1/6 DX10 - Terminator 2 - T-800 Cyberdyne - Official Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: DX10 - Terminator 2 - T-800 Cyberdyne - Official Specs & Pics

Honestly, while the sculpt has it's flaws, I think the one of the problems is that the eyebrows aren't right, at least on the final product. Well, they're not wrong per se, but they kinda peak up in the center, like he's curious. Had they been a bit flatter and more determined it would seal the deal. That's why he looks so good with the glasses, it hides that.

Still beyond acceptable as it, and I would love to own one. This or DX13 (probably 13 more so) are grail figures to me.

Furthermore I also have to compliment the bike pictures. They look brilliant.

The DX10 is one of my favorite grail figures to display. Seeing what others have done adding a motorcycle makes it much better to showcase. Great idea adding the bike.

Re: Hot Toys - DX10 - Terminator 2 - DX T-800 Cyberdyne - Official Specs & Pics

I wonder since Arnie is back to doing movies, will he do another Terminator movie? Probably not since he's to old to take on the role. I can't see a geriatric cyborg happening.
3 years later, I was wrong, Genesys happened. Oh my crap. Hot Toys even did a geriatric Arnold cyborg.

Re: Hot Toys - DX10 - Terminator 2 - DX T-800 Cyberdyne - Official Specs & Pics

DSC_0252.JPG

This is a digital sculpt from the customs section here: https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/...nan-barbarian-1982-sdabbs-43.html#post8039651

So I repeat this is not an existing Hot Toys sculpt below, nevertheless I added T2 hair to it. Gettin' fancier now with my windows paint, cropping images and using multiple shades of colour - very advanced :lol

This one has a bit of extra squint in one eye which I wish someone would do for real:

Last edited:
Still more accurate than the DX10. Funny that all my life I wanted a T2 Arnold toy, but when I finally got this, the face is a bit underwhelming. That's just me though.

I own both the dx and the mms. After time, I still think the mms rules in all aspects. The outfit on the dx seems like the leather is shrinking, and the head looks worse over time to me. The mms with glasses on is arnold. Just wish there was a head out there that nailed his appearence without glasses on, although nior was pretty good.

This is a digital sculpt from the customs section here: https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/...nan-barbarian-1982-sdabbs-43.html#post8039651

So I repeat this is not an existing Hot Toys sculpt below, nevertheless I added T2 hair to it. Gettin' fancier now with my windows paint, cropping images and using multiple shades of colour - very advanced :lol

This one has a bit of extra squint in one eye which I wish someone would do for real:

You just created the best T2 Arnold sculpt, Andrew.
:duff:

I own both the dx and the mms. After time, I still think the mms rules in all aspects. The outfit on the dx seems like the leather is shrinking, and the head looks worse over time to me. The mms with glasses on is arnold. Just wish there was a head out there that nailed his appearence without glasses on, although nior was pretty good.

I agree I put the MMS on the DX10 clothes & boots + DX10 shades, looks great.

DSCF3322_zpsdlpkgk6y.jpg

A little Arnie get together:lol
DSCF3330_zpsbbbnyubp.jpg

That's Avatar-quality work right there, dev. :duff

I've been signed for the sequels, though I don't think you'll see my work till like...Avatar 12.

You just created the best T2 Arnold sculpt, Andrew.
:duff:

Not sure I'd say that but I think that's a pretty good guide to his T2 hair and the shape it creates to his head overall. If I were to mimic Hot Toys DX10 or DX13 hair on that it'd look very different..and very wrong.

The MMS doesn't look like Arnold, shades or no shades. I can compare any other sculpt to movie stills and see things they got right but with the T2 MMS that's a big nope on pretty much all facial features.

Back