e-fx Clone Helmet

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

automaton

Super Freak
Reaction score
e-fx Clone Helmet

i have been catching the early reviews, and while i thing the helmet looks great, i am slightly concerned with the quality control...some areas of the helmet seem a little underwhelming.... paint chips? poor finishings around the LED...

are these concerns with review models something the average customer will have to tolerate?

rebelscum.com review...

This helmet is HEAVY. Weighing in at 4.8 lbs, it's easily the heaviest trooper helmet I've ever seen. Even the MR clone trooper helmet doesn't even come close at 3.4 lbs. It makes the helmet very substantial to feel and hold which is nice for display, but I doubt you'd want to troop in it.

Overall, the finish is spectacular except that but this helmet did arrive with a couple of problems you can see in the detail photos. One, the tip of the "mohawk" where it's lit is really poorly finished. There are all kinds of problems. Until I see other helmets, I can't tell if it's just mine, though I anticipate all will have this issue. The other problem is likely related to just this helmet. On its right side there is a pretty bad chip in the paint at the end of the brow that has just been painted over and is something that would cause a return of the helmet to eFX. It's unfortunate, but if nothing else, this goes to prove eFX is not opening these helmet before they send them for review.

The "mohawk" light is a nice touch, and it's a good thing eFX put it on a long wire because I'll be letting the battery box hang down inside the helmet so I can easily turn it on and off with its switch. If you were to wear the helmet, the battery pack goes in a handy pocket right up inside the "mohawk". I like that it uses AAA batteries as they will likely last a very long time powering the LED.

I don't know but I hope that they clean it up. It's not too much to ask to get a quality piece when paying a quality price.

e-fx Clone Helmet

i have been catching the early reviews, and while i thing the helmet looks great, i am slightly concerned with the quality control...some areas of the helmet seem a little underwhelming.... paint chips? poor finishings around the LED...

are these concerns with review models something the average customer will have to tolerate?

rebelscum.com review...

This helmet is HEAVY. Weighing in at 4.8 lbs, it's easily the heaviest trooper helmet I've ever seen. Even the MR clone trooper helmet doesn't even come close at 3.4 lbs. It makes the helmet very substantial to feel and hold which is nice for display, but I doubt you'd want to troop in it.

Overall, the finish is spectacular except that but this helmet did arrive with a couple of problems you can see in the detail photos. One, the tip of the "mohawk" where it's lit is really poorly finished. There are all kinds of problems. Until I see other helmets, I can't tell if it's just mine, though I anticipate all will have this issue. The other problem is likely related to just this helmet. On its right side there is a pretty bad chip in the paint at the end of the brow that has just been painted over and is something that would cause a return of the helmet to eFX. It's unfortunate, but if nothing else, this goes to prove eFX is not opening these helmet before they send them for review.

The "mohawk" light is a nice touch, and it's a good thing eFX put it on a long wire because I'll be letting the battery box hang down inside the helmet so I can easily turn it on and off with its switch. If you were to wear the helmet, the battery pack goes in a handy pocket right up inside the "mohawk". I like that it uses AAA batteries as they will likely last a very long time powering the LED.

i've also been a little worried about this. These review pieces are effectively 'Artists Proofs' which is exactly how the final piece should look. I know there were problems with the original clone helmets when MR were in charge but they were big enough to suffer a delay/recall.

Hopefully the slight delay with the helmet (now available on 25th October) will see these little issues having been addressed. I'm still getting one though, can't wat!!:chew:chew:chew:lol:lol:lol

D

The admin of Yodasnews.com and I did a joint review of the helmet, and we didn't see any of the problems that the Rebelscum helmet had. In fact, it seems that was the only helmet that had issues thus far.

Also, keep in mind that the sub-par paint near the LED that was linked in the original post is: 1) an extreme close-up of an area that is only about an inch--maybe two--long, and 2) on the underside of the fin, meaning that you'd have to look up at the helmet from below to see it.

The same applies to that paint chip on the side of the Rebelscum sample. It's an extreme close-up, and the chip is only visible in that one picture. The other pics on Scum don't show it.

If interested, you can read our review here:

https://www.kid4life.com/yoda2/eFX Clonetrooper Helmet Phase I Armor.htm

thanks for the info... and cool site! i am happy to hear your review copy did not have any flaws. i hope we are all so lucky!

Yodasnews admin and Jez from Star Wars Helmets both received flawless helmets, no defects or problems at all.

The admin of Yodasnews.com and I did a joint review of the helmet, and we didn't see any of the problems that the Rebelscum helmet had. In fact, it seems that was the only helmet that had issues thus far.

Also, keep in mind that the sub-par paint near the LED that was linked in the original post is: 1) an extreme close-up of an area that is only about an inch--maybe two--long, and 2) on the underside of the fin, meaning that you'd have to look up at the helmet from below to see it.

The same applies to that paint chip on the side of the Rebelscum sample. It's an extreme close-up, and the chip is only visible in that one picture. The other pics on Scum don't show it.

If interested, you can read our review here:

https://www.kid4life.com/yoda2/eFX Clonetrooper Helmet Phase I Armor.htm

great review guys, see what you mean about the finishing on the LED, to be fair the other picture was an extreme close-up! Not worried anymore.

D:chew:chew

I believe EFX only only put an item up for sale when they have it in stock, unlike MR who would let you pre-order ahead of the stock arriving.

passing on the helmets for now. im waiting for the obi saber and xwing

Back