably find out through eBay, or local retail stores, which I imagine is long after preorders :D
But then, after then first run, then we'll see the dang rush hours >.>

NSFolsom:

read this post, about what enterbay's gonna do with the production :D

From Enterbay:
"It is our secret weapon.

For Factory production, yes, it is painted by factory, but we will
teach the factory how we wanted it to be painted. And the paint
instructor is JC Hong and Arnie and myself, JC Hong and Arnie will
exclusivly offer thier secret painting Know-how skill to ENTERBAY
ONLY. And we will apply it to the factory paint job.

Of course, it is an Know-how paint skill from those master, and the
factory just do what they will teach, the fact is that, factory
skillfull painter is not JC or Arnie, there will still be a slight
different , but collector could get the figure that 's the Skill which
are using by JC and Arnie.

I am not trying to pull up the collector's expection, but just to let
them know why it cost $300 US and not $150. The diorama is all made
by wood, and well construction and designed , not just a cheap Flip
window box. We assume teh final packaging will be somewhere around
2.5 to 3 kg.(The minimum) "

and this:

From Enterbay:

Thank you for much for your concern and your suggestion.
As we do not want to change the body in any parts at this moment, but
we will gather all the positive point and negative points from
collectors, and will upgrade the body in our next Bruce Lee body
"BL-2".

The latest prototype was painted by Arnie and JC Hong, expecially JC
Hong handled the face paint job. That is true. I instructed JC Hong
NOT to do a perfect paint job on the prototype as he always do, as the
factory is not able to do the same paint job as JC Hong , do you
understand what I mean? The latest prototype paint job is the level
that the factory are able to do it at the minimum. and the factory
will apply a very light gloosy clear on the face and body to give it a
life skin tone and texture.

and the previous Concept prototype you saw are great because Arnie did
a lot of work through photoshop software , that"s why the color look
so great.

Before we send the prototype for moulding, We did one more final tune
for the master sculpt, therefore, it will be much better than the
latest prototype you saw on web now. The eye and the hair size.

One more secret, those latest proto images are all taken 10 days ago
in a hotel at San diego before we attend the comic-con. All images are
taken at the critical lighting condition in a hotel. not a
professional Studios lighting. Me and Arnie considered it as a Snap
shot photo only. At early Septemer, we will renew the GOD website
again with the professional images for the final product.

Next, I understand that there are lot of people talking about the high
pricing ...etc, but they will never know the different between our
figure and sideshow or medicom toys figure. and how much work we had
input during development to reach this price tag, like the body, head
construction, detail accessories and a wooden diorama.. We beleive
there are collectors who love the true quality of figure. Please
understand that it is not a toys but a Art item.

I find it all very interesting to watch. I wasn't aware of Sideshow in their early days, though, watching their expansion has been interesting also. I think Enterbay has a legitimate place in the 1/6 world, where others are falling by the wayside, oversaturating the market, or just trying to follow Sideshows lead but not quite making it.

I wish them every success. I think they are off to a promising start. Looking at their community posts, it looks like the site went up around April. There is an order to follow, governed by Enterbays own personal circumstances and goals. I hope they manage to find their way through the pot holes and past the speed humps. The net is definitely the way to go, and that is the reason that I think it will sell out quickly. The online word spreads fast. The prototypes were being posted about months ago and generating much interest across the globe. The fact that Lee enthusiasts and movie fans don't know about it makes little difference. They aren't particularly 1/6 figure buyers either. This is something that may bring them into the fold of 1/6 collecting. Of course, Enterbay should present their Lee figures to the martial arts arena, though more than likely they will baulk even more at the price, and will only buy one if they have that expendible income, whereas 1/6 collectors allow for it. It's all fairly logical, and Enterbay will grasp the opportunities that arise as the priorities at the time allow.

i really would get one of these now, but i think u'll be able to find one quite a bit cheaper on ebay after they are released.

or for more >.>
like with the sideshow toys.... >.>
I can't get that one Nazi Koreren figure caz it goes for over $100 on eBay... >.>

I think it's well worth the money. Wasn't going to risk ebay. 3500 PF quality 1/6 figs aren't bought to sell on ebay, except by scalpers looking to profit. The ordinary collector isnt going to buy this and sell it unless divorce threatens or they fall behind with the mortgage, type situation.

I don't really want to add to any frenzy. Enterbay are new, and so sales may be slow initially. There may be plenty of time, and how do you know how well they are selling? Oh I finally have the pre-order link showing. Whatever it was is fixed.

Oh geez, I better clear the air with my real estate agent. The rent has got to be paid.

Well, at least I will not be the only one buying one of these! I am not an ordinary collector, but a huge Bruce Lee fan and long time martial artist. (This Freak has a life Sized Bruce in the living room) My first encounter with the pics of this piece were through SDCC, and this was the only forum I could find that had any info on it. This subject is what brought me to this message board, when I am mostly a Star Wars collector.:dunno
So ordering is a must, but I need to make room in the budget. (The PF Leia was shipping this to me week, so SSC was at my wallet already.) I am very hopeful they will last through the weekend, I've got to have one of these.

A work of Art I do not mind paying a little more for, there are not a lot of quality Bruce Lee collectibles out there. Plus, the articulation offers many different display options. I have an acrylic case ready for Master Lee.:D

But there are several more on tap for this line, I understand? So broke, I will be....

How do you know what size case you need DarthShader? I mean this thing comes with its own diorama and perhaps, even the plaque.

You should be able to get this next week by the sounds of it. I hope so, seeing you are such a fan. What discipline if the martial arts do you practise, if I may ask?

Alot of the information here, came from elsewhere, so it is out there. Some guys know where to find it, don't they? Don't know where. I mustn't be that good at surfing.

I think he saw it at SDCC< so it'd be an easy way to estimate.

I'm so excited ;D hahahaha

a lifesize bruce lee? or the 3 foot one? that looks nothing like bruce >.> lOL

Creecher,
I have an assortment of acrylic display cases put aside for future SideShow premium format figures, so I should have one that will fit Bruce with the dio. If that doesn't work, I have an enclosed entertainment center that will have a spot for Mr Lee.
sunohc,
The lifesize Bruce is the actual size, but the likeness is horrible. Keeping it until something better comes along. Got a great deal on him, so no complaints! He has scared the crap out of many a guest, so good times!:rotfl I may end up selling him to fund this new collection.

As for martial arts, I have trained since 84. Started as a traditional Chinese Kung Fu student, my first Sifu is Master Chan Pui. I don't want to derail the thread, my list of styles studied gets a little long. Have been blessed to train with many great martial artists, including Guro Dan Inosanto.

So I would adore a martial arts series if Enterbay goes that route. :D

I ordered one,but waiting for some sort of confirmation/receipt?.

I have met Mr Insanto too,along with Bruce`s brother Robert back in the late 70`s.:cool:

Haven't had anything either Dassy. I think the PayPal receipt is sufficient for now. At least it has a transaction ID, who it is to, and what it is for.

creecher said:
Haven't had anything either Dassy. I think the PayPal receipt is sufficient for now. At least it has a transaction ID, who it is to, and what it is for.

True,I am sure we will eventually.

Creech,
Got an email,saying Payment was okay,shipping Free.

Great.:cool:

the real hair one :D
I bet it'll be easy to do yourself since the hair piece is removable :D
just construct a nice wig, and voala hahaha
But really, its not like you have to shave away anything. You could should lay a layer over the top without the hairpiece and had a patch of fur here and there.
but lets hope they make the ETD damaged version :D:D::D

The EtD will be made. They have the pics, and they've announced the line. I think and hope it will be made much later in the piece. I need to recover financially. I wouldn't attempt making my own rooted hair piece and ruin a piece of art. I will look on with anticipation, to see how Enterbay progress. I think diorama's have been an opportunity Sideshow have not pursued adequately. The bases and walls seem to fly off the shelves fast enough.

DShader, you have it going on. Prepared for every situation I see.

Dassy, thanks for the word. Haven't got an email yet, but it's good to know one is on the way.

Back