Emma Frost Hellfire Club Premium Format Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Her head looks huge in the pics, hopefully it's just the angle.
Besides that the base is the ugliest thing I've ever seen. They really should have done something a little more creative

Not the best pics , from my iPhone. Her feet look awful and dumb

CAB9D2A4-3CD9-40D5-9954-AE2605E2A698_zpsmpb5bxj4.jpg

E5E35835-B37E-4093-BE73-62829FDAD49F_zpsrcacmdev.jpg

I still like the face. The corset looks good.

But 3 main things might make this a pass:

1. The poofy fronted weird looking hair. Why make up a hairstyle and not just sculpt the hairstyle she had in the comics?

2. Somebody please tell me what the thinking was for the platform boots? They look bad and throw off the whole look; expensive slut corset and cape but look down and there's cheap slut boots. It's like the top half is from a Victoria's Secret runway show but the boots were pulled from the Spice Girl's wardrobe rack back in the 90s.

3. The cmpletely uninspired base. It didn't have to be extremely fancy or anything like the XM Black Widow's base (although a base for Emma with that much thought would've helped this a lot). It could've been a base reminiscent of the floor in a Hellfire Club building. I guess they wanted the red for some color pop and contrast but it doesn't look good. A Gentle Giant clear base would've been better than the red and black H base if they wanted to keep it simple.

They literally should've just copied this...

Base should've been Italian marble flooring not cheesy H

EmmaFrostReg.jpg

This! Because 2 seconds before I came back in this thread I was just saying "Side Ho Collectibles" after seeing one of your pics with the "Sideshow Collectibles" banner in the background. Certainly fits what we have here.

Yup, instant PO for me. Emma, along with Batgirl, was a pleasant surprise for me last night at SDCC. Really loved the draping cape and how she's posed with it. Very sexy but not Vampirella style IMO...this will fly in my home:lol Bring on the PO!!!!

Really on the fence on this one….

Pros:

Her face looks stunning, great expression.
Corset is great, nicely detailed.
Cape is looking good.
I don't mind the hair to be honest it reminds me of the emma frost from the x-men films.
I like the pose, its the rubbish base and boots that make it look awkward.

Cons:

Everything from waist down is disappointing (No surprise Sideshow chose the preview pic that they did)

Legs look abnormally thin, cartoonish (Which was the big fail of the first emma frost)
Boots are awful should have been a stiletto heel not like someone else said the 6th member of the spice girls (I understand they probably were trying to go for a retro look with the boots but surely once they saw them they thought normal heels would look better)
Extremely disappointing base. No imagination, I understand the X and A bases (Paired or grouped together they look fine) but how many hell fire club PF are they going to release? A simple wooden floor would have helped this statue so much.

Anyone know if because this is only prototype they might change her lower half? Im leaning more on the side of not getting her which is really disappointing as she is one of my favourite marvel characters.

personally, the thin legs are a tad overstated IMO. I think she looked GREAT in person. I agree that the base isn't great but I think most will regret no POing once she sells out. I'm putting my stamp of approval on her, she was one of the few statues I saw last night that convinced me instantly to PO.

(No surprise Sideshow chose the preview pic that they did)

Statements like this make no sense to me. They can only tease so much of a piece, and it's not like people are not going to notice the remaining 75% of the statue once it's revealed. Do people really think that preview pic hype is what drives the statue's sales? It's meant to get your attention. That's it. It's not meant to hypnotize you into thinking that the rest of the piece is better than you really think it is. If Sideshow didn't think what they were offering was good, they wouldn't offer it.

Statements like this make no sense to me. They can only tease so much of a piece, and it's not like people are not going to notice the remaining 75% of the statue once it's revealed. Do people really think that preview pic hype is what drives the statue's sales? It's meant to get your attention. That's it. It's not meant to hypnotize you into thinking that the rest of the piece is better than you really think it is. If Sideshow didn't think what they were offering was good, they wouldn't offer it.

I get what your saying obviously it would have been difficult to show anything else as a preview pic. I never said anything about the preview pic being what drives a statues sales though. Like someone else said its like 1 person designed the top half and another the bottom half.

personally, the thin legs are a tad overstated IMO. I think she looked GREAT in person. I agree that the base isn't great but I think most will regret no POing once she sells out. I'm putting my stamp of approval on her, she was one of the few statues I saw last night that convinced me instantly to PO.

Whilst they looks abnormally thin to me I'm hoping its the angle of the camera that makes them look worse. Certain angles she looks great its just like you said the base isn't great. I was expecting it to be an environment base like Storm as her design isn't part of the main series. Im really on the fence at the moment though.

Haven't most of the X-Men come with a change of head? Seems like a good bet here, for what its worth.

the "H" base stands for horrible
how could SS mess this character up so badly the 2nd time around ?...smh

She looks so much better in the video!
Still not a fan of the base
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=MSvqPZt1Pc4&list=UUElS5y4SRfWXDUhILlrNQyQ#

Lmao that music tho...

Does look better in the video. The front face works for me and seeing the angle at 0:25 it still holds up very well. But that angle and the side angle at 1:07 also highlights the poofed up hair in the front and how weird it looks. At 0:25 it's like McDonald's arches on top of her forehead.

The main issues are from the forehead up and ankles down. I'd like to draw the strings on the cape tighter and have the fur drape off from the shoulders a bit more like in the comics instead of just hanging behind her like SS has it.

I agree with HarpieLad, this Emma is 80s era so it doesn't make sense her base is more in line with the 90s/modern PF bases. Probably because it was just easier.

The Bat ladies on their themed bases and WW on her Greek column have nice bases. Emma should've had a nice stylized base similar to those, but fitting of her. They could've had a flat surface base with marble tile top and the sides designed like a fancy column you'd find in fine establishments, like the Hellfire Club headquarters.

columns.png

Back