1/6 DX10 - Terminator 2 - T-800 Cyberdyne - Official Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What new sculpt, if I may ask?

This guy:

11709679_917884474916548_95051918500580562_o.jpg

ezgif.com-crop.gif

Man, I was never really fond of the DX 10 when I first received mine, especially with those PERS eyes. After seeing this though, I'm seeing the DX 10 in a better light. Matrix's features really got smoothed over, like they took a rolling pin to his face.

Body looks great though. Too bad we can't get that physique sculpt for the Terminators.

The goofiness of the PERs is it's only real fault, which can be attributed to the fact they didn't give him the squint. I can almost live with the flat paint app.

The goofiness of the PERs is it's only real fault, which can be attributed to the fact they didn't give him the squint. I can almost live with the flat paint app.

Well it's got more wrong than that. His sideburns are too long, the back of his skull is too bulbous (the old silverback gorilla comparison), the way they sculpted his hair tucking in under his ears at the back looks silly and isn't accurate and the general interplay between his head and neck looks stiff and unnatural - the neck itself is also very lacking in detail. And of course, he generally looks too young. Though there are wrinkles, they just aren't pronounced enough. So really, quite a lot wrong - it's a case of what faults are the lesser of evils when you're looking at all these sculpts.

But as I said, front-on the shape of his face and his features look closer to the real Arnie and perhaps also the profile (of just the face, not including the hair) I also think DX13, MMS238 and now Commando here are making his forehead too slanted and caveman in the profile view - whereas DX10 has it about right to my eyes.

Well it's got more wrong than that. His sideburns are too long, the back of his skull is too bulbous (the old silverback gorilla comparison), the way they sculpted his hair tucking in under his ears at the back looks silly and isn't accurate and the general interplay between his head and neck looks stiff and unnatural - the neck itself is also very lacking in detail. And of course, he generally looks too young. Though there are wrinkles, they just aren't pronounced enough. So really, quite a lot wrong - it's a case of what faults are the lesser of evils when you're looking at all these sculpts.

But as I said, front-on the shape of his face and his features look closer to the real Arnie and perhaps also the profile (of just the face, not including the hair) I also think DX13, MMS238 and now Commando here are making his forehead too slanted and caveman in the profile view - whereas DX10 has it about right to my eyes.

I can ignore most of what you mentioned, plus it's got the common theme of most Arnies from HT... the afro. I know the neck is bad, but it never really caught my attention like some of the issues it has.

Still, DX13 has the most Arnold than any of the others. I was awed by it when I got it, but nowadays it's not as amazing to me anymore. But, I'd still say it's got about 85% of Arnold in there or better. My biggest issue is the jam and jelly gore on his face.

The Matrix figure turned out laughable.

I can ignore most of what you mentioned, plus it's got the common theme of most Arnies from HT... the afro. I know the neck is bad, but it never really caught my attention like some of the issues it has.

Still, DX13 has the most Arnold than any of the others. I was awed by it when I got it, but nowadays it's not as amazing to me anymore. But, I'd still say it's got about 85% of Arnold in there or better. My biggest issue is the jam and jelly gore on his face.

The Matrix figure turned out laughable.

Yeah it's amazing, DX13 has lost some of its original impact with me. I'm sure I raved about it when I first got it but flaws gradually made themselves more apparent and slowly started annoying me more. It's like the closer something is to greatness the bigger the pity that there's a few things wrong.

Certainly those sculpts carry more facial likeness than any others, particularly when you've got the eyes turned left or right (as with DX10) but the whole shape is wrong. The face is too wide, the back of his skull is still too bulbous and sticky uppy and the hair overall is arguably worse than DX10s. The sculpting is soft, round and overly neat. Too short aswell.

This was boardmember Commando's customised DX13 head filling in the battle-damage:

Credit to him fantastic job evening things up to create a clean sculpt out of this^ But the hair, no fault of his, is terrible. So this was a crude mock-up I did of how it should have looked at least from the front:

It is possible to sculpt that shape with all these 'indentations' that break up the hair and stop it looking like a mini-afro ^ other companies have done it.

And this is what I would do to the DX10's profile:

I do remember Commando's custom, it was a valiant effort. I do recall the little tufts of hair you're talking about, they were very apparent in the desert scenes. It's one thing none of the T2 Arnies ever got right, even the Enterbays.

They never seem to make his hair high enough, and have proper separation of the hair strands. They make them too close together, hench the afro.

hosgYjs.jpg

Hey all, I just scored this guy for my birthday (and for retail, shockingly). I'm in love with this figure, and wanted to share the few hasty pics I snapped with you.

My DX10 and the motorbike

111e.jpg

222.jpg

333.jpg

444.jpg

555.jpg

666.jpg

??1d.jpg

??3d.jpg

??4d.jpg

I am trying make this bike look like the one in the movie, please give advice, thnks.

Last edited:
Back