• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Collector Freaks and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Ebay listing need advice.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Erock

Just a little freaky
Reaction score
Way too high. Take off the reserve and keep lowering it. Free shipping. Start it at a penny and end it tonight. That is my advice. Solid advice.

Way too high. Take off the reserve and keep lowering it. Free shipping. Start it at a penny and end it tonight. That is my advice. Solid advice.

Thanks for the advice! I contacted ebay to lower the buy it now price and have the auction end within a few hours and they said I could not do that since the bidding had already begun.

If anyone would like to offer $499.00 I would be happy to sell it to you with free shipping. I'll include a free small campo iron meteorite as well:) If so send me a message

1- you should have listed 'buy it now' only. you pay fees only when it sells. you get what you want for the item.

2- in these days of smaller disposable income, getting many watchers and bidders can be difficult unless your item is coveted. if you insist on doing an 'auction style' listing, start on a sunday evening and end on a sunday evening. (1 week)

3- you need to meet a criteria before you can sell here plus you posted in the wrong section.

1- you should have listed 'buy it now' only. you pay fees only when it sells. you get what you want for the item.

2- in these days of smaller disposable income, getting many watchers and bidders can be difficult unless your item is coveted. if you insist on doing an 'auction style' listing, start on a sunday evening and end on a sunday evening. (1 week)

3- you need to meet a criteria before you can sell here plus you posted in the wrong section.

Thanks for the advice! Sorry I wasnt aware I posted in the wrong section.
What section should I re-post in?:clap

If anyone would like to offer $499.00 I would be happy to sell it to you with free shipping. I'll include a free small campo iron meteorite as well:) If so send me a message

FYI with eBay's new policy I read if your auction has bids and you cancel it you still have to pay the fees if it has bids.

FYI with eBay's new policy I read if your auction has bids and you cancel it you still have to pay the fees if it has bids.

Yes I have heard that! Ebay charges %10 as well! I added the buy it now option on the ad and then I end up learning that after someone makes a 1st bid that the buy it now option disapears! Live and learn

Has anyone from the US had trouble shipping to Canada? I have someone that wants to bid but he is from Canada.

better check the usps size restrictions. they won't accept if too big. shipping canadapost via the usps is the least expensive way if it qualifies.

I added the buy it now option on the ad and then I end up learning that after someone makes a 1st bid that the buy it now option disapears! Live and learn

Yeah if you have a reserve set then the buy it now is available until the reserve is met. I don't really like reserve auctions though.

40 minutes left and the item is at $380.00! 652 views and 70 watchers.... Hot Item! Get your bids in!

Sold for $430 to to man in black! ;) 780 views and 86 watchers! Thanks Sideshow for letting me post :)

Back