Emperor Premium Format

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
o and by the way, those comparing this with the 1:6 palpy, i'm tellling you this blows that away. and yes, i have them both (excl) to compare :wink1:

Absolutely!:lecture:exactly::good post:

It's in a different league.

And I own both too.

Anyone have both of these? SS is sold out of the ex (I try buying one back in Dec) they only have the one without the extra bad face/hands. Is he worth it? The non-ex one that is?

o and by the way, those comparing this with the 1:6 palpy, i'm tellling you this blows that away. and yes, i have them both (excl) to compare :wink1:

Absolutely!:lecture:exactly::good post:

It's in a different league.

And I own both too.

You guys are killing me here. The Emperor is my favorite Star Wars character but I decided to pass on the PF because of the issues with the clasp choking him and the throne not being wide enough.

I got the 1/6 figure and throne on sale with free shipping last year and figured I'd be content with those instead but now I'm having second thoughts.

You guys are killing me here. The Emperor is my favorite Star Wars character but I decided to pass on the PF because of the issues with the clasp choking him and the throne not being wide enough.

I got the 1/6 figure and throne on sale with free shipping last year and figured I'd be content with those instead but now I'm having second thoughts.

Hey mate,

If you look at my earlier photos you can adjust the clasp to look good, but as far a sculpt, presence and intensity goes, the PF is unbelievable.

The 1/6 looks like a toy in comparison.

BTW: I wasn't going to get the PF either because I had the 1/6, but once I saw one...H-O-L-Y crap are they good!

Last edited:
Hey mate,

If you look at my earlier photos you can adjust the clasp to look good, but as far a sculpt, presence and intensity goes the PF is unbelievable.

The 1/6 looks like a toy in comparison.

BTW: I wasn't going to get the PF either because I had the 1/6, but once I saw one...H-O-L-Y crap are they good!

:goodpost: exactly. As a matter of fact, I'm considering selling my 1:6 exclusive to fund other POs. Once you make the necessary 'adjusting', that's where you will realize the commanding presence of palpy sitting in his throne.

:goodpost: exactly. As a matter of fact, I'm considering selling my 1:6 exclusive to fund other POs. Once you make the necessary 'adjusting', that's where you will realize the commanding presence of palpy sitting in his throne.

Agreed.

I've had numerous people come over to my place and NOT ONE ever mentioned how nice the 1/6 was - whereas EVERYONE who comes over now is instantly gravitated to the PF for some reason.

Both have great viewing placement, and neither are standing on their own like a show piece, but again people are drawn to the PF and always comment on how cool it is.

Agreed.

I've had numerous people come over to my place and NOT ONE ever mentioned how nice the 1/6 was - whereas EVERYONE who comes over now is instantly gravitated to the PF for some reason.

Both have great viewing placement, and neither are standing on their own like a show piece, but again people are drawn to the PF and always comment on how cool it is.

Thats the true test! I am always very fascinated to see what people outside the hobby drift towards.

Thats the true test! I am always very fascinated to see what people outside the hobby drift towards.

The people outside the hobby will always go towards the bigger items. When I didn't have so much 1:1 stuff, they liked the MR AT-AT, the Sideshow & HCG Endo busts, Code 3 ships and various 1:6 figs and statues. But once the SS Vader bust arrived, they liked that more than others. Also when I got the helmets and the 1:1 Stormie, everything scaled, was less of importance to them (to me too LOL).

Sideshow really did this piece a disservice with their prototype photos. Like many have said with a little styling this piece is a true center piece.

I've had many people over my place and this is the first or second piece they drift too. Much of that's due to their familiarity with Star Wars but a lot of it has to do with how eye catching it is.

The exclusive is the way to go with this piece too in my opinion.

I'm returning my pf ex tomorrow to side show wasn't really impressed with it maybe because the paint job on the throne looks foggy IMO. Anyone else with same issues?

Sideshow really did this piece a disservice with their prototype photos. Like many have said with a little styling this piece is a true center piece.

I've had many people over my place and this is the first or second piece they drift too. Much of that's due to their familiarity with Star Wars but a lot of it has to do with how eye catching it is.

The exclusive is the way to go with this piece too in my opinion.

Agreed. It was a shocker.:slap

The post count is pretty average for a Star Wars PF :dunno
Since SS didn't ____ it up and there wasn't a lot of breakage there wasn't the pissing and moaning that has gone on in other threads.

Said it before, I'll say it again (as someone who was NEVER going to purchase this in the first place) it's an awesome, striking piece.

The proto looked like balls so I had ZERO interest. Then when it shipped and I saw photo's...I was sold. BUT, those photos don't even begin so explain how commanding this piece is in real life.

Last edited:
Back