EA:Worst Co. in America!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
:mwaha

Extremely deserving. Sims 3, what a cluster **** that was.

Last edited:
Congratulations, EA! If I'm not mistaken, that makes two years in a row. Very impressive.

I've been doing my part and voting. I wonder how many years we can get them voted as the worst in America. Peter Moore's comments are just further proof of the crap they spew- ”Some claim there’s no room for Origin as a competitor to Steam. 45 million registered users are proving that wrong.” Really? Maybe that is because YOU FORCE THEM to register to even touch your games!

I've been doing my part and voting. I wonder how many years we can get them voted as the worst in America. Peter Moore's comments are just further proof of the crap they spew- ”Some claim there’s no room for Origin as a competitor to Steam. 45 million registered users are proving that wrong.” Really? Maybe that is because YOU FORCE THEM to register to even touch your games!

LOL, it is a less than impressive number when gamers have no choice. I doubt a single person would be using Origin if they were able to choose.

Congratulations, EA! If I'm not mistaken, that makes two years in a row. Very impressive.

They're a semifinalist, not the final choice.

I give Capcom a pass at present because of Dragons Dogma and the upcoming DLC

The "DLC" you have to buy the game again to play? You're giving them a pass because of that?

LOL, it is a less than impressive number when gamers have no choice. I doubt a single person would be using Origin if they were able to choose.

I've used Origin without being forced to, and for the most part it's fine.

I wonder if you're equally as upset that Valve makes us use Steam to play those games.

Between last year's voting taking place shortly after the ME3 debacle, and things like this:
We’ve seen mailing lists that direct people to vote for EA because they disagree with the choice of the cover athlete on Madden NFL. Yes, really…
In the past year, we have received thousands of emails and postcards protesting against EA for allowing players to create LGBT characters in our games. This week, we’re seeing posts on conservative web sites urging people to protest our LGBT policy by voting EA the Worst Company in America.

let's not pretend these are fair and level-headed people voting.

Honestly, the fact that they were voted the worst last year over Bank of America made gamers look like a bunch of spoiled brats.

EA's done a lot wrong, hell look at Simcity, but it's utterly ridiculous that they are getting this much hate.

Out of curiosity, Bane what did you use Origin for by choice?

Yeah, I don't like being forced to use Steam or any of the service set ups TBH. I'd prefer the old fashion way.

When I play Diablo, I have to be signed into Battlenet, when I play Farcry 3 I need to be signed into Uplay, when I pla Crysis 3 I need to be signed into Origin and when I want to play anything else, I need to be signed into Steam. All of which require regular updates and have their own quirks and problems. I remember just putting the disc in the tray and playing.

Fight night one of my fav games ruined by ea.....cant wait to see how they mess up ufc

Out of curiosity, Bane what did you use Origin for by choice?

Yeah, I don't like being forced to use Steam or any of the service set ups TBH. I'd prefer the old fashion way.

When I play Diablo, I have to be signed into Battlenet, when I play Farcry 3 I need to be signed into Uplay, when I pla Crysis 3 I need to be signed into Origin and when I want to play anything else, I need to be signed into Steam. All of which require regular updates and have their own quirks and problems. I remember just putting the disc in the tray and playing.

Syndicate and Mass Effect 2.

Good on you for being consistent regarding the online services. Many people seem to give EA tons of crap over Origin yet love Steam. Apologies that I assumed you were one of them.

While services like the ones you mentioned don't bother me much, I do understand your feeling on them. It really sucked when I tried to play Diablo 3 that first week and had so many problems. And Simcity's issues have completely turned me off from buying it. That said, I do like to keep stuff consolidated some. I really try to keep my games in Steam, Origin, and Gog.

Do you play on consoles much? Thoughts on all the Xbox always-on rumors?

I don't remember EA raising my health insurance rates while simultaneously lowering my coverage.

Back