Ebay and Obnoxious people

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vader70450

Super Freak
CF Supporter
Reaction score
I want to get your guys take on this. Have you guys noticed that the community of Ebay has changed? I have recently sold some stuff on ebay and came across 2 of the most impatinet, obnoxious _______s I ever ran into. Most of the time you get a few like this but not 2 in 1 week. :banghead

you guys notice this trend? I hate Ebay and the fact that THEY always side with the buyer is bull____. For all the fees they charge to list they should back their sellers more. I would have given these 2 ____s negatives already but I cant because EBay took away that feature but buyers can leave feedback based on bull____. :mad:

Haven't really noticed a change, the Ebay community has been pretty crappy for years. It's just the luck of the draw when you get more than one crappy buyer a week.

Ebay waters be rough matey.. I be sailing them right now and am getting tossed about... Arrrrrrr..

:lol
Looks like I am on the S.S Ebay with Bodie too. Effing impatient b**tards. :banghead Got some guy asking me not even 24 hours since he's paid if I've shipped his item. Then asking me for my phone number to call me. What the hell?! :banghead

Yeah, eBay seems to be getting more and more ridiculous everyday.... That's retarded that sellers can't leave negative feedback for a buyer! :confused:

I just use eBay as a last resort.....

I quit using ebay a year ago and never looked back. I suggest everyone do the same.

Yeah, eBay seems to be getting more and more ridiculous everyday.... That's retarded that sellers can't leave negative feedback for a buyer! :confused:

I just use eBay as a last resort.....

Yup. This is why I don't like to sell on Ebay anymore. The buyer gets free reign to leave feedback,but the seller has no option to do the same?? Basically leaving the seller to bend over backwards and still risking the chance to have negative feedback left because we didn't reply to a message at 2a.m.

I only have about 200 transactions over like 10 years. But I can honestly say that I have yet to come across a real rude person.

Its been pretty bad ever since sellers cant leave negative feedback. Plus they dont take claims seriously anymore. I filed a complaint about someone taking almost a month to make payment and ebay did nothing. The guy paid shortly and ebay closed the case.

And impatience... I have people pay me on thursday and ask me the next day why I havent shipped items out yet. WTF?

And impatience... I have people pay me on thursday and ask me the next day why I havent shipped items out yet. WTF?

Yeah they expect you to ship something out like Amazon does. They don't care that sellers often have day jobs and can't answer messages on the fly or ship out within 24 hours. If I know I have the time to ship out the next day I'll tell them that otherwise I let them know I'll get it shipped out within a day or two.

To me its the powersellers that have the attitudes. They just sell so much in bulk that they dont have time or care about 1 bad feedback per 100 good ones. I still get great deals on ebay which is why i shop there, if my lcs could save me 30-40% off a staue id buy from them instead...

I was listing some stuff last night and noticed eBay has a cap on what certain categories should charge for shipping. Like $6 for a video game accessory. WTF? No way in hell will some accessories ship for less than $6. And $15 for a vintage (read: heavy) system? What are they smoking?

I know some sellers charge way too much, but for eBay to have a cap is ridiculous.

I was listing some stuff last night and noticed eBay has a cap on what certain categories should charge for shipping. Like $6 for a video game accessory. WTF? No way in hell will some accessories ship for less than $6. And $15 for a vintage (read: heavy) system? What are they smoking?

I know some sellers charge way too much, but for eBay to have a cap is ridiculous.

Yet they push you to use flat rate and priority.

If you use parcel post, can you still use signature confirmation?

Didn't know that. Thanks for the heads up. Can you put it in bold that you will charge actual shipping rates??? Or can someone leave a negative feedback for charging more than the suggested Ebay price??? I always add a couple extra bucks for the shipping supplies--box,bubble wrap, gas to and from the post office.

Didn't know that. Thanks for the heads up. Can you put it in bold that you will charge actual shipping rates??? Or can someone leave a negative feedback for charging more than the suggested Ebay price??? I always add a couple extra bucks for the shipping supplies--box,bubble wrap, gas to and from the post office.

they did this because a lot of people GOUGE on shipping (8- to ship 1 baseball card), heck some make a living with a 1 cent BIN and charge 50- to ship a sword.

If you use parcel post, can you still use signature confirmation?

I think I've done that before.

If you go through the trouble of packaging it and weighing it before you list it, I think you can use their shipping calculator if you provide weight and dimensions. Problem is, I was listing a bunch of stuff last night and I'm not going through all that trouble because I tend to get buyers buying multiple items so it's a lot of work to go through the whole packaging process up front.

Now that I think about it, I have seen people put notes in their listing that eBay's shipping price is wrong. Now I see know what they're talking about. :lol

Back