Emma Frost Hellfire Club Premium Format Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was supposed to get early processing on Friday but still haven't been charged. Guess I'll give it until tomorrow and then contact SS if they still haven't done it.

Ok fellow freaks. She's here and she's perfect. WOW! What a sexy minx this Emma is. Took her out of the box and checked on her portraits first because of the fear I might get a googly eyed portrait (or 2). Her eyes are perfect on both portraits. What a relief it was to see that. I took the base out next and it also looked great. Finally the body (oh, that body) and the paint apps were looking sweet. Now I just had to put her together.

Well, it seems that her foot didn't want to go in the base all the way. So, I cleaned out the hole and applied a little force and in it went. Glad to see that problem averted. Now for the portraits. Put in the EX portrait and it went in perfectly. No problems. However, I like the REG portrait more and I'll be displaying her with it. So, time to put the REG head on. And...it doesn't want to go in. I mean at all. I can get the metal post to the hole but it seems that the square peg can't pass through the slot in her neck. It won't go in at all. Man, I DO NOT want to contact SSC CS for this. Both portraits are excellent (along with the rest of the statue) so I don't want to risk a replacement piece that can arrive with googly eyes (or worse). Time to go to work. I start applying a little pressure to the post. I figure if it moves just a little it may allow me to use a little force to set the portrait. After some give and take with it...SUCCESS! The portrait is all the way on and looks great. I've had this problem before with a few piece (from multiple companies). I've found that if you get the pieces to go together, over time, the parts that didn't fit well, now work pretty well together. I guess when pieces are forced into position over a period of time, they tend to bend into their proper place and become manageable. Either way, Emma is all put together now and looks GORGEOUS. However, I'll give it some time before I swap out portraits any time soon. :lol

Wow great news! If this comes good then ss has surely got a new management QC team! This will be like 5 or more in a row if this comes good for me.

Ok fellow freaks. She's here and she's perfect. WOW! What a sexy minx this Emma is. Took her out of the box and checked on her portraits first because of the fear I might get a googly eyed portrait (or 2). Her eyes are perfect on both portraits. What a relief it was to see that. I took the base out next and it also looked great. Finally the body (oh, that body) and the paint apps were looking sweet. Now I just had to put her together.

Well, it seems that her foot didn't want to go in the base all the way. So, I cleaned out the hole and applied a little force and in it went. Glad to see that problem averted. Now for the portraits. Put in the EX portrait and it went in perfectly. No problems. However, I like the REG portrait more and I'll be displaying her with it. So, time to put the REG head on. And...it doesn't want to go in. I mean at all. I can get the metal post to the hole but it seems that the square peg can't pass through the slot in her neck. It won't go in at all. Man, I DO NOT want to contact SSC CS for this. Both portraits are excellent (along with the rest of the statue) so I don't want to risk a replacement piece that can arrive with googly eyes (or worse). Time to go to work. I start applying a little pressure to the post. I figure if it moves just a little it may allow me to use a little force to set the portrait. After some give and take with it...SUCCESS! The portrait is all the way on and looks great. I've had this problem before with a few piece (from multiple companies). I've found that if you get the pieces to go together, over time, the parts that didn't fit well, now work pretty well together. I guess when pieces are forced into position over a period of time, they tend to bend into their proper place and become manageable. Either way, Emma is all put together now and looks GORGEOUS. However, I'll give it some time before I swap out portraits any time soon. :lol

Glad that worked out man! I had the same issue with my regular head as well but ended up with a gap. I have replacement coming cuz my EX head had googly eyes and a chip on the base so hopefully I am as fortunate as you. She really does look great!

I have a query. As mentioned earlier my processing date got changed to the 20th of this month from the 4th. A couple days later I got an email saying she is eligible for early shipping, so would I kie to pay $19 and they can ship it right away.

My question is, is that an extra $19 on top of the final flexpay, or just a bad estimate of the final flexpay?

Thanks in advance

Sent from my C6903 using Tapatalk

Sounds like the perfect question for customer support because it sounds like it's on top of.. Which is crazy

That's what I thought, second tone ordering from sideshow, and thought others may have a better insight. Thanks for the response styleznma

Yeah i opted for the early processing as well which was to charge on Friday and hasn't.

Scaryguy im pretty sure the $19 is just a random estimate. My Jean Grey PF quoted the wrong price for early processing and charged me the correct amount on shipping. This time for Emma Frost they are quoting me $2 when i owe $100 plus. I wouldn't worry.

Im more concerned about delayed shipping and possible QC issues and having no replacement heads for googly eyes by the time i receive it.

Glad that worked out man! I had the same issue with my regular head as well but ended up with a gap. I have replacement coming cuz my EX head had googly eyes and a chip on the base so hopefully I am as fortunate as you. She really does look great!

Yeah, I could have easily had a gap as well. I just applied a lot of pressure and it finally slid into the socket completely. It looks like the REG portrait is a tight fit for everyone. Hope your replacement comes to you minty fresh and with straight eyes.

So spoke to CS and it was a mistake, should have been the final payment quote. So all sorted and she should be out in the next 24 hours, should hopefully have her early next week. Hooray!

I was really not expecting this EX to convert so quickly. Jumped on about a week ago. I haven't been so unsure about a piece in quite some time.

went on the waitlist for EX

if it converts, great

if not, oh well

White_Queen_animated.png

so the cartoon has Emma holding a wine glass, but God forbid a statue geared towards adult collectors depicts adult themes

I'm thinking maybe a full on repaint of portrait would change my disdain. Anyone see this at CON and did in hand production piece add more or less to your satisfaction?

I have every other X-MEN piece, so... I might regret not getting this one.. or this might be another Spider-Woman

Jean is back on the site, no longer waitlist.

I think the port delay may have caused a cascading effect with regards to shipments and allocations. Also China's economy is highly volatile right now and procurement has become more expensive.

Just got my EX. 622 of 1000. Yup, she's a sexy vixen alright :naughty Her eyes came out fine on both heads. No difficulties in putting her foot peg into the base. No difficulties in putting in either head. No significant gap from her neck to her shoulders. Here are some crappy cell phone pics on a late night.

2aeq980.jpg

She's quite tall compared to SS Black Widow
35jxrnq.jpg

EX head
25frreo.jpg

Regular head
k4uwsw.jpg

On to the culo
2igdo2v.jpg

2qd1tnb.jpg

21mhok9.jpg

2usu1qu.jpg

mmx5it.jpg

2u95qh0.jpg

2i6fo8j.jpg

The only thing that I can't seem to do that is difficult is to put her cape on and then try to put her head in. The fur lining seems too thick. Plus the strings to the cape were not tied. Not sure if it was supposed to be tied or not. Anyways, decided to display her with the long hair Regular Portrait head and no cape.

Happy camper here :clap

My Emma arrived this morning, all the way to Australia! Was so excited to finally have her here. I pre-ordered her within weeks of her being announced.
This is my first post here, I just HAD to show off her pictures, just for anyone who was on the fence about buying her. She is phenomenal looking!
tumblr_nsyekkpW4S1r86ysgo3_500.jpg
tumblr_nsyekkpW4S1r86ysgo4_250.jpg
tumblr_nsyekkpW4S1r86ysgo6_250.jpg
tumblr_nsyekkpW4S1r86ysgo5_250.jpg

and she looks so great on my shelves. I had to re-shuffle (luckily I have Ikea shelves that are adjustable) to fit her in, but I think she makes an impressive display.
tumblr_nsyekkpW4S1r86ysgo1_1280.jpg
tumblr_nsyekkpW4S1r86ysgo7_1280.jpg

Attachments

• tumblr_nsyekkpW4S1r86ysgo1_250.jpg
    tumblr_nsyekkpW4S1r86ysgo1_250.jpg
    32.4 KB · Views: 198
My Emma arrived this morning, all the way to Australia! Was so excited to finally have her here. I pre-ordered her within weeks of her being announced.
This is my first post here, I just HAD to show off her pictures, just for anyone who was on the fence about buying her. She is phenomenal looking!

and she looks so great on my shelves. I had to re-shuffle (luckily I have Ikea shelves that are adjustable) to fit her in, but I think she makes an impressive display.
View attachment 203315

Welcome to the forum.

This one is growing in Mr. Green but he must resist. Or else it becomes pure lust! PowerGirl is enough, hehe.

Is this going to be as hot as MS MARVEL PF? Or even hotter! Glad i got one...a reg nevertheless. Still waiting for ST to ring me up for collection. Anyone knows when will that be? Can't wait!

Back