eBooks outsell real books at Amazon for the first time ever!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's kind of surprising, I mean, you can read them on a number of devices, but I don't see many average people buying the Kindle or other Ebook readers. And it was already kind of awkward to read a book from a computer, or a phone.

I don't think I'll ever buy an Ebook, I'll always get the real thing.

This is a clear case of don't knock it till you try it. I'm a huge bibliophile, having several hundred books in storage. For X-mas my wife gave me a Kindle and I don't miss paper books at all. The thing is super light and you can read in direct sunlight. It also carries 1,500 books on it. This is especially great for travelers. Tomorrow I leave for Comicon and have tons of books at my disposal while waiting in those enormous lines.

I don't see the need for an Ipad yet, but if I ever forget my Kindle I can read the books on the Kindle app on my Droid. They even sync with each other so I'm always on the same page.

I'm a huge book collector, I save every book I read (I probably have almost 1000 now, it was 600 a few years ago). I pay attention to the finer details of the book as well. The font, the size, the margins, where the page numbers are, the way the chapter begins and about a dozen other things that would lose everyone's interest if I were to list them. So I don't see myself ever going for an eBook reader.

I had a Kindle, but recently sold it to a friend. After reading over a dozen books on it, I realized I missed real books. I got tired of seeing the same font on every eBook I read. I also had a couple eBooks that had some fudged-up formatting and that just bugged the hell out of me when I read them.

eBooks are fantastic. I can carry a ton of books on the go instead of being weighed down by physical books. Using torrents I have over 600 books on my iPad already which means realistically I'll never really have a need for a book both current and classic. It feels great just like it did when I carried my first iPod where I didn't have to drag around a ton of CD or sit there and make mixed CDs trying to get burning software not to fail and lose CDs.

Those who do not evolve are meant to be left in the past as memories and examples of stubborness. Bring on more tech.

Back