Elvis1976 STAR WARS custom's • Mandalorian Ahsoka Tano

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Elvis1976 custom's•DENGAR•SNOWSPEEDER LUKE•BOBA FETT•TUSKEN RAIDER•CHEWBACCA (wip

this is how chewy should be done by either SS or HT, proof that it can be achieved...awesome!

Re: Elvis1976 custom's•DENGAR•SNOWSPEEDER LUKE•BOBA FETT•TUSKEN RAIDER•CHEWBACCA (wip

this is how chewy should be done by either SS or HT, proof that it can be achieved...awesome!

Thanks man but honestly I'm not sure if somehting like that can be done in a mass product way. It took me 4 hours just to put the fur around the head. So I don't know how it can be achieve in a factory and have the same result on all of them.

yea a mass produced chewy would need a new very very slim body, feet, a fur suit all of which in my opinion can be done fairly easy. but where the effort lies is in the head. even with a good base head shaped like the real prop the hair would have to be added bits & pieces at a time and between different factory workers putting them all together i could see a huge difference from head to head. i think most of us could overlook the body issues or inconsistencies but not the head.

Crazy skills Elvis, glad you have graced us with your presence here is the Star Wars thread. I hope SS can do as good of a job on Dengar as you have done.

:thud: That Chewie... Boo for not taking commissions... But the minute you're open I'm sending a pm!

Btw is that Mohair you using on Chewie?

:thud: That Chewie... Boo for not taking commissions... But the minute you're open I'm sending a pm!

Btw is that Mohair you using on Chewie?

LOL man commissioning someting like this would be expesnive and i'm not sure I want to make two head. That one was just a pain ...

I'm using the fur from the 123 Hasbro figure.

what body do you plan on using for him

I will be using a modified SS vader body.

That Chewy head is amazing!

LOL man commissioning someting like this would be expesnive and i'm not sure I want to make two head. That one was just a pain ...

I'm using the fur from the 123 Hasbro figure.

I will be using a modified SS vader body.

i hear you on that. if the head isn`t right then :gah::gah:

God damn, Seb. Everything is looking amazing as always. Love Luke (both), Han, Chewie, Denger, etc, etc, etc.

So the Tauntaun, do you need a saddle at all? I have an extra that might work, or at least help.

Love Chewie... just looks spot-on!

Any tips for how you got the hair to lay so well? Wondering if you used any kind of hair spray or gel, to shape it?

When I read Chewbacca in the title I thought... aw crap I'm going to see something amazing. And yep, that's what happened. Man I'd really like to get one of 'em. :clap

God damn, Seb. Everything is looking amazing as always. Love Luke (both), Han, Chewie, Denger, etc, etc, etc.

So the Tauntaun, do you need a saddle at all? I have an extra that might work, or at least help.

Thank Rich, so far I have a saddle but if it doesn't work out I will send you a pm. :)

Love Chewie... just looks spot-on!

Any tips for how you got the hair to lay so well? Wondering if you used any kind of hair spray or gel, to shape it?

What I did first (before fixing the hiar to the head) is put all the fur in hot water and then used comb to get the hair as straight as possible.

Once dry I glued the fur to the head.

Once the fur on the head I used something that is call surf spray.
It is a spray to give the surfer hair look. Basically it's water and salt. It gives the fur that dirty look.

What I did first (before fixing the hiar to the head) is put all the fur in hot water and then used comb to get the hair as straight as possible.

Once dry I glued the fur to the head.

Once the fur on the head I used something that is call surf spray.
It is a spray to give the surfer hair look. Basically it's water and salt. It gives the fur that dirty look.

Interesting... I just cut and directly applied; never thought about treating the hair before hand. It makes a big differecnce, you've achieved just the right shape for his face and how the hair curves.

Thanks for the tips :duff

Well I was going to use a vader body but I managed to customized a true type to the right height so I will be using a frankensteined body.

how please tell and which model did you use

I used a narrow shoulder body and extended the biceps, forearms thighs, calves and torso to get to the right height. The vader body is too bulky.

Back