Emperor Premium Format

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If you know something about photography, you would not say this nonsense. Sorry. :dunno

If you know something about photography, you would not say this nonsense. Sorry. :dunno

I'm sure you would take spectacular photos in the Sideshow Showcase, where their employees would personally let you, the king of photography himself, to pose your camera and lights as you wish. Let's be serious, and maybe a bit less arrogant please. :wave

Flash doesn't make eyes drift off center. :lol

:exactly: The sculpt and paint apps are bad. No excuse with flash or other photo gimmicks. Sorry :dunno

Pic by Michael Crawford
https://www.mwctoys.com/sdcc2011/sdcc2011_sideshow_starwars_bottom.htm

sdcc2011_sideshow_starwars_2.jpg

LOL.. yes the regular face looks like he just said "oops, Vader I must go to the anti-chamber and change my undies"!

I remain disappointed with the quality/choice of fabric for his robes. I think this one will be available for quite some time.

I just cancelled mine (bye, bye NRD) I have room for two more Star Wars pf's and I am completely blown away by the the plans for the upcoming C3PO and R2D2 (who are more iconic also). Plus the pictures from SDCC was not that impressive.

maybe I can pick up the 12 inch later instead

Although I have not seen this PF first hand, I'm completely underwhelmed by the photos.. what SHOULD have been the PF to own in the SW line, looks very eh.. The face sculpt dose not have the creep factor ... he looks more like he just made #2 in his pants. I don't feek the dark side or the evil attitude from this at all....:(

I decided to just get the 1/6 instead. I'm hoping they'll make a Legendary Scale Figure though.

I'm still going to wait for more in-hand pics before making a decision. Luckily, I passed on pre-ordering it so I'm confident I can find the regular from one of the forum vendors.

I am totally disappointed with the turn out on this piece and I too am glad I didn't PO this one. This was one of my most anticipated pieces of the year and after seeing the recent photos I will hold out a little longer.

I cancelled my PO. Not impressed with the pics from SDCC. Not worth the cost when so many other great items are coming up.

I don't want to cancel and lose my deposit. But if this is coming next month, I might have to. The good news is that it didn't sell out, and I'm sure it will eventually be gift card eligible and I'll get that fifty bucks back that way if I decide to purchase after seeing more pictures.

I'm a little worried about how stiff his clothing looks. I'd like his robe to hang and flow a little more freely.

This piece seems to have fallen short of expectations to say the least. A high profile character like this and the PF seems so unimaginative that it leaves you questioning the choice of a throne. I know is an old guy in a chair wearing a black robe but something just didn't click in the "wow" department.

Not the Doom PF a lot of SW PF collectors were expecting...

I was eyeing this but decided to save up for Vader and Darth Maul CSF instead.

Yeah I'm with you on that Fuzzy I think I'm doing the same thing. I was really looking forward to this piece and now with the LSF line I decided against it. :hi5:

Back