1/6 DX10 - Terminator 2 - T-800 Cyberdyne - Official Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
IMG_5658.jpg

I'm thinking tomorrow I'm going to finally try to finish my DX10 endo arm. So I purchased a spare DX13 battle damaged arm and a spare MMS117 endo arm. I cut the endo arm out of the flesh, now I just need to cut off the BD remains. I'm not sure of the best way of doing this without damaging the DX13 flesh and leaving myself a nice surface to glue them together. Anybody have any suggestions?

I'm thinking tomorrow I'm going to finally try to finish my DX10 endo arm. So I purchased a spare DX13 battle damaged arm and a spare MMS117 endo arm. I cut the endo arm out of the flesh, now I just need to cut off the BD remains. I'm not sure of the best way of doing this without damaging the DX13 flesh and leaving myself a nice surface to glue them together. Anybody have any suggestions?
you're going a hard way. i abandoned that idea and just gave my DX10 arms from MMS117 for that scene. it works better as less joints are visible. his torso "flesh" can be taken off like a shirt, revealing the screws and joints that hold the arms in shoulders.
sorry i can't advice on your way, didn't try to do the same. though if i wanted to do it, i'd just take 2 drills - one of a forearm diameter and one of a peg diameter - and drill the DX13 elbow so that the MMS117 skeleton arm will fit there like it fits in the original elbow part. you would also be able to reposition it (by swirling it).

old photos of mine - with MMS117 hands on DX10 body.

002_result01.jpg~original

002_result02.jpg~original

002_result03.jpg~original

Ahh. That's how you did it. I could tell it wasn't a mms body. I do like how the mms arms have an actual solid elbow. I'm trying real hard not to buy an MMS117. I'm not crazy about the head sculpt, and I'd rather drop the couple hundred dollars on another figure. I wish I could recreate it just as you did.

you're going a hard way. i abandoned that idea and just gave my DX10 arms from MMS117 for that scene. it works better as less joints are visible. his torso "flesh" can be taken off like a shirt, revealing the screws and joints that hold the arms in shoulders.
sorry i can't advice on your way, didn't try to do the same. though if i wanted to do it, i'd just take 2 drills - one of a forearm diameter and one of a peg diameter - and drill the DX13 elbow so that the MMS117 skeleton arm will fit there like it fits in the original elbow part. you would also be able to reposition it (by swirling it).

old photos of mine - with MMS117 hands on DX10 body.

002_result01.jpg~original

002_result02.jpg~original

002_result03.jpg~original

:( there was an MMS117 body on ebay for less than $100 recently, wanted to give you a link but it got away already. anyway, they appear sometimes. try not to go with MMS136 as it is much whiter. i have lots of MMS136 arms that could be replaced and become spare, but they just won't fit the color, as DX10 has a lot more tan.
you still can experiment on drilling :)

:( there was an MMS117 body on ebay for less than $100 recently, wanted to give you a link but it got away already. anyway, they appear sometimes. try not to go with MMS136 as it is much whiter. i have lots of MMS136 arms that could be replaced and become spare, but they just won't fit the color, as DX10 has a lot more tan.
you still can experiment on drilling :)

Thanks for trying. I'll keep my eye out. The only MMS117 body I saw was almost the same price as the full thing.

yVy3fCT.jpg

I picked up a DX13 head om eBay to put on my DX10, and was disappointed to find the skin tone doesn't match--the DX13 is much darker. It also doesn't sit quite right on the body, there's a gap at the neck and the base of the head.

A shame. Bit of waste of money.

Hot Toys unfortunately cares little for cross-compatibility and consistency between figures even within the same license - hence the tiny heads of MMS136 and the massive heads of MMS238. Likewise the DX13 head being bigger than the DX10 one which itself was bigger than the MMS117 head.

A shame. Bit of waste of money.
you should have checked this thread before that, we just discussed DX13 head on DX10 body a couple of pages ago - with photos.
hence the tiny heads of MMS136 and the massive heads of MMS238. Likewise the DX13 head being bigger than the DX10 one which itself was bigger than the MMS117 head.
yesterday i compared Dutch head to MMS238. Dutch had the smallest head :) looks like every next Schwarzenegger head they make becomes bigger and bigger.

also i checked my MMS117 head. oh man. still the best terminator head from HT. those hair are like 2 levels better then any terminator haircut they did later.

Re: DX10 - Terminator 2 - T-800 Cyberdyne - Official Specs & Pics

you should have checked this thread before that, we just discussed DX13 head on DX10 body a couple of pages ago - with photos.

I did, actually, but I guess I missed the relevant posts.

I'll try it on display for a while. It looks passable in the right light. The headsculpt on the DX13 looks considerably more like Arnold; it would be a shame not to display it.

J89KjJr.jpg

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

The newer figures aren't designed to look consistent with their older counterparts. The DX13 is noticeably bigger and taller than the DX10, and the MMS238 have much bigger heads than the Tech Noir. What I did with mine is I have the newer figures displayed further behind to make them look equal size with the old ones. :lol

also i checked my MMS117 head. oh man. still the best terminator head from HT. those hair are like 2 levels better then any terminator haircut they did later.

I know. I used to criticise the hair on that figure because I always thought NECA nailed it better but in hindsight - and so many botch-jobs later - it's Hot Toys best attempt at his hair by a longshot. The silhouette, the hairline and the sculpting detail are all pretty good. Then they thought it was a good idea to copy Enterbay's clean figure with its big bulbous mass of hair at the back and they've been ****ing it up ever since, even when Enterbay corrected themselves with the BD figure Hot Toys ignored that and kept going with the afro. :slap

The MMS117 with glasses looks amazing.

The DX10's young looking head sculpt is really my only gripe with the figure. Has anyone fitted the MMS117 head on the DX10 body?

The newer figures aren't designed to look consistent with their older counterparts. The DX13 is noticeably bigger and taller than the DX10, and the MMS238 have much bigger heads than the Tech Noir. What I did with mine is I have the newer figures displayed further behind to make them look equal size with the old ones. :lol

I think if the 238's body was more beefcake, that fat ****ing head wouldn't as noticeable. I plan on getting that John Matrix at some point given it will be the only high end attempt at it... I swear it's a completely new head sculpt since even if the paint is soft, which it is, it just doesn't look the same at all to the press shots sculpt.

Back