Easy & Simple The Zombie Survivor Unboxing (Brad Pitt In WWZ)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Very nice review, quite thorough. The likeness is rather exceptional. I feel the boots could use a little more in the paint department but that's something that can easily be modified. How do you feel the tailoring of the outfit fairs once it's on a body? The pants looked good, though the shirt seemed a little baggy.

Very nice review, quite thorough. The likeness is rather exceptional. I feel the boots could use a little more in the paint department but that's something that can easily be modified. How do you feel the tailoring of the outfit fairs once it's on a body? The pants looked good, though the shirt seemed a little baggy.

Thanks for watching and glad you liked it.

I'm really happy the the quality and craftsmanship of everything but the boots and shirt. These are just both ok in my option. I agree the boots could have a better paint application on them, but they are still ok. I personally prefer cloth boots with laces like on some modern military figures. The shirt has some frayed ends and loose stings. Not a super big deal. It fits him ok, but I think could be a bit longer. It might fit a muscle body too. I may test that. When I was posing him I'd have to pull out parts of the shirt that were folded inward toward the body too much because he looked too skinny. I think that is because I'm using a slimmer body though, not because of the shirt.

Again, I'm very happy with this purchase ($70) and the quality of the head sculpt in particular. Maybe not quite Hot Toys heads, but considering those go for $60 on eBay and with this you get the whole set for a little more I think it's very fair.

Interesting. Thank you for the insight! If I wasn't looking to bash a John Wick custom right now this would be high on my list. Again, I'm very impressed with the sculpt.

Re: Easy & Simple The Zombie Survivor Unboxing (Brad Pitt In WWZ)

Please share your John Wick custom when ready!!!
Will do buddy! There's actually a thread that went up yesterday where we're discussing the necessary bits and bobs. Come check it out when you get the chance!

I keep coming back to this Brad Pitt sculpt and more and more do I appreciate it. I think the likeness is stellar and I agree on that the more I look at it. For what it's worth, the movie was good as a zombie film. A World War Z film? No. But a zombie flick? Absolutely yes. Also dropped a subscription onto your channel as well, your reviews are very high quality. People could learn from they linearity and clarity you provide.

I'm casually perusing. Seems this set is sold out. Think they will do another production run?

Will do buddy! There's actually a thread that went up yesterday where we're discussing the necessary bits and bobs. Come check it out when you get the chance!

I keep coming back to this Brad Pitt sculpt and more and more do I appreciate it. I think the likeness is stellar and I agree on that the more I look at it. For what it's worth, the movie was good as a zombie film. A World War Z film? No. But a zombie flick? Absolutely yes. Also dropped a subscription onto your channel as well, your reviews are very high quality. People could learn from they linearity and clarity you provide.

I'm casually perusing. Seems this set is sold out. Think they will do another production run?

I saw the John Wick head sculpt thread. Is this the one you mention?

Wow, thanks for the sub and kind words. I really enjoy the hobby and happy to help where I can.

It's sold out in some places, but Timewalker currently has it in stock: The Zombie Survivor Accessory Set

Again, I'm very happy with my purchase. He's on display right now!

Yup that's the one! We're all arguing about the best sculpt now. Rahmier is dropping a prototype soon and that should be interesting.

Of course man, of course. Always nice to see level headed folks in the hobby, too many pretentious folks.

Thanks for the link; I'll put more thought into it. I've got two BCS Dr. Who figs on pre-order, I'm eyeballing Mechanic Tony Stark, and of course the John Wick custom, so it'd be a spontaneous purchase haha. Glad you're pleased with it though, I think it's definitely a worthy piece.

Here's an image I made for fun. Hope you like it.

World War Z Design.jpg

It's obviously highly modified. I will try to post a before / after image soon.

Here's a before and after shot. On the left is the raw photograph. On the right I made the following updates using Photoshop:

- Levels adjustments
- Created additional background shadows
- Created additional character shadows, mostly on his shirt and right arm
- Created seamless wrists
- Added some dirt and blood marks to his face, hands, clothes and the axe

Before & After.jpg

Very cool! The end result is quite convincing. Not too much shopping, not too little. Good balance.

Very cool! The end result is quite convincing. Not too much shopping, not too little. Good balance.

Thanks! Sometimes I can go a little crazy adding lens flares and stuff. I took a less-is-more approach with this one. :)

Back