Eagle Eye

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh man...I just saw this movie last night...
what a piece of crap!!! Acting was OK, effects were OK but the plot is so ridiculously stupid I couldn't believe I was watching it...
I wondered how the actors were able to keep their cool without start laughing at how stupid this was...
Besides, even if it ripped-off stuff from Matrix, Enemy of the State, and even 2001, it's no where near close to them...

Saw it last night and I have to put myself in the "didn't like it" category.

SPOILERS -- if you can call them that...

Really ridiculous premise. As soon as they revealed "the computer" was the villain, all bets were off. I liked the exploding crystal and the sound device gag, but almost everything else was preposterous. Would a computer rely on Shia and Michelle's ability to 'rob' the armored car guards? High tension wires can be manipulated by computer to snap on cue to murder a running man? Out of an entire country of possible choices, Shia and Michelle are the best candidates for this "mission" (I would think recruiting a greedy ex-military mercenary for half the amount of money put into Shia's account would have been more reliable and better trained to do what Shia did)? Unshaven and sweaty Shia disguised as a guard is allowed to walk into the cabinet room at the end? Why did Michelle continue on her "assignment" once her son's train arrived safe? Breaking "the eye" the stop the computer? It goes on and on. Mostly though, I just didn't connect with the leads in a way where I cared much what was going on. I also thought the action scenes were not directed well, particularly any car chase. It was shot so tight and shaky much of the time I couldn't tell what was happening. Just a lot of noise, cars crumpling, flipping, windows breaking, etc.

This movie definitely needed a new character about half way through, like they did with Hackman in "Enemy of the State". Brings a whole new energy to the tension and a new relationship to build with, which "Eagle Eye" desperately needed after awhile.

Oh man...I just saw this movie last night...
what a piece of crap!!! Acting was OK, effects were OK but the plot is so ridiculously stupid I couldn't believe I was watching it...
I wondered how the actors were able to keep their cool without start laughing at how stupid this was...
Besides, even if it ripped-off stuff from Matrix, Enemy of the State, and even 2001, it's no where near close to them...

See now i thought it was pretty much I Robot re made..but i liked it sooo yeah.

yeah, I noticed that too.. they get no credit.. they make it seem like it was there genius idea.... and plus infernal affairs made the departed look like poop.

i agree, but i love the Departed. :monkey2 the only movie i like Leo in. i liked Shia in Disturbia, hated him as Mutt, alright in Transformers, and now i think his train might be losing some steam. i know transformers 2 is out next summer, but i just don't see him being the "big thing" that everyone thinks he will be.

Saw it last night and I have to put myself in the "didn't like it" category.

SPOILERS -- if you can call them that...

Out of an entire country of possible choices, Shia and Michelle are the best candidates for this "mission" (I would think recruiting a greedy ex-military mercenary for half the amount of money put into Shia's account would have been more reliable and better trained to do what Shia did)?

Spoiler Spoiler:

Spoiler Spoiler:

Spoiler Spoiler:

The mercenary could have forcibly brought Shia to the computer. Whatever.

I believe much of this is possible, in some way (not the live wire gag though) but the reality of it (remote or not) didn't in itself make this a good movie by any stretch. Enemy of the State was much better, with equally possible technology.

i agree, but i love the Departed. :monkey2 the only movie i like Leo in. i liked Shia in Disturbia, hated him as Mutt, alright in Transformers, and now i think his train might be losing some steam. i know transformers 2 is out next summer, but i just don't see him being the "big thing" that everyone thinks he will be.

I liked him in disturbia too, only movie I can clearly remeber hating leo was the man in the iron mask.

Back