Electronics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

What do you do with the electronics in your collectibles?

• Leave them on for display.

Votes: 1 5.0%
  • Turn them on once in a while, when I'm taking pics or I want to show a guest how cool I am.

Votes: 12 60.0%
  • Test them once upon unboxing, and then never touch them again!

Votes: 7 35.0%

• Total voters

The Ternes

Freakzoid
Reaction score
Bismarck, ND unfortunately. Seriously, it's boring
Question, how do you, personally, display your 1/6 scale figs with electronics in them? Do you leave them on or off? The only items I have with electronics in them so far are the Tumbler, the Bat-pod, DX-01 Joker, and DX-02 Batman.

I assume you display them with everything turned off, especially in the cases of the Bat-pod and Tumbler, as it doesn't seem there's any immediately accessible way to replace the LEDs, but with Bat's Sonar Lenses, I thought I remembered reading in the manual that there was...
:dunno

AS of now - only turn them on for pictures or to show guests LOL

Would love a solution where I can have all my 1/6 electronics turn on at the flick of a switch and powered by the mains as opposed to expensive batteries.

I test em once then remove the batteries to prevent leakage prior to placing them in the detolf. More often than not I never power them on again.

I always wished you could keep the lights on. I'm guessing it wouldn't take long for them to run out of batteries & I can't imagine how hard it would be to change the lights on some of the figures but it would be cool if you could leave your Iron Man's & Endoskeleton's ect lite up :)

i just don't turn them on really. i test them and take the batteries out. plus you can get 100-200-packs of those batteries on ebay for like $5 shipped. this is one of the issues i wish i had taken more electronics classes in school for, i'd just wire them all up to a light switch and leave them on. those cheap LEDs last forever if they're installed right.

I test em once then remove the batteries to prevent leakage prior to placing them in the detolf. More often than not I never power them on again.

Same here.

I forgot about a T3 bust and the battries were just starting to leak. So after that I don't take any chances and just remove the.battries.

I could live without fancy electronics on my figures. It'll help cut down the cost, haha. I never use them anyways.

Question, how do you, personally, display your 1/6 scale figs with electronics in them? Do you leave them on or off? The only items I have with electronics in them so far are the Tumbler, the Bat-pod, DX-01 Joker, and DX-02 Batman.

I assume you display them with everything turned off, especially in the cases of the Bat-pod and Tumbler, as it doesn't seem there's any immediately accessible way to replace the LEDs, but with Bat's Sonar Lenses, I thought I remembered reading in the manual that there was...
:dunno

How does your Dx joker have electronics?:dunno

I was just talking to Jedster about this wrt to the Tumbler. I'd love to be able to have it plugged into a normal wall outlet with an on/off switch.

I actually leave them on sometimes. But I dont mean for an extended period of time. About twenty minutes or so, for my own personal enjoyment :lol

I leave them on permanently if I like the feature. The lights on my TS T-800 have been on for two years now with no sign of dimming.

How does your Dx joker have electronics?:dunno

Joker himself doesn't but his base does. Two adjustable LEDs. Same as DX Batman's base.

I leave them on permanently if I like the feature. The lights on my TS T-800 have been on for two years now with no sign of dimming.

Well, if it's using LEDs, they should last around five years if left on non-stop. At least that's what I read.

Back