elvis1976 GI-Joe customs : Camo STORM SHADOW

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: My Take on some Gi-joe and Cobra

Outback was always a fav when I was a kid.

Looks great Seb! Hes huge:rock

Looks like the backpack is pretty sweet. Rambos head is a good fit.

Yeah, didn't realize it was Rambo until I read it... he's looking awesome :rock

The point is not to compare a mass market figure and a custom made figure.
I make figure because it's a passion. Gi-joe represent some of the best moments in my childhood. And i want to trasnfer that into my figure the best i can and try to stay true to the original figure.
It's the passion that i put into them than will never translate to a mass market figure. :D

It's pretty clear to me that you look at figure customizing as more an art form then simply a hobby. Of course I've never seen one of your figures up close but it's obvious you put a considerable amount of time, thought and creativitity into each piece.

The sweaty unkempt look of the Rambo sculpt is perfect for Outback! Diggin the backpack as well and I think the Dutch body suits him nicely! :rock2

Some WIP pics of current porjects.

FInally found an accurate gun to the original 3 3/4 fig.
It's a french weapon called MAT

IMG_5540.jpg

IMG_5539.jpg

an early WIP of SHipwreck.
Really happy to have found that head, i just sculpted a bear and he's got a nice expression

IMG_5543.jpg

IMG_5544.jpg

Early WIP on two heads
Hit & RUN and MUTT

IMG_5546.jpg

IMG_5545.jpg

IMG_5541.jpg

IMG_5542.jpg

Looking nice man.
Really cant wait to see that MUTT!

Looking great Seb! And thanks for the shots of Cobra Commander in the back, that clarified what I need to do to mine.

Keep it up :rock

Newb Alert!
First off, amazing work. Now I have to scratch Shipwreck off my first custom list. Elvis, do you sleep?
Secondly, what do you guys consider the "one stop shop" site for nude figures, clothes, heads, equipment, etc., etc. To outfit Joe's and Star Wars figures completely. I'm looking for reliability and a good open stock.
Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

D

Newb Alert!
First off, amazing work. Now I have to scratch Shipwreck off my first custom list. Elvis, do you sleep?
Secondly, what do you guys consider the "one stop shop" site for nude figures, clothes, heads, equipment, etc., etc. To outfit Joe's and Star Wars figures completely. I'm looking for reliability and a good open stock.
Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

D

Toy Anxiety and Monkey Depot are both good, but there really isn't a one stop shop anywhere on the web, even ebay. Sometimes you have to search high and low for the right parts.

Looking forward to Shipwreck he's always been one of my favorites. Could never find a decent shirt though. Great stuf, Seb!

Back