1/6 DX10 - Terminator 2 - T-800 Cyberdyne - Official Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys - DX10 - Terminator 2 - DX T-800 Cyberdyne - Official Specs & Pics

So they and EB have something going. :dunno

Bottom line, I think people on this board just like to _____. :)

:exactly: The BD version will come, and since I missed out on the first one, I was stoked for the announcement, all of the goodies he comes with, and I already PO'd this fella!! The BD version will be sweeeeeet...just gotta have patience

Asking why people hate on Hot Toys is like asking why people hate on Microsoft

:goodpost: Because they only make small tweaks to new releases (rehashes) and charge you an arm and a leg only to find out there are major quality issues after purchase:panic:

Wow, this thread is full of straw man arguments... :lol It's not HT that are desperate to make sales.

I will support HT in the sense that they make good products overall, and have earned the benefit of the doubt in some ways, despite their issues and complaints that they get from various places. But if Enterbay somehow produces a better product that is equivalent to what I would like to buy from HT, then I'll go with them.

Like Butters, however, EB is still an unknown quantity to me. I still think their 1/4 scale Terminator has a funky head, even if its likeness is better than the 1/6th scale HT offerings (excluding Yulli's T1). But the consensus view of the 1/4 scale T2 version is that it is great, so I wouldn't be averse to buying a 1/4 scale product from them if the license/character were right--Batman Begins, for instance.

You're one angry duck, intothevoid... :lol

I will support HT in the sense that they make good products overall, and have earned the benefit of the doubt in some ways, despite their issues and complaints that they get from various places. But if Enterbay somehow produces a better product that is equivalent to what I would like to buy from HT, then I'll go with them.

Like Butters, however, EB is still an unknown quantity to me. I still think their 1/4 scale Terminator has a funky head, even if its likeness is better than the 1/6th scale HT offerings (excluding Yulli's T1). But the consensus view of the 1/4 scale T2 version is that it is great, so I wouldn't be averse to buying a 1/4 scale product from them if the license/character were right--Batman Begins, for instance.

:exactly: :goodpost:

You're one angry duck, intothevoid... :lol

1278324379_angry-daffy-duck.gif

It's easy to come along and make something after someone else has paved the way for you. I'm all for competition, but I have to question Enterbay Bill's motives after reading his recent interview... it would seem that he's only in it for the cash and not for the love of the figures or the subject they're based on...

It's easy to come along and make something after someone else has paved the way for you. I'm all for competition, but I have to question Enterbay Bill's motives after reading his recent interview... it would seem that he's only in it for the cash and not for the love of the figures or the subject they're based on...
Do you think HT is any different? How many wacky niche licenses have HT picked up over the last couple of years, apart from Platoon? I guess they can make personal decisions within the context of licenses that will appeal to the masses (like HT's head honcho choosing Luke as the DX b/c it was a toy he had as a kid), but in general, these are businesses driven by the almighty yuan.

Their motivations only matter to me inasmuch as they are motivated to give me stuff I want to buy :D

I agree. They haven't made anything that I just had to have. And their T2 likeness is awesome but the clothes to puffy and the hair wierd. I like something because of the whole overall package, not just the actor likeness.

Do you think HT is any different? How many wacky niche licenses have HT picked up over the last couple of years, apart from Platoon? I guess they can make personal decisions within the context of licenses that will appeal to the masses (like HT's head honcho choosing Luke as the DX b/c it was a toy he had as a kid), but in general, these are businesses driven by the almighty yuan.

Their motivations only matter to me inasmuch as they are motivated to give me stuff I want to buy :D

I sure a passion for the medium is what got them both started, same with Sideshow. But as it becomes a business, making money to support that business will aways comes first.

Yes. I doubt we would have half the licenses they have delivered if it was only money they were concerned with. Sure, they're a business and license holders aren't giving away their intellectual property for free, but it's HT that sought out licenses that they enjoy and wanted to make. I don't think HT and Sideshow get enough credit for creating the market that exist today. Enterbay have an easy ride because of them. HT and sideshow have a right to protect their hard erned market and I don't see why anyone would be surprised by that fact.

I sure a passion for the medium is what got them both started, same with Sideshow. But as it becomes a business, making money to support that business will aways comes first.

:lol Enterbay Bill:

The founding of ENTERBAY was not because I loved the figurine hobby, but simply because of Bruce Lee. I had been buying toys and some figurines, but I was not addicted to them. The reason why I started ENTERBAY was because I couldn’t buy my ideal 1:6 Scale Bruce Lee figure. When I was 19 years old, I knew that I was not good at studying and I hated the dull school life that I had; textbook knowledge was simply useless to me. I did not want to waste time and be a burden to my family, so I decided to quit university and looked for opportunities and work experience.
I have had lots of different jobs before, and then there was this chance when I went to Japan and started to develop my own trading business. Because I was so young and with the lack of experiences, I lost all my hard-earned savings. Life was very tough back then, and I also had to take care of the whole family. I had to find a breakthrough idea to salvage the situation as soon as possible.

I have always admired Bruce Lee, not only for his martial art talents but also for his thinking, philosophy and attitude toward life. It was then that I saw this as an opportunity to create the best and the most popular 1:6 Bruce Lee figurine. That was the beginning of ENTERBAY.

I have zero brand loyalty when it comes to collectibles. Whatever looks the most accurate to the source material gets my money, whether its licensed figures or customs

exactly my approach :1-1:

Looks like Hot Toys has really got the PERS thing down now.

Something about the sculpt looks a little... sad[?] to me. Iunno...

Anyway, great figure, but easy pass for me. Thank goodness.

Yes. I doubt we would have half the licenses they have delivered if it was only money they were concerned with. Sure, they're a business and license holders aren't giving away their intellectual property for free, but it's HT that sought out licenses that they enjoy and wanted to make. I don't think HT and Sideshow get enough credit for creating the market that exist today. Enterbay have an easy ride because of them. HT and sideshow have a right to protect their hard erned market and I don't see why anyone would be surprised by that fact.
I agree that HT paved the way for Enterbay to take on these properties at the high end level and have an established collector base ready to pick them up (self included), and HT has earned the benefits from this because they have the name recognition and history that people will continue to give them more of the benefit of the doubt than EB for awhile anyway. But what are their recent likenesses that aren't pure geek collector-centric? Marvel, DC, Predators, Terminator, Sucker Punch, Resident Evil, Metal Gear, Pirates of the Caribbean, Expendables, Avatar, Aliens (Prometheus), etc. Maybe Platoon and Inglourious Basterds were exceptions, but I would say that they definitely are the exceptions. If these licenses were chosen because HT upper management genuinely loved the properties, then they have precisely the same interests as the collectors that they are catering to.

Naaaah, he looks sad and his eyes tell "KILL MEEEEE!"
:lol

I agree that HT paved the way for Enterbay to take on these properties at the high end level and have an established collector base ready to pick them up (self included), and HT has earned the benefits from this because they have the name recognition and history that people will continue to give them more of the benefit of the doubt than EB for awhile anyway. But what are their recent likenesses that aren't pure geek collector-centric? Marvel, DC, Predators, Terminator, Sucker Punch, Resident Evil, Metal Gear, Pirates of the Caribbean, Expendables, Avatar, Aliens (Prometheus), etc. Maybe Platoon and Inglourious Basterds were exceptions, but I would say that they definitely are the exceptions. If these licenses were chosen because HT upper management genuinely loved the properties, then they have precisely the same interests as the collectors that they are catering to.

:lol

I think it's all too easy to get caught up in the hype that this site can generate when a new product gets announced, but do you honestly believe that that hype is the genuine consensus of the market that actually buys their products? HT would be out of business if you believed 80% of the stuff you read in their threads, and Enterbay would be the most successful brand on the planet. It's the serious collectors that keep them growing and expanding and it's precisely because they are making what the fans want. But I'm sure as they grow they will have access to many more licenses' that appeal to them and their fans, but building trust takes a long time and that doesn't happen over night.

Anyway, I wouldn't have a collection if I listened to all the Debbie downers and accuracy obsessive's on this forum. It's become a sport of sorts. But I highly doubt that most that do it actually buy anything at all. :lol

So you think HT has built trust with their disaster QC issues? Wow.

The only reason they are still alive and well is because they're the only game in town. I certainly don't trust HT QC or customer service.

I know you have an axe to grind with HT...that much is obvious. I would be far more concerned with Enterbay than HT. If HT would have been out of business years ago if they were as bad as you seem to believe they are. I've only experienced a couple of minor issues in nearly 10 years of collecting their stuff.

Back