1/6 DX10 - Terminator 2 - T-800 Cyberdyne - Official Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys - DX10 - Terminator 2 - T-800 Cyberdyne - Official Specs & Pics

This guy will be here Monday for me.

This guy will be here Monday for me.

Cool, I hope you enjoy him. One of mine I haven't touched or changed in any way, just slapped the grenade bandolier on him, put the M79 in his right hand and it looks fantastic. Its T2 Arnie in full arse-kicking mode, ''let me try mine'', ''I'll take care of the police'' etc etc.

Yeah its a great figure, top shelf for sure!!! I may get myself a third sometime in the next month or so, no rush. I really like the figure alot, not my favorate t-800 but the most fun to pose and alot of display options. I do think there's a room to make a better sculpt without pers though, the sculpt on this figure is a good as it gets with pers, but a revised meaner looking sculpt without pers would rock.

As it stands this is about the best t2 arnie there is out there, only slightly better than the enterbay in the hair department, but the only issue with the hair on the dx is it should be a slight bit more receeded at the hair line and the side burns are abit off.

Wow reading my own words I think I'm getting to @n@l for my own good right now:panic: I blame you freaks for this, I was never like that before:pfft: Infact I was totally satisfied with my mms117 til I started looking at comparisions in the enterbay thread:(

Lolz, OCD MUCH?

I know right:lol its really just some observations nothing big, I love the figure and own 2 so oviously I'm satisfied with it. My ocd never really went into how acturate a figure was more in line with is it mint. This forum is driving me to notice the most minor things with people posting side by side comparisons with likenesses and weapons and so on.

I just futz my Coo model minigun to be more acturate to the film the other day cause someone pointed out it was'nt, this was something I did'nt even care about a week ago, it looked cool and thats was enought for me:panic:

Arnie's hair is an area of mine that I'm OCD on. Y'all have probably noticed I comment on it a lot. In fact until I just edited it this post was much longer, going on about my favourite and not-so-favourite depictions of Arnie's hair in sculpt form. I decided not to use this as yet another opportunity to have a rant at HT and Enterbay.

003_lights.jpg

004_lights.jpg

looks better every day even in regular light! WIN.

Obviously this is better overall than the first T2 Ahnuld (verdict is still out on the headsculpt) but they could have easily given us the extra weapons to that one or even done a weapon pack before doing a whole new figure, especially with the battle damaged one on the horizon. A lot of retread for similar figures. Maybe that's just me...and seeing as how I bought 3 T-1000s maybe I'm just being cheap about the new DX terminator.

Obviously this is better overall than the first T2 Ahnuld (verdict is still out on the headsculpt)
ahaaaa...no

but they could have easily given us the extra weapons to that one or even done a weapon pack before doing a whole new figure,

there was a weapons pack...it was the Coo Model stuff

The only accessory you might not be able to use is the endo arm from the MMS as it is on a different body from the newer HT T-800's.

ht-mms117-terminator-2-t-800-004.jpg
remember my words, i'll do that :)
target: use the old endoarm on a new body

arms: replaced

001_start.jpg

target: achieved.

now just waiting for the extra head.

-------------

p.s. as i had to "butcher" (as butters said) HT T-800 bodies several times, i can compare their insides.
all parts fit, but the new shoulder joints look more secure.
for example, the byceps area is now connected to the shoulder ball with a metal screw.

Those arms look great on the new body & way better for anything with the jacket off. That is gonna look awesome when all completed. :)

I still prefer the old body ....the new body has incomplete paint,thinner and smaller and the neck is horrible....don't care the double joint arms I modded mine mms to have the same mobility of the dx..

The neck is my least favorite on the dx body with no movement :monkey2. The arms on both figures have advantages & disadvantages. Better articulation vs. nicer looking elbow joints. Just depends on what scene your displaying.

I still prefer the old body ....the new body has incomplete paint,thinner and smaller and the neck is horrible....don't care the double joint arms I modded mine mms to have the same mobility of the dx..

I think the new body is better because it is thinner and smaller. The overall physique looks much more accurate to T2 Arnie in my eyes, especially the slope of the shoulders.

_MG_6315.jpg

I LOVE this pic, Marf. So much win here. Looks so great. If i didnt have mine displayed on the bike Id have him in this pose too. :yess:

I think the new body is better because it is thinner and smaller. The overall physique looks much more accurate to T2 Arnie in my eyes, especially the slope of the shoulders.

_MG_6315.jpg

I LOVE this pic, Marf. So much win here. Looks so great. If i didnt have mine displayed on the bike Id have him in this pose too. :yess:

Thanks Rzez, I'm a total sucker for that pose! :lol

Yeah Arnie was less pumped in T2 for sure. He was almost in Mr Olympia shape in T1 but much more lean I guess in T2. That always buged me about the MMS that the body was too big.

Yeah Arnie was less pumped in T2 for sure. He was almost in Mr Olympia shape in T1 but much more lean I guess in T2. That always buged me about the MMS that the body was too big.

Yes, but at the time the MMS came out it was awesome posing it next to the smaller figures out there. Over time it became too big, especially when they made the T1 at the same size. I do agree now, it is definitely too big for Arnie in T2. The dx body is a perfect size for T2.

Yes, but at the time the MMS came out it was awesome posing it next to the smaller figures out there.

He's still imposing next to other figures with the new body, notice the hight difference between the 3. :)

_MG_6336.jpg

Back