DX02 residue in abdominal area, has yours shown signs of it?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Has your DX02 shown signs of residue buildup in the abdominal area?

• Total voters
I had t DX Bat bodies replaced, but one came back with the upper part pulled to one side, no matter how much you put it back to centre, it pulls back.

Sent them a pic and they said it was nothing wrong!

40765_104604832930674_100001434731937_42289_5398687_n.jpg

I have really had enough of Hot Toys, I had a damaged Big Chap sent it back for replacement and came back with missing feet and hand/claw

Had problems with a host of other HT figs.

Its my 3rd post on here and i'm complaining!

I had t DX Bat bodies replaced, but one came back with the upper part pulled to one side, no matter how much you put it back to centre, it pulls back.

Sent them a pic and they said it was nothing wrong!

40765_104604832930674_100001434731937_42289_5398687_n.jpg

I have really had enough of Hot Toys, I had a damaged Big Chap sent it back for replacement and came back with missing feet and hand/claw

Had problems with a host of other HT figs.

Its my 3rd post on here and i'm complaining!

Personally, I would just peel the top off and re glue it. But that's me.

Sent the dealer an email asking was the replacement body was direct from Hottoys or did he replace it with his stock in case I get leaky abs again and got this reply :)

They send me the replacement,
Their after-sales services are very bad
i'm sorry for take you long time

took a while getting the replacement but he was very quick replying to my emails and was in touch all the way.
Just glad am getting a new body after hearing about Hottoys telling people they not replacing bodies again since they cant say the new ones will not leak. Think what helped my case was the sheer amount of damage it caused

Well I guess I am probably one of the last few here on the forum to pull the trigger on getting a DX02 TDK Batman but I just ordered one from gohastings.com. It should be here next week. I haven't been checking this thread (or any thread for that matter over the last month or two--been real busy) but I take it the DX02's from Diamond with the hard plastic abs are now leaking??? I guess we'll see when I open mine up. I hope this isn't the case.

Just got my replacement in from HT today with the hard abs. No sign of oil on it at all, looks really good. Took less than a week to arrive too!

Just in case anybody is interested: My replacement body was glued terribly so I removed it and fixed it. Wasnt really a problem. Just an exacto and patience (and some guts ;) ). When I finally seperated the two pieces of the suit I realized that the body was all over oily... Guess they did not fix the problem on the inside. :lol

Had a replacement, with the hard plastic abs, for a few weeks now. Started to leak on the left bicep armour. Despite regular cleaning the back of the band has discoloured.

Seems they are able to replace one fault for another.

You're now on your second replacement? or just the replacement is now oozing as well.

I was out of town for some time. I come back just to realize my Batch 1/2 (never knew which batch exactly) DX batman has corroded even more now. Sent a mail to Hot toys and waiting patiently. So now the replacements are oozing too? Oh boy.:slap
img4517j.jpg

img4518y.jpg

img4519.jpg

img4520l.jpg

img4523g.jpg

if anyone here in the US has an extra body suit with the chest plate just laying around that does have the oil abs or any kind of leakage that they don't want anymore PM me. i'm not tryng to prey on someone's misfortunes, it's only if you have an extra you don't want anymore. :peace thanks :)

More or less yes, sadly. The oil is the rubber breaking down. It's why the curing process for the thermoplastic rubber went wrong at Hot Toys HQ as they were so busy rushing it. It's dissolving at a slow rate. Plus the oil is like battery acid to the paintwork on the suit, as it has a dipped coating over the rubber.

Thats also the reason why you see bubbles on the kevlar bicep plates. It softens the decals, loosens a part where it's oozing through the decal, it lifts away from the surface and becomes stretched.

Getting one regardless from who is pure hit or a miss. Mine was fine for 11 days before the bicep plate trim started to slowly ooze. This was a replacement directly from Hot Toys after the DCD run hit all the stores. Near enough mid June.

Some cured properly thats why some people's are not oozing and some did not. All figures that aren't oozing do not have plastic biceps.

Last edited:
Some people are saying theirs have plastic bicep plates. If thats the case, every DCD figure wouldn't have the problem. The DCDirect figures effectively started in April but never started shipping until the end of May. MaulFan was one of the first to get them with plastic abdominal plates.

Thats like saying we'll make some figures with PERS and some without.

How do you get a non leaking one? luck with hope and pray.

Back