Ebay seller advice needed

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Patient Zero

Super Freak
Reaction score
I need a few opinions on what I should do.

I sold a figure on ebay, purchase price was around 500.00. I do not ship outside of the US anymore. I was contacted by a taiwan buyer to purchase the item. I told him that I could only ship to the address on his paypal account. He stated that his new address was in the US. I agreed and he sent the payment. I sent the item to his paypal address and sent him a tracking number. He sent me a message stating that was not his correct address and asked me to ship it to another. His new address is in the same city as the one on his paypal. The package sent to the original address had signature confirmation, and has been refused and is on its way back to me. The seller has over 100 positive feedbacks.

I am just unsure if I want to send to a different address then on the invoice. Why would someone buy a 500.00 item and not have the correct address on file is beyond me. I want to be a good seller, but I do not want to deal with a chargeback or a scam. The only option I can come up with are.

1. send to the new address
2. refund

Also, he has already left me a positive feedback. That seems strange also. So any input would be helpful.

Edit: awesome I misspelled the title, should read "needed":duh

Re: Ebay seller advice needes

I had sold something where the buyer had two addresses listed in the same city, but everything was fine and I just asked which one was the correct address.

They may have just been lazy and not updated their address online but considering you got positive feedback already I would just send it to their new address that they said is the correct one.

I need a few opinions on what I should do.

I sold a figure on ebay, purchase price was around 500.00. I do not ship outside of the US anymore. I was contacted by a taiwan buyer to purchase the item. I told him that I could only ship to the address on his paypal account. He stated that his new address was in the US. I agreed and he sent the payment. I sent the item to his paypal address and sent him a tracking number. He sent me a message stating that was not his correct address and asked me to ship it to another. His new address is in the same city as the one on his paypal. The package sent to the original address had signature confirmation, and has been refused and is on its way back to me. The seller has over 100 positive feedbacks.

I am just unsure if I want to send to a different address then on the invoice. Why would someone buy a 500.00 item and not have the correct address on file is beyond me. I want to be a good seller, but I do not want to deal with a chargeback or a scam. The only option I can come up with are.

1. send to the new address
2. refund

Also, he has already left me a positive feedback. That seems strange also. So any input would be helpful.

Edit: awesome I misspelled the title, should read "needed":duh

Paypal only protects you if you sell/ship to the address listed. I'd be careful. With 100 feedbacks, you're probably safe to ship it, but you never know. How old is the feedback and for what sort of items (i.e. collectibles). I wish I could give you better advice, but $500 is a lot of money to steer you wrong. Have you tried asking him about the change of address and the reason for it not being updated?

just today $215 cam out of my paypal from an a hole who filed a not recived item becausee he has no patience.l dont have any respect for paypal anymore

I'd have him update paypal with the shipping address or cancel the deal. $500 is a lot to get stiffed on if you do not have proof of delivery to a confirmed address in paypal.

Yep, seems you are only protected if you ship to the Paypal address... if he doesn't get it taken care of then I'd walk away. Hopefully you don't loose the money you paid for shipping; I'd refund him the amount less shipping as its his fault not yours.

It's not like he couldn't file a redirection notice with his post office is it. It sounds like he has something dodgey going on. Not necessarily with this purchase.

Yeah, sounds a little shady to me...... I'd ask him to update his Paypal. If he doesn't want to cooperate, refund minus shipping cost. End of story. You can never be too careful these days :eek:

just today $215 cam out of my paypal from an a hole who filed a not recived item becausee he has no patience.l dont have any respect for paypal anymore

What happened? Did you get the item back?

I asked him to update his address through paypal. he responded today and said that he has his new address confirmed on paypal. I still do not see how that would help protect me, and I do not know how to verify that it has changed. I still have a few days to decide what to do. His feedback is great, 60 + this last month, with alot of them being higher priced collectibles.

PZ,

Contact Paypal directly, talk to a Customer Service rep and explain your concern.

Go to your Paypal account, click on the Contact Us on the R/H side.

In the Help Center contact information, under Speak to us click the Call us. They'll give you a Secure Web PIN number & the 800 number to call.

Best of Luck!

no papyal will give him his refund then he will get my HT predator 1 in the mail and probably keep it,paypal doesnt care.im done with them.

define your meaning of patience.

If someone sends you the money for something, ship it asap, they held up their end. Paypal will wait for a item to be delivered if it has been shipped with tracking. Did he file a claim before you shipped it? How long did you wait to ship it after you received the payment?

PZ,

Contact Paypal directly, talk to a Customer Service rep and explain your concern.
This is what I would do. Though I might instead ask via e-mail so that you will have physical documentation to protect yourself on the off-chance that the operator misunderstands you and gives you incorrect advice. I have shipped things to people who had the wrong zip code put down, etc. in the past, but never anything of real value. Too much to lose if things go south. And even if a guy has 1,000s of all positive reviews right now, that is no absolute guarantee that things are on the up and up. With $500, I would not want to take any chances.

PZ,

Go to your Paypal account, click on the Contact Us on the R/H side.

In the Help Center contact information, under Speak to us click the Call us. They'll give you a Secure Web PIN number & the 800 number to call.

Best of Luck!

Ok, I did this. They confirmed that even if he updated his address with a new confirmed address, I am only covered sending to the address on the invoice. I hate to do it, but I am gonna have to refund his money. I will relist and if he still wants it, he can rebuy it with his new address. I like to gamble, but I prefer to be at a card table when doing so.

define your meaning of patience.

If someone sends you the money for something, ship it asap, they held up their end. Paypal will wait for a item to be delivered if it has been shipped with tracking. Did he file a claim before you shipped it? How long did you wait to ship it after you received the payment?

l shipped a hot toys figure to the guy in the uk im in canada he didnt want to pay the real shipping cost so l shipped it to him said it would be 6 weeks he said fine,and its only been 4 weeks and he files a clam item not recieved,well thats less then the time l quoted him.

Back