eBay Funds

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DocTroy

Super Freak
Reaction score
Hi guys,

I've sold some stuff on eBay in the past week and they're holding my funds for like 20 days. Thing is I kinda need these funds to ship items out and stuff.

Any way around this hold?

Hi guys,

I've sold some stuff on eBay in the past week and they're holding my funds for like 20 days. Thing is I kinda need these funds to ship items out and stuff.

In a word...no.

Its an annoying policy. You have to pay for shipping, out of pocket and then nag PayPal once the item is received and it shows in the tracking number. Otherwise, the funds just get automatically released on the date it says it would.

simpsons-haha.gif

Hi guys,

Amazon does the exact same thing. You have to mail the item first and then like 2 weeks later or something get your funds.

Hi guys,

Try messaging the seller and explain to him that PayPal put a hold on the funds to verify if the transaction is legit and you can't ship his stuff until he calls PayPal and has them release the funds. Make sure you state Paypal (not ebay), and include the customer service number for him, along with any sub-menu selections he'll need to press to get to a live PayPal customer service rep.

If you add the tracking number to the Paypal listing then your funds will become available 3 days after the item is listed as Delivered. Otherwise, you have to wait 20 days.

And I don't think the buyer can do anything to get those funds released to you.

There's a spot in the transaction for your tracking number, it'll detect when it's delivered and 3 days afterwards you'll get a notification that the funds are available. You don't have to do anything other than put in the tracking number.

It sucks happened to me earlier this year. I had 4-5 sales all in a row they did this on. After that they stopped. I believe it random.

Yup the new policy sucks . This will happen until you get a feedback of 25 or more.

They do this crap to me and its very frustrating.

If you go through paypal and "print shipping label" through your transaction , you can use the funds for shipping only right away . So you need and exact weight and measurement.

Back