ED-209 PF?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Man, that would be awesome! But, can't see it actually happening.

The HT figure is awesome though :rock

q.jpg

There are occassional good deals to be found for him... I really thought I was SOL before I tracked mine down about 6 months ago :rock

I'll be sure to send you a message if I ever see one turn up for a good price :duff

i don't see it happening. the Hot Toys one is near perfection (except for the possible issues with the dome).

Robocop and ED are two of their best figures... even a couple years after the fact its hard to find many 1/6 figures that can compete with them.

I know, the ED-209 by Hot Toys is near perfection, I have two of these (I got one in a partial trade from someone on the forum who did not have enough cash but really wanted the SS IM, and I like the person).

Anyways, I fully support an Ed-209 1/4 PF by SS. Not because the Hot Toys is not good, like I said, I agree with the comments on what a beauty it is.

The reason is that if you have the 1/4 scale Robo, then the HT 1/6 scale, as big as it is, still looks a bit small beside the 1/4 scale Robo.

Yes, I know this would be big, but SS is not scared about big pieces. I am not sure if it would sell well, but man I would buy it in an instant.

Great idea ED-209 1/4 scale PF.

I'd buy it, but I don't think it will happen after how long it took the RoboCop PFF to sell out.

I'd buy ED209 from SS....the only thing I dont like about the HT one is its made of plastic. I hate things that are made of plastic its so cheap it buggs me to no end. So when I see some of these HT 209's going for $800-900 on ebay that is just RIDICULOUS!!
Their is no piece of plastic on this planet worth $800....its polystone, silicone, metal or nothing. I mean what does that ED 209 weigh...like 1 pound??. Nooooo spank you...

Chris

Sideshow's Robocop was not a commercial success, So I think its faire to say we will never see a Ed-209 by Sideshow...Maybe if they reinvent the Franchise one day...

Darren Aronofsky is set to relaunch the franchise after his next film so you never know. Although I wouldn't consider ED-209 a Premium Format.....unless they really decide to go mixed media on it and not polystone the whole thing.

I'd buy ED209 from SS....the only thing I dont like about the HT one is its made of plastic. I hate things that are made of plastic its so cheap it buggs me to no end. So when I see some of these HT 209's going for $800-900 on ebay that is just RIDICULOUS!!
Their is no piece of plastic on this planet worth $800....its polystone, silicone, metal or nothing. I mean what does that ED 209 weigh...like 1 pound??. Nooooo spank you...

Chris

You sir are crazy... HT ED-209 is a crazy good figure. Has a good weight and is by far the best collectible out there of ED.

I'll never be sold on anything plastic...sorry. Im not saying its not cool...it appsolutely is. Its just the fact that you can pose it and that its made of plastic that kills it for me. I prefur static pieces made of a solid material. Which is why I dont own any HT pieces...and never will no matter how cool.

Chris

Back