DX02 residue in abdominal area, has yours shown signs of it?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Has your DX02 shown signs of residue buildup in the abdominal area?

• Total voters
I am really disappointed. I just can't belive this hole thing with the leakage is starting again. I am curious if this little oil will destroy the rubber at the biceps area after a while...probably yes...just like at the second batch's case. Damn you Hot Toys...this is really ridiculous now...:slap

Checked mine. Just a little spec on one of them. Mine has mostly been in the box since I received it (no room yet).

I really do hope this doesn't spread and eat away at the kevlar like it did with the 2nd batch. If so we're all in trouble.

Well it is clearly the same issue like at the second batch...so I gues we will have a serious trouble. Idiot Hot Toys just cannot fix they Batman even for the third time...and we have again probably a figure which will eat away itself....

Well ____, I need to go check my three DCD bats now... hopefully I'm fine... getting three replaced would be a huge pain in the ass.

I doubt the replacement would be any better.

You know... considering it would be the DCD version.

I meant if this becomes a huge issue again and they have to start addressing it.... hopefully it doesn't come to that.

Yeah I think at this point all HT would do is send you a replacement with the same body. Then down the line change the exchange policy again so they can finally wash their hands of the DX Batman.

But on the bright side I think avoiding contact between the shoulder plate and the bicep would prevent the oil. The left plate is a little raised and not touching the bicep and that has no oil.

The arm area is not as bad as the ab area problem.

My last one leaked there, so I just put a thin piece of lint free kitchen towel inside the shoulder pad at it stopped the leak and protected the Kevlar.

The arm area is not as bad as the ab area problem.

My last one leaked there, so I just put a thin piece of lint free kitchen towel inside the shoulder pad at it stopped the leak and protected the Kevlar.

Okay! Thanks for the tip! This is what I will do if I came back from work tonight!

hot toys tdk batman oil issue

i keep hearing about the oil leakage issue with the dx 02 batman. i have this figure as well and am kind of worried now. can someone please explain the issue? thanks

Re: hot toys tdk batman oil issue

Oil leaks from the abs on the first two batches. It's been discussed in this thread here, you'll also find info on how to get replacement and so on!

If you have a figure from the DC Direct batch with hard plastic abs then don't worry!

Toughen up now your about to get ripped apart!

Ahh ..u will learn young one, you will learn..

interesting. i've had my figure for about a month now and i ordered it off of amazon and i dont see any oil under the belt. now i hear there's oil under the shoulder pad(s)?

Oil leaks from the abs on the first two batches. It's been discussed in this thread here, you'll also find info on how to get replacement and so on!

If you have a figure from the DC Direct batch with hard plastic abs then don't worry!

Not true. I have a DCD DX02 AND IT STILL HAS OIL. The ABS are fixed but the bicep still has oil. Not much but the threat is still there.

Not true. I have a DCD DX02 AND IT STILL HAS OIL. The ABS are fixed but the bicep still has oil. Not much but the threat is still there.

Really? Ah for ____s sake! Haven't been in the oil thread for quite a while. Also forgot about the oil on biceps! Don't imagine anything will be done about it now though. Hopefully when mine arrives won't have any troubles!:pray:

so apparently the people constantly wiping the oil away cause the rubber to be eaten away. interesting. so far i've checked my batman figure and no oil anywhere. whew :pray: :thud:

No. The presence of oil causes the oil to eat away at the suit.

Back