Dying or painting pleather?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

**16k**

Super Freak
Reaction score
Hi guys,

I need help here!

I'm about to make a custom CW Arrow. Sooo, I got the head covered (the mass produced one should do with a repaint and some mods), I can sew, so that is covered too, I got the reference pics....

... But I can't find thin green pleather in shops in Europe. So the question. I already have some thin pleather in grey and black. Can it be dyed? If so, what should I use?

If not, can I paint it with acrylics? Will it flake once dried up? Should I rather paint on grey or on black?

Any help will be valuable, thanks!:)

I've successfully painted pleather with acrylics. I've repainted Indy's jacket on the premium format statue and Batman's cape on the 1/6 figure and had no issues whatsoever.

I've painted pleather and other fabrics with martha stewart multi-surface paints, two years later I haven't had any flaking at all but it could depend on the specific material so I'd test it first.

This sounds like a cool project. Is it going to be The Arrow, or the season 4 Green Arrow version?

Back