• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Collector Freaks and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Ebay listing need advice.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
1- you should have listed 'buy it now' only. you pay fees only when it sells. you get what you want for the item.

2- in these days of smaller disposable income, getting many watchers and bidders can be difficult unless your item is coveted. if you insist on doing an 'auction style' listing, start on a sunday evening and end on a sunday evening. (1 week)

1) You never know how much an item will go for so i generally go with a normal auction. If you're really sure it wont go for more than x amount then yes put a Buy It Now option

2) Why only 7 days? Better to make it 10 days starting on Thurs night. That way you get 2 full wkends (most people surf on wkends) ending on a Sunday night.

1) You never know how much an item will go for so i generally go with a normal auction. If you're really sure it wont go for more than x amount then yes put a Buy It Now option

2) Why only 7 days? Better to make it 10 days starting on Thurs night. That way you get 2 full wkends (most people surf on wkends) ending on a Sunday night.

being that BIN listings are free, i'll relist until it sells. i determine market value of the item by doing an advanced search and checking 'sold listings'. the current value is worth what the last few sold for. if i know i have a popular item and there are none in the sold or completed listings, i'll put a large price up there and gauge by the number of watchers to raise or lower.

listing from sunday to sunday traditionally has been the best days for an auction style listing. over the past 12 months, i've seen many, many items sell for way less than they're worth in an auction style listing. some sellers with lower valued items love auction style but you're taking a huge chance with a several hundred dollar item unless you pay for a reserve. to date i've sold over $40,000 in collectibles on ebay and every sale was a buy it now.

Its back on Ebay!!! 24hr auction no reserve!!!! OK Someone better jump on this!! Buyer failed to pay after 2weeks! Yikes!

Back