[ELVIS1976 | custom work] • 1/1 PROTON PACK

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: ELVIS1976 custom work (Marvel, DC, Horror, Movies) - THE SCARECROW

sorry to hear man, but with your skills I am sure we can keep you busy for awhile, and someone is bound to hire someone with your talent pretty quickly.

THanks guys it reall means a lot to me.

I'm even not sure if i want to make graphic design anymore, im' a bit disgusted.

Maybe try to make figure as a living?

I'm even not sure if i want to make graphic design anymore, im' a bit disgusted.

Doubt you'll get any objections here! :lol

Sorry to hear about the job, Seb. You're a super talented guy, so I'm sure you'll bounce back in no time. Good luck my friend.

Sorry about your bad news mate. Maybe it will lead to something bigger and better, given your skills I'm sure it will.
All the best buddy.

This will become your turn around point in life. You are about to Make history!:clap

Don't worry bro, I know all about loosing a job and lost my house because of not having a job. I had to move back in with my parents, and only got back on my feet last year.

You have a great skills with yr customs so use it to yr benefit to earn cash. I had no other backup plan or skills, you can bounce back n I'm sure this forum will keep u going.
Think of projects you can offer people, customs paints etc. if you need me to pay you upfront for my heads let me know, I b happy to help. I been there, but keep positive n don't get down. 1 eye open at all times as my dad told me :)

I easily think you can make this a living, onwards and upwards

Oh no, Seb, that's awful news buddy. Stupid Belgian economy :thud:
To just let you go like that, what a bunch of douchebags...

I'll keep an eye out to see if there's any graphic design job available in the Brussels-area; since we're in the same business I might pick up on something. I'll keep you posted, bro.

In the meanwhile, hang in there. A guy with your talent will always get back on his feet quickly, I'm sure of it. And there are enough boardies here who'll keep you busy with commissions :1-1:

So sorry to hear this news brother! Dont let it get you down. Your a very talented individual and remember you have your home right here. Where plenty are ready to drop that mad cash on your art! :wink1:

Sorry to hear that man... the design industry is tough. Do you have enough contacts to keep you busy with freelance work?

I have been thinking quitting my full-time design job and just freelancing... more money to be made that way!

Sorry to hear that seb :(

You should consider making these figures as a full time job. People hear make gold! your a very talented individual and im sure you will excell.

All the best.

Figures for a living? Why not... You could easily make some good money on this board for a decent time. However keep in mind that it is still a very tough job... Remember those great guys such as Les and DA... They all got in trouble with the preassure.
Other hand would be to try to get in touch with a company. I think this might be the better way. Try to reach those guys on FB. Being located in Europe shouldnt be a big deal these days.
Good luck bro! :)

Sorry to hear the news Seb. But perhaps it's a message to start doing this hobby as a career. I don't know just a thought, but since just about everyone in the 1/6th world thinks you're a friggin genius maybe it's something you should look into.

As a fellow Graphic Designer...I HEAR YOU.

Even here, across the pond, getting and keeping a job in design is TOUGH. Its an under-appreciated career (like many others) and its impossible to find an employer to see the effort and creativity that goes into the smallest of pieces we create.

Your customs are wicked.

you want my opinion ?

try it, making figure for living, it's possible

it's hard and you will certainly work more for less money but , if you don't try maybe you wil regret one day

but certainly not only in SSF you must find more customers work for company etc..

If you choose the figure route, I'd be happy to help in any way I can :lecture

You were born to do this IMO

Damn, Seb! Always bad news to hear when you lose your job! These days it really is very hard, especially for artists. Believe me, I just went through some rough times with my freelance work even though I've been in the industry for over 20 years with lots of contacts, all of a sudden it seems like no one knew me anymore. I know lots of work has also been outsourced these days as lots of artwork can be done digitally overseas somewhere for cheaper! Sucks!
But I truly hope you can hang in there and wish you the best of luck with finding some new and better work! And as everyone's been saying, with your talent, we're all basically your fans and will gladly end up working for you! So instead of working for the bills and food, I'll work for Seb's Customs! :lol Good luck, my friend!

Thanks guys!

On a sadest note I just lost my job like right now.
Stupid economy!

So i'm gonna be a bit more quiet in the coming days and you will probably see a for sale thread to maybe raise so cash :(:monkey2

:(

Sorry to hear that bro
With your talent though, i'm sure you will find another job quick hopefully!

So sorry to hear this news brother! Dont let it get you down. Your a very talented individual and remember you have your home right here. Where plenty are ready to drop that mad cash on your art! :wink1:

If you choose the figure route, I'd be happy to help in any way I can :lecture

You were born to do this IMO

That's terrible news, Seb. But you know what they say, "when one door closes, another one opens". I really think you should consider custom figure making.

Eric

Sorry to hear that man! =( But you are god in 1:6 world, so you can try it! It will be long way, but maybe the best way! And you still can trying find full-time job... Very best of luck with you and your wife and your young daughter!

Back