EFX Tie Fighter Pre-Order Wait

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I ordered the EFX Luke Reveal from Redford a few weeks ago...no problems whatsoever. I think it was delivered in 5 days.

EDIT: I also have the EFX Tie on order, wondering which will come first; the TIE or my unborn daughter's wedding day.

:exactly::exactly:

Or my unborn daughters unborn grand daughter

Not a blessed thing. I'm keeping tabs on this thread over at Rebel Scum forums. Once all eFX's answers are compiled and posted, we'll have the most up-to-date info available. It's already been over a month since the thread was closed to new questions but it appears one has to have the patience of a saint when it comes to eFX.

Edit: Just came across this post, posted today by a guy that apparently works with eFX (but made a point of saying earlier in the thread that he does not speak for them, just to be clear):

TK1701 (Rebel Scum forums) said:
...The Vader Helmets were delayed another week due to lack of delivery of the display bases by the vendor. Everything else is packed up and ready to go. As soon as the bases arrive they will be packed in as well, the boxes sealed and put into a container.

Just for reference the TIE's are being made at the same factory. A very good factory, but a very small one. So when the TIE tooling had to be redone it made sense to have them start work on the Vader Helmets since they can really only handle one project at a time. It also happened that we were waiting on the final sign off from the TIE model maker which I believe we got just this week. In a sense everything timed out well from a production flow standpoint, because time and production capacity were utilized to the fullest. I realize that is little consolation for those waiting close to 2 years for their TIE. It's unfortunate that it took as long as it did to get the tooling right in the first place, but when you are in the business of accuracy you can't accept close enough.

Last edited:
i dont even care about this anymore just delays after delays.

i poed from a reseller who doesnt charge until shipping so not a big deal.

end of year is my guess.

If you mean "word" as in any customer service response from EFX about the 2 year delay on this....then no. :slap. The shocking silence from them is truly shameful. Pathetic even.

thanks for posting that invictus.

that was at least some info as to what was going on.

knowing what's ongoing really helps heaps. wish EFX would at least put that info out instead of us having to look high and low for it.

So that is some good news!
It may be soon. A very good thing. But now 2 yrs later Im not into SW as much anymore :(

Na! I sold mine years ago!
What a big mistake! :monkey2

Thanks for the reply.

well, the hunt goes on.

p.s. If you live in NJ, there's one on the bay for pick up but man i'm like a thousand miles away :monkey2

TK1701 has been a real help over at rebelscum. Everybody continues to wait on Bryan, and word is that answers are coming, the big question is when?

Good to see that both the Vader helmet and TIE are getting ready to find their homes.

I find it humorous that now, we don't even wait for the products; we wait for eFX to answer questions about where the products are.

Not a blessed thing. I'm keeping tabs on this thread over at Rebel Scum forums. Once all eFX's answers are compiled and posted, we'll have the most up-to-date info available. It's already been over a month since the thread was closed to new questions but it appears one has to have the patience of a saint when it comes to eFX.

Edit: Just came across this post, posted today by a guy that apparently works with eFX (but made a point of saying earlier in the thread that he does not speak for them, just to be clear):

so this means what exactly? until they finish the vader helmets, they wont start work on the ties?

if so, what are the estimated dates?

thanks a bunch for that post! shed some light on the topic.

Well technically according to what was posted, efx was waiting on Neilson to sign off on the sample ties that were made.

so they would have idle capacity while waiting.

Now it seems the vader helmets have already been boxed and ready to ship sans the display base that is holding up shipping.

so if what is said is accurate, the ties should more or less be in production now.

how long that will take though is anyones guess.

I have mine on PO at Redford films, so I won't be charged untill it ships. With the droids possibly coming soon it give more time to save. At this rate we may see a tie pilot PF before this comes out though.

One of my big gripes with eFX is their site, it's atrocious. Well...atrocious might be a bit of an overstatement but it seems half-finished or an afterthought or something. As someone who recently got into the hobby I would love to see an actual "Archives" section with pictures and information on all their past releases. Their "In Development" section could use a lot of work as well lmao. I love love LOVE everything I own from them and I will continue to purchase their products but I think we all deserve a lot better than this. That's coming from a newbie, I can't imagine how you veterans are feeling about this. Oh and any information on that awesome Stormie Commander helmet I saw a picture of from Wondercon? It looked incredibly awesome. I'm also looking forward to their Legend Maul. Damn, this new mechanical keyboard makes me wanna keep typing and typing and...okay, I'll shut up. :-D

What's worse.. The website or the customer service. Both are pretty pathetic in this day and age. In the time I preordered the TIE my wife and I have had an aunt die, us suffer a miss carriage, and get preg again with baby due 2 months from now. In that time I have received ZERO emails from EFX regarding this item. It's become laughable.

I received about four emails from bryan across 4 days about 2 months ago regarding the Vader helm. Then he just stopped replying, they really need customer service people. Where I work we have about 5 people work CS for 8 Companys. Surely one CS person should be able to cover calls & emails for EFX's what 5 products

One of my big gripes with eFX is their site, it's atrocious. Well...atrocious might be a bit of an overstatement but it seems half-finished or an afterthought or something...

Apparently in that second thread I linked to over at Rebel Scum someone mentioned that eFX paid someone a fair amount of money to build their website but they only partially finished it before bolting. Not 100% sure how accurate that is, but it would explain why it's such a crummy website, especially for such high-end collectibles. Really, though, even if true, I still don't understand why they couldn't have gotten something else up in all this time and why their customer service is so terrible.

When I hear about companies that don't update or reply to their customers for months on end, it always makes me nervous that they're having financial trouble or may go bankrupt. Although I'll probably end-up buying some stuff down the road from them despite everything (would really like a Slave I prop replica), I do think they deserve to have their license pulled by LFL for the terrible customer service they provide.

By the way, since you mentioned you're using a mechanical keyboard, do you mind if I ask what brand you picked-up? Looking at DECK's, myself.

Back